“What a lovely welcome to Morocco!” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Al Badia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Derb Ahl Souss, Marrakech 40040, Morocco   |
Ranked #23 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Geneva, Switzerland
“What a lovely welcome to Morocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The intimate Riad Al Badia in Marrakech was the perfect welcome to Morocco. The owner and staff are above and beyond helpful. Our rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean and had the most comfortable beds of any hotel on our trip. The riad is very quiet and tranquil, and has a lovely view over the city from its rooftop where we were served a delicious breakfast. We very much appreciated the time the staff took on our first evening to escort us to a (very good) local restaurant booked for dinner, rather than just leaving us to wander about in the dark and get lost! The Riad is well located and an easy walk to main square and market.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hospitality shown by Laurent, Ahmed and all the staff at the Riad Al Badia was truly amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and Laurent gave us the confidence to make the most of our stay in Marrakech. Our room was lovely, the food was excellent and the Riad beautifully decorated to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere. We would not hesitate to recommend a stay at this delightful Riad in a great location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

If you've read the previous reviews, you will have understood by now that Laurent and his team are amazing - but it's worth repeating. The Riad itself is lovely, a real oasis in the hustle bustle of the Medina. the time and trouble that Laurent takes to make sure that you get your bearings, find the amazing palaces, tombs, parks and other fabulous sites really made our visit. We were only in Marakech for 5 days, but with his help and guidance, we certainly made the most of it. Dine at least once in the restaurant - Semia's (I hope I have spelled that correctly) food is amazing ,and she is really generous with her recipes (we've tried the courgette salad already). Don't stay anywhere else in Marrakech!
Adam and Heather - Stayed December 2011

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Our stay at Riad Al Badia was a highlight of our trip. It is well-located on the edge of the medina. As others have said, Laurent and his staff really go out of their way to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. Laurent was infinitely helpful with everything from directions to restaurant recommendations. The Riad itself is beautifully decorated and a welcome oasis from the chaos that is Marrakech. We stayed in the standard category room which is located on the third floor terrace. The room offered plenty of space and we felt quite comfortable there. I can only imagine the suites are spectacular. We were particularly touched by the night watch person, Ahmed. His command is the English language is still developing but despite this, every night when we came home after quickly opening the door for us, he went out of his way to talk to us about our day and our experiences.

There are many excellently reviewed Riads in Marrakech. Believe me, I read almost all of them before booking here. That said, should I return to Marrakech in the future, I would definitely look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We had a wonderful stay, the staff were all very, very helpful. The room was lovely. A real gem.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Laurent and his team are the warmest hosts I've encountered in a long while. Rooms are clean and you're in the heart of the Medina (location-wise excellent). But what takes this Riad from good to great is the service. The staff, esp Laurent, go out of their way to help you. Honest and warm.
I read about his hospitality before deciding and it's only right I recommend on forward.
It may only equal the best Riads in the Medina but surpasses them when it comes to service. Laurent went out of his way on several occasions to make it just that little bit better.
No brainer. And I'm quite picky.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have been lucky enough to travel to many amazing places however this is the first time I have reviewed a hotel on trip advisor. I am not a fan of Trip Advisor however I did use it when looking into where I should stay in Marrakech as I was finding it a real minefield and struggling with all of the options, so I hope this will help others who are in the same situation.

The Riad Al Badia completely made our stay and from the moment we stepped into the oasis of the Riad we were made to feel very special. We arrived late in the evening and from the outset Laurent the manager made sure we were comfortable and in the morning spent the best part of an hour walking us over the map of Marrakech, helping us figure out what we needed to see and do in the time we had. Then to our amazement, on our 1st foray out of the Riad, Laurent and Yusuf walked with us until we were comfortable with our surroundings and made sure we could find our way back to the Riad.

The Riad Itself is lovely. I did not look in any other Riads but I can't think of a better example of a Moroccan Riad. The rooms were extremely comfortable, clean and decorated in beautiful Moroccan styles and colours. The breakfasts were fantastic, everything being homemade , including the best yogurt I have ever tasted..seriously good.

We believed the Location was brilliant. It is a 10 minuet (easy) walk to the Main Square but you are in a quieter area, which is just what we needed after days getting lost in the souks.

It was however the service of this Riad that made our stay so special. Nothing was to much and no question lay unanswered. When we asked for restaurant recommendations we were not just offered the more expensive options closer to the Riad but also some fantastic local options which turned out to be fantastic.

This Riad was a treat for me and my wife but I have to say that it is one of those few places that is absolutely worth every penny.

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace are smaller (but you pay less)