“1001 Delights.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 472 Hotels in Marrakech
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“1001 Delights.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

No Riad could better encapsulate the essence of Marrakech as much as this lovely guesthouse.After only seven days I left a little bit of my heart.Laurent and his team generate effortless warmth and anchorage in the heart of the teeming Medina.The tranquility of the accommodation and the level of attentiveness has been carefully designed to echo characteristic Arabic hospitality providing both comfort and respite from both climate and daily bustle of street life.All food created by Samira is a delight;breakfast is tasty and authentic and set us up for a day's strolling for miles.I also recommend her beautiful evening feasts which demonstrate the huge variety of taste and flavour within Moroccan cuisine.No two Tajine taste the same! For less adventurous or able guests it WOULD be possible to experience this as an "all-inclusive stay";however Laurent is a brilliant ambassador for the town and shares his genuine respect and love for the culture with lots of valuable suggestions as to how to eat well locally or to experience life in a less privileged way. Highlight of my visit was an afternoon spent learning Moroccan embroidery skills with the inspiring Hadiba at a day centre for people with disability located in the heart of the soukhs.As women of all nations do; we laughed,bemoaned our lots,dissed men,ate,drank mint tea and created beauty.Although this was arranged by staff at the Riad amongst a range of activities offered-there was no sales pressure and many of the activities are community enterprises which generate local income.Last but not least a visit to a Hammam is a MUST.Couple sessions are available in the tourist focused spas offering Hammam and massage using lotions and potions with the nicest natural ingredients at prices way below UK rates.

Dear Madam,
I thank you so much for this lovely review, the all team join me to express you once again our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It was a very nice meeting, and sometimes words are not enought to express what you feel. We were very impressed by your understanding of our culture, our city, our handcraft, your interest in visiting places and in meeting people in such a genuine, generous and simple way was extremely appreciated. Samira had a tremendous pleasure in cooking for you and make you discover her homemade, genuine Moroccan cuisine. We can not express how much we did enjoy any single moment that you shared with us, I keep a wonderful and very interesting souvenir of our conversations. Thank you for everything and thank you for you, we feel very privileged that you choose Riad Al Badia and that we have been able to meet you. Please do not change a thing, you are absolutely fabulous. We all hope to be able to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I experienced near royal customer service at this location and look forward to my next visit when I travel to marrakesh. As anyone can expect, Marrakesh can be noisy, crammed, and a little crazy; however, this place delivered a level of zen and the staff went out of there way to ensure a delivery of customer satisfaction that was beyond anything I could have imagined. This place actually had me pondering about opening up my own Riad.

Pros: customer service was excellent. They made you feel at ease and were always willing to help. They constantly offered to take us to the town center by person if we requested. Once we arrived late at night around 9pm and asked if there were any places we could buy fruits for the morning, they immediately sent a runner to the local market to bring us a wide assortment of fruits and vegetables so that we could pick from and to have for breakfast.

Con: The riad can be tricky to find. If you rely on google maps for most of your navigation, you'll find that google maps will drop a pin in the center of a gray area mass and is unable to provide resolution on which alleys and corridors you should navigate to in order to get to the hotel. I suggest finding a local kid or shop owner nearby that can take you there. If you decide on this method, remember to have some change on you as you will be charged a few coins (for tip of course)---remember that cash machines only allow you to withdraw in large denominations so ensure you break up your large bills before asking anyone for help so to avoid the awkward situation where you're trusting the random stranger to bring you correct change.

I decided to stay at this place because I noticed that the proprietor responded to each comment on trip advisor. Definitely a sign of someone who cares.

Room Tip: Know how to get there before you land. Bring small denomination of currency in case you ask someone...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
I thank you for your kind review and the all team join me to thank you for your stay at Riad Al Badia.
It has been a great pleasure for the all team to receive you. Regarding tip, I would recommend instead of looking for local kids, that any future traveler just contact us by e-mail prior to arrival, we can organize our driver to come and collect our guests at the airport for 18 euros, or if our guests prefer to come on their own, we can send clear directions to come to the Riad. This would be easier, GPS technology is not yet there. Thank you again for everything and we all hope to see you again soon. Take good care of both of you.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights and were extremely impressed with the level of service and care taken by the entire team. The Riad itself has a very serene and peaceful feel to it, and which is especially important after a day in the Medina. The room was lovely and clean and the breakfast was delicious. Laurent, Ahmed and the entire team were really exceptional and we can't recommend the place enough. Thanks again for a wonderful stay.
Ben & Shira
Toronto, Canada

Dear Sir
I thank you for this lovely review. Ahmed, Bousta and the all team join me to thank you very much for your star at Riad Al Badia. We all keep a very warm souvenir of your stay among us. We really appreciated your interest in our cultura and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Ahmed left us to get married and went back to his home city but he saw your review and asked me to thank you. Take good care of both of you.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from the Riad Al Badia. We can't praise the staff enough as they were so helpful in every way. We can recommend staying here if you want to be where there there are things to do but to come back and have the peace of a tranquility of the Riad. Will certainly stay here again if we return to the area.

