“Superb service lovely Riad” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Laksiba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Laksiba
You added Riad Laksiba to your Saves list
16 (bis 5) Derb Kadi | Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #72 of 1,126 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Superb service lovely Riad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Big thanks to the staff of Riad Laksiba for superb service and a friendly atmosphere!
Our little family enjoyed the stay at Laksiba lovely Riad form the 6-11th of january 2013.
After arriving back to Iceland we still talk about the friendly staff and the fantastic last dinner the staff made for us. Thank you Abdelhamid Bousaadi and Mohamed Kasmaoui for your professional and friendly attitude and serice. We highly recommend this Riad because you guys are grate...and not to forget the the grate women that came to the Riad to cook the unforgettable Moroccan food!..And thank you for recommending the driver/guide Mohisne Boula for the trip to Atlas mountains...he was superb guide and we enjoyed his company as well as the drive in Moroccan nature. We plan to return to Morocco as soon as possible!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SimonRiadLaksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Aslaug,
Thank you for your kind words and taking time to write a Review. I am impressed by the fact that you have mentioned Abdelhamid and Mohamed by their full names. I assume your family and my staff are now "Facebook Friends" ... how wonderful. Marrakech must have offered a stark difference from Reykjavik, Iceland. I am pleased that we managed to accommodate you and your family and do sincerely hope that you get the opportunity to travel and visit again. Love to your family. Simon (Riad Laksiba)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Riad Laksiba (19 – 24 January) and can happily report that the overall experience exceeded expectations. As a light sleeper, easily bothered and kept awake by noise, I needed somewhere quiet enough to hear the ticking of the clock. At the same time I wanted to be within a comfortable stroll of the town centre. Laksiba, at the southern perimeter of the Kasbah checked the box perfectly. The website says that staff are included in the rate. I thought that was an odd thing to say until I could experience incredible and genuine hospitality of the staff. Simon picks his people with great care (including outstanding language skills) and treats them as family members. This high level of consideration is repaid to his guests in so many ways that make the difference between a day spoiled by hassle and one in which you feel the day’s itinerary has gone to plan. Lastly, as a foodie, the quality of the food can make or break a vacation, and here Laksiba was exceptional. Let me put it this way, as a British school child in the 1960s/70s I developed a deep suspicion of prunes. My first meal, classic lamb tajine on my first night at Riad Laksiba, completely converted me to this much maligned fruit! If anyone finds cooking to match Laksiba elsewhere in Marrakech then they will have spent some serious money.
Be sure to follow the link from the website http://riadinmarrakech.com/ and view the short TV documentary on the history of Riad Laksiba.
David B

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David,
I am delighted that... of all things that I introduced you to within Moroccan culture during your visit that "Prunes" got a mention. We thoroughly enjoyed you and Sue's company. It was interesting to get Sue's "Japanese" perspective on Marrakech and I am pleased that Sue felt Riad Laksiba was the best part of her holiday. Hopefully we'll see you both again in the future. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Winniepg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Beautiful experience off the beaten path showcasing the architectural character of old and new. The service was genuinely from the heart of a team of wonderful ambassadors for Marrakech. It's location offers both a peaceful retreat from the buzz of the Medina and a convenient perch to roam the character filled neighbourhood. We would love to return.

Thanks Gary,
You shall be welcome any-time. Best regards Simon. (Riad Laksiba)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

....And most certainly no ordinary guesthouse!
Following glowing reports from my brother and his friends (some of whom are regular Riad Laksiba guests), we stayed here over New Year and loved it, and would highly recommend it. Indeed, having been back only a few days, friends to whom I'd mentioned Riad Laksiba have just booked up.
The impressive service provided by Simon and his team started with the extensive local information volunteered by Simon during our initial correspondence.Thereafter, it continued on our arrival with Abdelhamid meeting us at the station. He, along with Muhammed, Nadia and Naja, was always so friendly and enthusiastic about providing any support and information we needed. Whether we required recommendations on places to eat or a car and driver to take us on a day-trip to the Cascades d'Ouzoud (a must!) the team were always on-hand to help.
The conveniently located riad has been restored with obvious love and immaculate integrity. Staying in such beautiful and tranquil surroundings was both a pleasure and a privilege.
Thank-you all for a truly delightful and memorable experience which I hope to revist one day.

Thanks Skeena,
For your kind words and positive Review. I am so pleased that you arrived on recommendation and Laksiba and your trip lived up to expectation. Delighted to host you again. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have long yearned to spend some time at Riad Laksiba which I discovered by accident when I was trawling through some film footage and discovered Simon's story. Sadly, a trip planned for 2011 had to be postponed but we finally made it there to celebrate the New Year and our experience was just wonderful.

