“Simply wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Qodwa

Save Saved
You added Riad Qodwa to your Saves list
Riad Qodwa
route 2012 Sidi Abdallah Ghiat Km 12 | Route du Golf royale, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #57 of 185 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Simply wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my son in April for a short break. Right from being met at the airport by the ever cheerful Said to being dropped back four days later, the excellent team at Riad Qodwa could not have done more for us. The food was delicious, the Moroccan salad became a favourite for lunch. The standard of service was super. The peaceful and beautiful setting of the hotel was a perfect antidote to the noise and bustle of Marrakech. The almond trees were in bloom, the lemons were ripening in the sun. The free shuttle to the city centre was very convenient. There is a large sunbathing area next to the pool with plenty of shade available and even sun hats are provided! A very relaxing place.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely long weekend break at the Riad Qodwa, the service I received was outstanding throughout. I had originally booked to go with my B/F but we broke up, so went with a friend instead, the travel agency I booked with wanted a £25 admin fee to amend name on room however I emailed the Riad directly and was told this would be no problem and amended the booking at no extra charge.
My friend and I were greeted at the Airport and transported to the hotel, Mustaffa was friendly and chatty throughout, and continued this when shuttling us into Marrakech each evening and when dropping us back off at airport, all at no extra cost.
Breakfast served out on the terrace consisted of juice, hot drink, breads, croissants, pancakes, yoghurt, jams and honey, unfortuantely I am wheat and lactose intolerant so couldn't partake, and instead the staff happily went off to find me some fruit, even picking some fresh from the trees.
The room was spacious and cleaned daily and the poolside was absolute bliss.
I could not have had a nicer stay.

Laura

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The problems started before we arrived. Despite receiving an email confirming that we would be picked up from the airport, our promised lift never arrived. The result-a 35 pound taxi fare. The owner, Said, told me he was sorry, that he would 'sort it', but no refund was forthcoming. The reason for the confusion according to Said...the room was booked in my name, but the taxi emails were from my wife. My wife has the same surname as me, so I don't believe that this is a particularly credible excuse. Even if it were true, why send an email back to my wife saying they would see her at the airport if they didn't know who she was! My feeling is they simply forgot. Forgetting customers happens an awful lot at Riad Qodwa.
Food is poor quality, very expensive and takes an eternity to appear. The 2 hours for an omlette to turn up was the worst example, but it typically took 45 minutes for a tray of stale bread, yoghurt, olives and a triangle of laughing cow to appear each morning (breakfast is identical every day). Another evening I watched my food cool in front of me for 5 minutes as a waiter went to get me cutlery. The problem is that you have no alternative given the remote location of the Riad.
The shuttle bus service to Marrakech rarely ran on time. This is a problem when you have only a limited amount of time on your holiday. It also caused stress when it was time for a shuttle run back to the airport at the end of our stay.
We had to point out our room wasn't being cleaned.
I could go on, but I don't want to labour the point. And there are positives!
The bedrooms are huge, there is free wifi, and the pool is great. The sun shone all week and Marrakech is a fascinating city. However, this does not hide the appalling service and food at Riad Qodwa. I wouldn't want anyone else to experience this Moroccan Fawlty Towers without being forewarned!

• Stayed April 2013
Hull UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have just spent six nights at Riad Qodwa and it was excellent. Said transferred us here from the smaller Riad he owns, in the kasbah, as we were a family group of four. I was initially apprehensive as this Riad is some way out from Marrakesh, but had no need to be. We had two big rooms and could not fault it, the breakfasts were huge, the staff very friendly and helpful and the shuttle service meant we easily got into Marrakesh when we wanted to. Staff were also very helpful in assisting with arranging tours and having early breakfasts ready, nothing seemed too much trouble.
Both my sons aged 16 and 12 had a really good time, the place was very tranquil and made a relaxing contrast to the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh. My daughter and I noticed how it felt like a small and friendly hotel, even though people wer emostly there only for a nigth or two, the layout and staff attention ensured a friendly atmosphere.
Well done to Said for recognising which hotel we were most suited to, I felt we had excellent value for money and hope to come back!

Room Tip: We had rooms 12 and 14, 12 has bigger shower and bathroom, both are very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Riad Qodwa is perfect match when looking for well-managed, quiet and lovely place to stay. Fantastic place where you can rest a bit from overcrowded Marrakech ! Saïd's multilingual team made me feel at home from day one. They have helped me with anything i need, from driving me through Marrakech spots (there is a free shuttle included) to advising me (good spots, cutural aspects and excursions...).

Good place, good people, good amenities (pool is huge and clean). I will be back for sure !

Room Tip: Rooms are huge, well furnished (tv, hair dryer...)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here with freinds a few days ago,
Nice surroundings buthe the villa lets itself down, due to things not working , i.e light bulbs not working Had room 1 which was supposed to be the best suite however the shower was always cold with not hot water and the hook was broken. The staff are all lazy and st around all day. they dont clean up untill we tell them. We also went on self catering and found our food and drink going missing, especially the REDBULL The pool was dirty and some had spilt coke as the poolside was sticky I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN AND NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE!!!!

Room Tip: Sleep on the roof terrace this is the cleanest place here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Here I am sort of torn apart by 2 concerns of opposite direction:
the French family running Riad Qodwa is the most kind, service oriented & meeting every guests' need. Moreover the riad is quiet, set in beautiful surroundings family owned establishment;

but the owners have to fix some shortcomings:
- rearrange bathroom shower as it only provides a hair-thin water flow, warm water appearing in 10 minutes time from opening the robinet;
- provide Wi-Fi or other web access (it was indicated as available but it's NOT in reality)
- improve breakfasts;
- replace old TV sets size of postage stamp to normal sized ones;
- improve navigation on their web site & on the road leading to the riad since it's nearly impossible to find;
- improve doorbells so guests do not wait 15 min till owners hear the signal & open the gates.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Qodwa? Share your experiences!