“Absolute Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London
“Absolute Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights/4 days at the Riad Al Badia. We chose this Riad from TripAdvisor reviews and I can honestly say that, from booking 8 weeks prior to our holiday until the minute we left, we felt extremely privileged and thoroughly spoilt by Laurent and the whole team at Riad Al Badia. Laurent is the nicest and most helpful person you are ever going to meet. He insists that you are staying at "home" and makes your whole experience truly exceptional. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary and loved every minute off it. From the rooms, meals, hospitality, cleanliness, proximity to all the main attractions in Marrakech, you really are at the ideal location. Laurent organised everything for us which included the traditional Hammams at the local spa, quad biking, trekking in Ourika Valley, having fantastic meals at wonderful restaurants (Pepe Nero restaurant is amazing) and providing intricate directions to all locations. If you want a truly memorable and fantastic experience of Marrakech, Riad Al Badia offers you the perfect holiday. Highly recommended. Only downside was that we only stayed for 4 days!!! Thank you Laurent and all at Riad Al Badia for making our 10 year anniversary absolute perfection.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Sir,
I thank you so much for this lovely review, Ahmed and his all team join me once again to express you our heartfelt gratitude, we felt truly privileged to receive you to celebrate this important wedding anniversary. Your extreme kindness with everyone of us, your enthusiasm, your smiles and happiness were a pure delight. Thank you so for everything you gave us, this was a lot. You are definitely home at Riad Al Badia and we all hope to be able to receive you again maybe with the children next time ? We wish you all the best for next the coming years, so far it seems to go perfectly well so do not change a thing, you are both fabulous. Once again a huge thank you for this truly beautiful meeting and take good care of both of you and of your little family.

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at Riad al Badia for 6 nights recently with my boyfriend and I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable weeks I could have possibly had.

We booked after reading excellent reviews on tripadvisor, in particular those that commented on the brilliant hospitality. We were not disappointed. Having flown into Agadir due to the closure of Marrakech airport, we finally arrived at Marrakech 2 hours late and were promptly picked up by our taxi driver who had left his dinner as soon as Laurent had called letting him know we had finally arrived!

Despite our late arrival we were warmly welcomed with delicious mint tea (certainly the best we had in our whole time in Marrakech) and yummy Moroccan pastries. Laurent showed us round the riad which was simply beautiful before we were served up a three course meal that was scrumptious!

Although being a young student couple we were looked after as any other guest would have been and we felt extremely safe - on our first morning one of the staff (whose name i have completely forgotten but whom was lovely!) gave us a map and gave us all the information we needed to navigate our way around the city.

Breakfast was delicious - all fresh and the homemade yoghurt was certainly the highlight.
Our room was spotless and beautifully decked out.

We booked through Laurent a trip into the Atlas mountains which was one of the highlights of our stay (see other review on 4x4 camel) and on our return to the riad we stayed in a different double room. The air con wasn't working properly and although cold it wasn't as cold as we would have liked. On telling the staff, reasonably late at night, we were promptly given a fan for the room and received numerous apologies! The next day by the time we returned from our morning out in the city, someone had already been in and fixed the system - excellent service!

All the staff were exceptional - we were always greeted with a smile and nothing was ever too much hassle. We loved returning to the peace and quiet of the riad.

I would highly recommend Riad al Badia for the delicious food, warm hospitality and beautiful decor - we had the best time ever. Thank you Laurent and all your wonderful staff - we will certainly return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Madam,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review. Ahmed the Riad Manager (who spent time with you on the map) and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for this stay at Riad Al Badia. We all keep a very fresh souvenir of your stay at Riad Al Badia during this week and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. We all wish you all the best and keep on going this way, you are both fabulous and you both have a great future to come. Take good care of both of you.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I don't often write reviews on Tripadvisor but I was compelled to after staying at Riad Al Badia. Service is what defines this riad. From the initial booking right to the end of the stay we were continually surprised by the small touches that make all the difference when travelling. Laurent and his team consistently exceeded our expectations.

Imagine a place where the manager takes an hour to familiarize you with the city map and different things to see, then takes the time to actually walk you into the city showing you landmarks and how to navigate the sometimes confusing medina streets back to the riad (which by the way is really easy to find after the first time - definitely recommend taking their driver from the airport as I'm not sure how much time we would have wasted trying to find it on our own).

There was no request big or small that the team could not handle, whether it was finding a SIM card for our phone, making reservations for various trips and restaurants, recommending and booking an amazing hamman experience, or simply having a conversation in the lobby of the riad.

The service was everything that you would get in a 5 star hotel here in Canada except it felt much more genuine almost like you were part of their family. Even upon leaving for the airport the team walked with us to the car to say our goodbyes and Laurent made us promise to email to let him know we got home safely.

Thanks Laurent and the entire riad team for a job well done. I hope to see you all again in the future.

