“A home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Laksiba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Laksiba
You added Riad Laksiba to your Saves list
16 (bis 5) Derb Kadi | Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #71 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My experience at riad laksiba was abosolutely perfect, from the moment I booked everything was taken care of by Simon and the rest of the riad laksiba team. I was collected at the aiort by the driver and taken straight to the riad where i was greeted with mint tea and pastries. The room was beautiful with a lovely salon outside the door where each morning I was presented by a platter of breakfast goodies. The location was ideal as it was a perfect retreat from the hussle and bussle of a days adventure. The highlight of the riad was the final evening when I found myself eating beautifully prepared traditional Moroccan (the best we found) food laying on cushions starring up at the stars from the roof terrace.i couldn't recommend this riad more to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you so much. I appreciate that time that you have taken to write feedback from your stay at Riad Laksiba. I am also delighted that you have started making enquiries regarding dates for your return visit. Humbly yours. Simon. Riad Laksiba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

From the moment you are collected from the airport by a member of staff from Laksiba your feel like you are with friends. I was a single mother traveling with my ten year old daughter and our stay in marrakech was possibly one of the best holidays we have ever had. Marrakech is a magnificent place and Laksiba really help you make the most of your adventure. I felt safe and secure at all times and confident that whatever my query or request Laksiba would be there to help. The rooms are comfortable, each with a pleasant seating area to enjoy, so you can be as sociable (or not!) as you choose. The splash pool area is a fabulous place to keep cool in the summer heat. I would encourage travellers to eat at least once at the Riad as the tagines really excelled any other food we found during our stay, and we couldn't resist having one another night. I would really like to thank Simon and his team for a fabulous holiday. I'm sure we will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Holly and Jessica, thank you so much for taking time to write. I am so pleased that Jessica has now elevated Marrakech into her No.1 slot as a holiday destination. Thanks also for praising our home cooking so highly I shall pass on your positive comments to Nadia and Raja. I really appreciate the comments that you shared regarding how safe you felt as a single mum travelling with a 10years old daughter. The area surrounding Riad Laksiba is very laid back and ideal for an interesting wander. The comparison between the Kasbah district and the Main Square may be within minutes of each other but the "karma" difference is measurable. I sincerely hope the Kasbah stays this way as it becomes more and more popular with travellers, tourists, owners and investors. Looking forward to your return trip. Love and Peace. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

From the moment my daughter and I arrived at Riad Laksiba we felt at home. We were welcomed so warmly by Mohamed, Abdelhamid, Nadia and Raja that we settled in immediately, and after some some mint tea went out with Mohamed to buy ingredients for our evening's tagine dinner. We then watched Nadia and Raja prepare it and later enjoyed our three course meal. This was a brilliant and delicious option (£15 per head) for our first night. We were even given a tagine pot to take home!
The riad is beautiful and in the traditional Moroccan style. It is calm and peaceful with many places to lounge, a small pool which was perfect for weary feet and a roof terrace. Our room was comfortable and we liked the wet room.
Either Mohamed or Abdelhamid was always there to help with suggestions, answer our questions and have a chat. Their friendliness really made this riad a very special place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review. The "Eating In" theme seems to be a real hit with reviews and I am delighted that home cooking adds to the cultural enjoyment of so many guests. I am also delighted that you have now successfully used your Tagine Pot in the UK. When we gift out guests a Tagine Pot, I am under the assumption that most collect dust as a souvineer. Well done you two for having a go. If you break it, worry not, come back and visit us and we'll replace it !! See you soon. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had a wonderful stay on a Yoga retreat at Riad Laksiba. It is a magical place and close to everything you need in the Medina. The service was wonderful and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write. Very much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Yoga Holiday. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Having been met by Mohammed the manager at the airport and whisked from the airport in 15 minutes we were welcomed at this beautiful Riad in the medina with mint tea and birthday cake for my husband!!

Nothing was a problem for the staff with Mohammed not only setting us on the right tracks for our exploration but arranging for my husband's shirt to be ironed. The rooms are beautiful with simple but traditional decoration and a huge walk in shower room. Beds are very comfortable.

The Riad is in an excellent position just a few minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of Jemaa el Fna but in a quiet secluded position.

The Riad fridge has a supply of local beer and delicious Moroccan rose wine which accompanies the view of roof tops of the medina at sunset perfectly.

Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff from Simon the proprietor who helped us with advice for all our Moroccan adventures, Mohammed the manager to Nadia the cook. The driver, Hicham, organised by Simon for our travels through the Atlas mountains was excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thanks Nicky, for taking time to write your Review and comments. I am pleased that Steve's 50th Birthday was a sucessful adventure in and around Marrakech. Hopefully we'll see you guys and other family members back at Laksiba soon. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Having been to Marrakech a few years ago and staying just outside the souk. It was a complete pleasure to stay at the Laksiba and a totally different experience. As much as the hustle and bustle of the day add to the whole experience of Marrakech, it was a pleasure to return to the peace tranquility and comfort the Laksiba offered. From our arrival at the airport to our departure, we were given excellent service including wonderful breakfasts each day. We were treated more like friends than guests. Nothing ever being too much trouble. Simon the owner had a great knowledge of Marrakech, places to visit, places to shop and to eat. He always offered excellent recommendations and at times he would escort you there personally. He recommended Le Studio resturant for dinner and I can honestly say it is one of the best meals I have ever had. I would highly recommend the Laksiba for location ,comfort , value for money and the excellent staff . A special thank you to Mohammed, Nadia and Raja for all their help. We would definately choose the Laksiba for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thanks Michael. It was a gas. I am delighted that you enjoyed La Studio so much that you reccommended it to all via TripAdvisor. Thanks also for the onward eMails that you have sent to me. I shall organise for the book, that you enjoyed at Laksiba, to be purchased and shipped back to the UK for you. Look forward to seeing you here again. Best wishes. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Riad Laksiba has a wonderful feel, laid back and authentic, in the Medina and blisfully siituated just out of the main husstle... meaning your walk to the attractions also takes in daily life for the locals - children walking to school, mothers taking their bread to the communal oven, a man repairing bicycles...

Mohamed will welcome you and make sure you have all the info you need to make the most of your stay and Nadia and Raja cook wonderful breakfasts. What's great is you feel so at home you just use the kitchen as you need to.

I was there for a yoga holiday with Tabitha Dean and found it the perfect setting to make lovely new froneds with the rest of the group. Great rooftop for yoga especially with the wonderful sunsets in the evening.

A magical holiday! Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Riad_Laksiba, Owner at Riad Laksiba, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Hello Dawn,

I am delighted that your Tabitha Dean Yoga Holiday was such a sucess for you. Tabitha had mentioned that you guys were a great group, very supportive, quickly bonded and moreover great fun. We hope to see you again on another Yoga Holiday. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is very much appreciated. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba.

Been to Riad Laksiba? Share your experiences!