We were met at the airport by the charming and gracious Hamid who waited patiently whilst we exchanged currency (a last-minute demand for dirhams meant that there were none at the UK airport). He then settled us into our room with the minimum of fuss. By then, it was quite late into the evening and we were slightly nervous about our ability to find our way to the centre of the Medina so he and Mohamed (equally as charming and gracious) accompanied us. For us, that gesture set the scene for the rest of our stay - visiting the riad is akin to visiting friends, one instantly feels welcome and at home and that is worth its weight in gold when you visit a culture that is so different from ours.

We loved the way that Simon and his family have renovated the building - the attention to detail, the use of traditional craft, the antiques and the furnishings were all simply beautiful - I can imagine that, in the long summer months, when the courtyard is open to the sky, that it would be even more divine. Breakfasts were amazing, completely different every day and always fresh and healthy. From reading other reviews here, I now wish we had planned to have an evening meal at the Riad. I certainly will do so next time. We did enjoy a couple of nights in however, watching movies and drinking wine - that was lovely. And, we loved the location too. 10-15 minutes walk from the centre of the Medina meant that we were well away from the hustle and bustle of city life so the Riad became our sanctuary - a very welcome sight after a long day.

All in all, Simon and his team gave us an experience to remember and we will definitely, definitely be back!

Room Tip: They are all great. The ones upstairs mean that you can escape, if you want to. The ones on the grou...
Kate,
I take my hat off to you. A great "aide memoir" of you time at Riad Laksiba from arrival onwards. I am so pleased that you finally managed to visit and that it did not disappoint ( having waited nearly 18 months to make the trip). Thanks also for the kind words on your eMail, immediately following your trip and your positive comments regarding our 2013 website ( RiadinMarrakech.com ) I do value your opinions. Hopefully you'll visit again soon. Many kind regards. Simon (Riad Laksiba)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in November and had a brilliant time. The riad was a beautiful place and we were made to feel at home by the lovely staff at the riad, the staff were a great help in organising the trips e.g. Dune buggies and camel rides. The tagine at the riad was the best I have tasted and would highly recommend it to anyone who stays at this riad, the breakfast was also wonderfull (especially the pancakes). The bedrooms were comfortable and spacious and were cleaned on a daily basis. I can't wait to come back to this riad!
Nicola & josh

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nicola and Josh,
Big thanks for taking time to share your experience at Laksiba on TripAdvisor. I do sincerely hope that your title "Can't wait to come back" happens soon for you. Thank you also for your kind comments about the staff. They do read TripAdvisor reviews and always feel proud to be mentioned. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
ilkley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have just got back from a fabulous week in Riad Laksiba which outdid my wildest hopes. I loved the place from the start and we couldn't have had a better place to base ourselves. We arrived to a taxi organised for us and a fabulous meal at the Riad which set the tone for a wonderful week.The weather was wonderful and the"Riad family" were a slick team working to make everything happen !! The breakfast was a huge hit and we loved getting some bits for a p a simple tea after the enormous lunches on town. We easily found our way around, felt very safe and loved watching the world happening around us . The kids had a Christmas to remember as Santa found his way from the Riad roof!! The roof was great for revising teenagers in the sunshine and a respite from the bargaining , as was monopoly Morocco style . Two of our 6 kids had tricky tummys but despite that we still had a fab time. The dune buggies were way better than I expected and I loved our trip out to the Ourika Valley with Splash on Christmas day. The walk up and down to town was my favourite bit of the day. Looking back the whole thing was absolutely brilliant and I will really look forward to coming back if possible. Thanks to all of you for an amazing week.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SimonRiadLaksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Hello Rachel,

It is amazing .... just how Santa manages to circumnavigate the globe and make every effort, not to disappoint children in even the most remote of places. The children had obviously been good, kind and considerate over 2012 and I hope that the gifts that the Elves popped into Santa's sack were not too random! Equally... I am delighted that you found our other Xmas staple.... the "Moroccan" version of Monopoly. Abdelhamid and Mohamed has sent me photo's of the Orange Tree in decoration... another opportunity for a quiet hohoho, to myself. The Splash Team are always a hit with our guests so, a quick thank you on behalf of Andy and the Splash team for flagging a mention. Today it is New Years Day, no doubt the last opportunity to write something about Xmas 2012. Thus Happy Xmas for last week and a huge thanks for such a positive review on our efforts to make your Xmas holiday special. Happy New Year and please do think of us during the warmer seasons to experience another facet of this magical city. Love and Peace (Santa). Best Simon. Riad Laksiba

Been to Riad Laksiba? Share your experiences!