Dear Madam,
I thank you very much for this lovely review. Bousta and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. Your extreme kindness with everyone of us and your smiles everyday were much appreciated. It has been a pure delight for the all team meeting you and receiving you and we all hope to have the pleasure of receiving you again soon. Take good care of both of you.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Our stay at the Riad Al Badia was quite exceptional. Upon arrival we were greeted by Laurent and his team who are all perfect hosts. After an overview of the area we were shown to the main square so as not to get lost!

The Riad is a beautiful oasis of calm away from the maddening crowd of the Medina. It is so quiet we slept for 9 hours!!

Breakfast provided was a great start to the day. We were celebrating two birthdays during our stay and the staff made sure the days were memorable!!

We would definitely recommended staying at this lovely Riad.

Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review, Bousta and his all team join me to express you both our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. We felt very honored that you choose Riad Al Badia to celebrate your two birthdays. We all keep a very warm souvenir of your stay at Riad Al Badia, your smiles everyday, your sense of humour, your kindness, your interest in our culture were very much appreciated. Thank you again for everything and hopefully 2014 will bring you back to Marrakech ! Take good care of both of you.
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had an excellent stay at Riad Al Badia at the beginning of January 2014. My wife had planned the trip as a suprise for my 30th birthday. When making the booking, Laurent was always prompt with his reponses and was always extremely helpful.

On arriving at the riad, we were welcomed by the softly spoken Ahmed who immediately put us at ease. We were served mint tea and cakes before being shown to our beautiful room. We had the room just off the roof terrace which was gorgeous.

Nothing was too much trouble during our stay - Laurent showed us how to make mint tea, Rachid boiled water for my wife's hot bottle each night, and Bousta took us to the centre of Marrakech on our first day to orientate us.

Riad Al Badia is excellently placed in the south of the old town, the Medina. The main square Jemaa El Fna is a 15 minute walk north, and two palaces are within a short 5 minute walk. There are plenty of street markets, shops, squares and restaurants in the surrounding area.

We ate at the riad for two of the three nights and the food was fantastic. The recommendation by the riad for the third night was also great. We opted to have breakfast on the roof terrace twice and again this was no problem.

We would definitely stay here again and cannot recommend the staff highly enough. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Dear Sir,
I thank you for your very kind review, Ahmed, Bousta and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It has been a pure delight for the all team, right from the first mails, organizing your surprise trip for your birthday, until the moment you left the Riad. The all team remember your extreme kindness, your smiles everyday and your interest in our cuisine. Thank you so much for everything you gave us and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The fiancé and I stayed here toward the beginning of December 2013. This riad is located a short walk from the main square and its super easy to find once you get the hang of it. We were greeted by a staff and given mint tea and time to relax as we arrived in the evening. We were given our room and a tour of the riad. The riad was beautifully decorated with fresh roses everywhere. Our room was downstairs next to the dining area. It was clean and had all of the essential toiletries (even a hair dryer). The beds were comfy and towels were provided. Breakfast was the standard Moroccan breakfast, plenty of tea, coffee, and breads. The riad arranged for a taxi transfer to the airport upon our departure (pricey but worth it). Overall I would recommend this riad and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Madam,
I thank you so much for your lovely review. Ahmed, Bousta and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. We keep a very warm souvenir of your stay at Riad Al Badia. I do not believe that airport transfers are pricey, especially on arrival when I do believe it is far easier than trying to come on your own in such a different country, 18 euros, often guests commented us they did pay around 200 dhs which is an equivalent of 18 euros and then had to look for the riad, lost their way a bit had to add 20 to 30 dhs for the young people that finally show them the way to come to the riad, at the end you loose time and it costs around 20 to 22 euros instead of 18 euros with our driver, waiting for you at the airport, drives you in a more comfortable car than a taxi, helps with your luggage and accompanies you to the door of the Riad. I agree it does worth it and once again I do recommend any future traveler, coming to Marrakech on first time to contact us ahead and organize an airport transfer, will be easier and cheaper. Thank you for the opportunity to remind this point and for everything you gave us during your stay. We all wish you a fantastic New year 2014, full of success and prosperity and hopefully this new year will bring you back to Marrakech. Take good care of both of you .

Been to Riad Al Badia? Share your experiences!