“Recent stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Derb Ahl Souss, Marrakech 40040, Morocco   |
Ranked #26 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
“Recent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech! Looked after so well and the staff were all brilliant. Loved the breakfasts, the sun terrace, the outdoor shower and especially the plunge pool which really helped with cooling down. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor were extremely quiet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
I thank you from the deepest of my heart for this lovely review. Ahmed and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. Your interest in Marrakech, Morocco, our way of life were much appreciated. Thank you for everything and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Take good care of you.

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I chose this riad on the strength of the posts I read, and I'm very pleased to have stayed here. The staff are universally nice, very helpful, pleasant and keen to help. I had a grump after I was moved to a smaller room after my first night, but that was because I hadn't been told that I had been upgraded the first night, because the room I'd booked was occupied. So I wasn't pleased to be downgraded without explanation.

The room I ended up in was fine, though really small - a couple of feet either side and at the end of the double bed, and that was it. The bathroom was laughably small - barely 18 inches between the sink and the little swing doors, and you had to keep closing and opening them in order to go left to the shower or right to the loo. Not great, but I got used to it.

It's very clean and pleasant, with a nice little terrace and a lovely courtyard with a plunge pool, which was blessed relief from 47 degree heat.

A couple of niggles: the wifi needs boosting, as it only works in the courtyard, so I had to keep going up and down two flights of stairs to send and receive emails. And the towels on the sun terrace were never changed, so every day I could see that I was lying on the yellowed dried sweat and suntan lotion of previous sunbathers.

But these are small quibbles and the riad is otherwise a great place at a good price, with a decent breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice and the best vanilla yoghurt I've ever tasted. And it's all well away from the awfulness of Jamaa al Fna.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for this useful review and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It was a great pleasure to receive you and get your feedback.
I am pleased to inform you that after nearly 4 months testing, investingating, thinking to new solution, WIFI is back to work in the all Riad, including the terrace and the standard rooms located on the terrace. I just would like to clarify aswell the towel matter, as you noticed and said, Riad Al Badia is very clean and I can guarantee you that the all staff is really involved on a daily basis to maintain it. We can miss something, we are working everyday not to, but it could happen. For the experience you had with the white towels on the sun terrace are changed when they have been used. The « yellow » you could see on some towels is not coming from previous sunbather’s suntan lotion, but these towels are dedicated to the terraces and spend the all days long exposed to the sun, and at 45° - 47°, the color of towels, carpets can be affected and this is what happens to these towels. We understand now the suspicion this can create and we will look at them even better. Once again the all team keep a very warm souvenir of your stay at Riad Al Badia and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Take good care of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went during July and temperatures in Marrakech were over 40 degrees but this didn't have any negative impact on our visit (and made us appreciate the Riad even more). The Riad is a bit hard to find when first arriving so make sure you know a couple of the roads near it (or print out a map). When we got in, we were offered Mint tea, snacks and our luggage taken to our room. We stayed in the smallest room on the terrace which although small, was perfectly adequate. The shower was nice (and warm if needed), the breakfast was very nice and fresh and the air con worked like a treat. We took ours on the terrace and can recommend doing so, albeit a bit earlier in the morning to avoid the 9am heat.

After trekking, we were both in a lot of pain so walking up and down the stairs was painful (and there is no lift) but the staff were happy taking our luggage up and down the riad. For dinner, they recommended a couple of places at Djmaa el Fnaa which were pretty good. They also recommended a great little Spa "Les Bains de Marrakech" which was about £30 for an hour's massage and then use of facilities. The terrace was nice to relax on in the mornings where staff laid out fresh towels and straw hats.