Brock

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
I thank you so much for your lovely review, for your stay at Riad Al Badia, for this very pleasant meeting you offered us coming staying with us, your interest in Marrakech and South of Morocco and the Sahara Desert were much appreciated and I was very touched that you took time prior to your arrival to investigate on litterature on Morocco to prepare your trip. It was such a pleasure for the all team to receive you both, your extreme kindness and enthusiasm will remain in memories. So thank you again from the all team for everything you gave us and we definitely hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech! Looked after so well and the staff were all brilliant. Loved the breakfasts, the sun terrace, the outdoor shower and especially the plunge pool which really helped with cooling down. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor were extremely quiet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
I thank you from the deepest of my heart for this lovely review. Ahmed and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. Your interest in Marrakech, Morocco, our way of life were much appreciated. Thank you for everything and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Take good care of you.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I chose this riad on the strength of the posts I read, and I'm very pleased to have stayed here. The staff are universally nice, very helpful, pleasant and keen to help. I had a grump after I was moved to a smaller room after my first night, but that was because I hadn't been told that I had been upgraded the first night, because the room I'd booked was occupied. So I wasn't pleased to be downgraded without explanation.

The room I ended up in was fine, though really small - a couple of feet either side and at the end of the double bed, and that was it. The bathroom was laughably small - barely 18 inches between the sink and the little swing doors, and you had to keep closing and opening them in order to go left to the shower or right to the loo. Not great, but I got used to it.

It's very clean and pleasant, with a nice little terrace and a lovely courtyard with a plunge pool, which was blessed relief from 47 degree heat.

A couple of niggles: the wifi needs boosting, as it only works in the courtyard, so I had to keep going up and down two flights of stairs to send and receive emails. And the towels on the sun terrace were never changed, so every day I could see that I was lying on the yellowed dried sweat and suntan lotion of previous sunbathers.

But these are small quibbles and the riad is otherwise a great place at a good price, with a decent breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice and the best vanilla yoghurt I've ever tasted. And it's all well away from the awfulness of Jamaa al Fna.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for this useful review and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It was a great pleasure to receive you and get your feedback.
I am pleased to inform you that after nearly 4 months testing, investingating, thinking to new solution, WIFI is back to work in the all Riad, including the terrace and the standard rooms located on the terrace. I just would like to clarify aswell the towel matter, as you noticed and said, Riad Al Badia is very clean and I can guarantee you that the all staff is really involved on a daily basis to maintain it. We can miss something, we are working everyday not to, but it could happen. For the experience you had with the white towels on the sun terrace are changed when they have been used. The « yellow » you could see on some towels is not coming from previous sunbather’s suntan lotion, but these towels are dedicated to the terraces and spend the all days long exposed to the sun, and at 45° - 47°, the color of towels, carpets can be affected and this is what happens to these towels. We understand now the suspicion this can create and we will look at them even better. Once again the all team keep a very warm souvenir of your stay at Riad Al Badia and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Take good care of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went during July and temperatures in Marrakech were over 40 degrees but this didn't have any negative impact on our visit (and made us appreciate the Riad even more). The Riad is a bit hard to find when first arriving so make sure you know a couple of the roads near it (or print out a map). When we got in, we were offered Mint tea, snacks and our luggage taken to our room. We stayed in the smallest room on the terrace which although small, was perfectly adequate. The shower was nice (and warm if needed), the breakfast was very nice and fresh and the air con worked like a treat. We took ours on the terrace and can recommend doing so, albeit a bit earlier in the morning to avoid the 9am heat.

After trekking, we were both in a lot of pain so walking up and down the stairs was painful (and there is no lift) but the staff were happy taking our luggage up and down the riad. For dinner, they recommended a couple of places at Djmaa el Fnaa which were pretty good. They also recommended a great little Spa "Les Bains de Marrakech" which was about £30 for an hour's massage and then use of facilities. The terrace was nice to relax on in the mornings where staff laid out fresh towels and straw hats.

The price was very reasonable for the quality of the Riad. Wonderful experience to stay in Al Badia and I'd recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace are very small but good and they can make it a twin or double. Ask for a late c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for your very kind review. We are all pleased that you could enjoy Marrakech in such a short time and experienced Riad Al Badia and our selected partners. We all would like to thank you for your stay with us and for having chosen Riad Al Badia to relax and recover after trekking, it has been a pure delight for the all team. We all hope to see you again in the nearest future and we wish you all the best. Take good care of both of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I spent 5 nights last week at this Riad and could not have asked for more. Laurent certainly knows customer service and the staff have taken it all on board. The place was very clean and the food excellent. The staff were wonderful and could not help enough from breakfast when you wanted, an evening meal at your time of choosing, explaining the maps, walking you to the square, ordering taxis and sorting out trips and restaurant reservations. As 2 women we both felt very safe and I would certainly travel on my own and stay here. Do not hesitate to book in here.
A tip get your spices from the Jewish market!!!
Please thank all staff from Colette and Marilyn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ladies,
I thank you very much for your lovely review. Ahmed and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. Samira was that pleased to cook for you and make you discover the home made traditional Moroccan Cuisine. We all keep a very fresh souvenir of your stay with us and your fine sense of humour. As two women, as single woman, you will always be more than welcome in Marrakech and at Riad Al Badia. We all hope to see you both again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.

Been to Riad Al Badia? Share your experiences!