starting with the postive side:
- the staff was very friendly, polite and helpful
- the Riad was beautifully decorated in warm colours
- we stayed in for a couple of nights in the Suite and one night in a standard room - both rooms were not satisfying
- we payed a lot of money for the Suite. Western price - but no western comfort. Now dont get me wrong. We chose the Riad because we like to have more authenticity + we are willing to scale down our expectations. Because we know that we are traveling into another country and fully respect the differences in standards. But if you - as the owner of the Riad - ask so much money for the room, I think its not acceptable to hang up my clearly visible dirty (!) towel (which I through down on the floor) back to its old place.
There were constructions going on right above our head. The NOISES in the morning were horrible and we couldnt sleep at all. Beside the construction you could hear everything going on around you so clearly. The door slamming, people talking, steps from outside and above your head (because the terrasse for breakfast was just above us). Maybe the noise is an result of the construction of the Riad - but still...no fun when you dont get a good sleep!
There were smells coming from the pipe in the washroom. The shower was (half)blocked & (half) broken. The water swashes on the floor. Far from the -as they called- "luxury massage shower"
Many little things that were annoying (especially when you are in you holliday and want to relax!). We were tired, couldnt sleep and didnt feel comfortable. Not worth its price!!!
- The standard room was even worse. No decoration, very dark, shower kind of gross.
- The breakfast was boring -EVERY day: bread, 2 marmalade, honey, cream cheese, 2pancakes, 1 piece of cake (at least there were great fresh orange juice + the staff was kindly bringing us omelette + tea)
All in all its a nice place to look at and the staff was friendly & polite. BUT no comfort. Its up to you whether you like to enjoy your holliday in comfort or you would give it up for a little pretty decoration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guest houseIn the heart of the Medina, and in the most appreciated street in old Medina of Marrakech ( Sidi Boulokate) discover a quiet, authentic and popular place.Easy access by foot, our riad is ideally situated in the medina to join quickly the famous places of Marrakech : The famous Big square Jamaa El Fna, Koutoubia, the gardens of Majorelle and Menara, the Bahia palaces and El Badia , the medersa Ben Youssef, the museum of Marrakech and the famous souks of Marrakech. You will fall under the charm of our guest house, which by its decoration and its furniture, reflects the art and the Moroccan traditional handcraft. The riad Hamdane was renewed in the pure local tradition and offers comfort.The conviviality of RIAD HAMDANE ET SPA is in fact the ideal place for your holidays in family or between friends. From your arrival, you will warmly be welcomed by Our staff who will indulge to make pleasant your stay in Marrakech by making you discover his culture, the traditions of his country and the Moroccan cooking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Riad Hamdane et SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.