The price was very reasonable for the quality of the Riad. Wonderful experience to stay in Al Badia and I'd recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace are very small but good and they can make it a twin or double. Ask for a late c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for your very kind review. We are all pleased that you could enjoy Marrakech in such a short time and experienced Riad Al Badia and our selected partners. We all would like to thank you for your stay with us and for having chosen Riad Al Badia to relax and recover after trekking, it has been a pure delight for the all team. We all hope to see you again in the nearest future and we wish you all the best. Take good care of both of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I spent 5 nights last week at this Riad and could not have asked for more. Laurent certainly knows customer service and the staff have taken it all on board. The place was very clean and the food excellent. The staff were wonderful and could not help enough from breakfast when you wanted, an evening meal at your time of choosing, explaining the maps, walking you to the square, ordering taxis and sorting out trips and restaurant reservations. As 2 women we both felt very safe and I would certainly travel on my own and stay here. Do not hesitate to book in here.
A tip get your spices from the Jewish market!!!
Please thank all staff from Colette and Marilyn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ladies,
I thank you very much for your lovely review. Ahmed and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. Samira was that pleased to cook for you and make you discover the home made traditional Moroccan Cuisine. We all keep a very fresh souvenir of your stay with us and your fine sense of humour. As two women, as single woman, you will always be more than welcome in Marrakech and at Riad Al Badia. We all hope to see you both again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you arrive to this Wonderful Riad you know your stay is going to be perfect. Every little detail has been thought of, and the staff are the most kind, courteous and extremely helpful that I have ever found in a small hotel. You are instantly made to feel like it is your home. I ask that you do at least stay for an evening meal to sample true Moroccan hospitality and delicious home cooked food made by Samira, the most amazing cook.
All the staff, Samira, Amal, Hanane, Fatima, Daidda, Noureddine and Ahmed all worked so hard in making our stay so fantastic. We could not go without giving a big special thank you to Laurent, the Riad Manager, what an amazing person, he will stay in our hearts for a lifetime. If only every holiday destination had a Laurent. Thank you all once again for making us feel so welcome and hopefully we will see you all again one day.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,
I thank you from the deepest of my heart for your lovely review. It was once again one of these meetings that goes over words. We did enjoy every moment while you were at the Riad. Your extreme kindness, your sense of humor, your happiness, your interest in our culture and your interest in discovery the true home made Moroccan Cuisine from Samira was just a delight. Samira enjoyed very much making you discover the traditional cuisine that you will not find always in restaurants and got inspired everyday at the market for you. We keep a very fresh souvenir of your stay at Riad Al Badia, your are home here, you know it, so we hope to have the pleasure of receiving you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at Riad Al Badia for a couple of nights in June and it was absolutely perfect. Laurent and his team were incredibly helpful before we had even arrived - arranging airport transfers and transport to and from Essaouira for us.
On our arrival, we were welcomed with delicious mint tea and a tour of the Riad. We were then given a thorough introduction to Marrakesh and fantastic tips on where to visit during our stay.
The food in the Riad was wonderful - the best tagine we had all holiday!
Our room was impeccably clean and beautifully decorated.
I could not recommend this Riad more! Thank you to Laurent and his team for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ladies,
I thank you so much for your kind review. We are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Riad Al Badia and it was a pleasure for us to organize your stay before your arrival, a short mail and this is very easy for us to organize your transfers, train or bus tickets, that was just nothing. We keep a very dynamic and fresh souvenir of your stay among us, your kindness with everyone of us was greatly appreciated. We all hope to be able to receive you again at some stage at Riad Al Badia. Take good care of all of you.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I will not belabor all the great things that have already been written on Tripadvisor about the Riad al Badia. They are all true. What I want to share with the readers is a specific example of how the staff at the Riad exceeded our expectations for customer service.

Because of a general strike in Portugal where we were prior to going to Marrakech, we had to be rerouted and our luggage did not arrive with us. Upon checking into the Riad al Badia, Laurent (the manager) assured us that he would take care of the matter. I don't know how many calls he made but I do know he went to the airport at least twice to find out the status of our luggage. And the day after we arrived, he triumphantly brought the luggage to our room. Not once did I have to make a call to the airline or check the airline website regarding our lost luggage.

We are not in the habit of losing our luggage so I cannot say what other residence managers would do in a similar situation, but as far as I am concerned, this was an example of customer service of the highest level. And it is indicative of how well you will.be treated by Laurent and his staff.

So if you are going to Marrakech, for the cultural experience, the comfort and convenience, consider a stay at a Riad. And if you decide on a stay at a Riad, strongly consider a stay at the Riad al .Badia. You will be glad you did. And if you do go, have a home-cooked dinner at the Riad and always drink the mint tea they bring out for guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, dear Sir,
I thank you for much for such a lovely review that went straight to my heart. Ahmed and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia, i twas a pure delight to receive you and no trouble to chase for your luggage. It was a pure delight all of us to receive you these few days at Riad Al Badia and share all these moments with you. Your interest in our culture, your extreme kindness, your patience and your smiles everyday were greatly appreciated. This was a very nice meeting and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future at Riad Al Badia. Take good care of both of you.

Been to Riad Al Badia? Share your experiences!