“Perfect Honeymoon at Peacock Pavilions” 5 of 5 stars

Peacock Pavilions
Kilometer 13, Route de Ourzazate, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #63 of 1,031 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Honeymoon at Peacock Pavilions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Peacock Pavilions for our honeymoon when they first opened. Maryam and Chris have designed a beautiful layout and couldn't have been more welcoming. Our room was so beautifully decorated with all the modern amenities. We also had a private living room that opened out on to the pool. Maryam and Chris planned activities that we wanted to do (dinners, medina tour, a trip to Essouria) for us and had staff drive us in and out of the city. They brought us homemade breakfasts in the morning and any treats we asked for. I loved that the place was on the outskirts of Marrakech so we could get away from the hustle and bustle, but still hear the call to prayer everyday.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Peacock Pavillions is itself an oasis. Located just outside the city this peaceful place is a real find. From the moment you walk through the expansive handcarved doors, you are greeted by the friendliest and warmest people there to make your stay as comfortable and amazing as possible. Situated on an 9 acre producing olive orchard, Peacock Pavillions atmosphere is as welcoming as it's staff. The marvelously decorated pavillions lay at the edge of the infinity pool, that beckons you for a cool dip.
Each room in the pavillons are different from the rest, all unique in decor and one of a kind collected art. The Proprietress, Miss Maryam, is happy to tell you the history and importance of this treasures, and I found that most fascinating. Each room has an en suite private bath with all the amenities of any five star western hotel. The beds are soft, clean and comfortable, and if you are lucky enough like myself , you may have a room with a rooftop terrace to watch the amazing sunsets of Marrekech. The food was incredible, served in a traditional moroccan tent, and wine tasting night was a treat. I highly recommend staying at the Peacock Pavillions while in Marrekech, I am already planning my next stay!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Peacock Pavilions is a fabulous spot just a short distance outside of the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh. I loved staying here because it is beautifully designed, unique and very, very comfortable. After a busy and exhausting day in the souks, I loved being able to return to the calmness of Peacock Pavilions. The roses, olive trees, roof top terraces and luxurious rooms surpassed all my expectations and I am one picky traveler!

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

This was quite simply one of the best places I have stayed in. The staff were wonderful and the care and attention from Chris and Myriam welcome and gracious - quite unlike you would ever experience in a hotel. Peacock Pavilions is beautifully designed and wonderfully decorated, the views incredible, the food beautifully prepared and a delight on the tongue. The attention from the staff was measured and perfect - entirely available and with a smile and genuine care. We all enjoyed our stay immensely and would have happily spent another week or two (or more!).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Upon arrival at Peacock Pavilions I felt as though I had woken up into one of my most beautiful dreams. All of the rooms are fit for Elle Decor royalty. The food was divinity and plentiful! The journey is entirely up to you. We chose to do Henna on the rooftop, a cooking class, dance meditation, and visit the Peacocks Maurice and Lulu. Others chose to relax by the pool, and shop in the souks nearby. To experience this place is an honor and a blessing! I'm counting the days until I can go back again because there truly is no other place in the world as fabulous, magical, and comforting as Peacock Pavilions.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Maryam and Chris have put their hearts and soul into this place and they make you feel as though you are a most welcome addition to their family the whole tiime you are there. Everything there is designed to spoil and inspire you: the architecture, the views, the natural beauty, the decor, the food. You won't have one sense that won't be delighted. Marrakech is one of my favorite places on earth and Peacock Paviions is a great starting point from which to explore it. I can't wait to return!

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I chose Peacock Pavilions for the style. Each room was rich in color and world-class luxury, treating us to a fantastic immersion into Marrakech. Our room exhibited the most beautiful stenciling. From the rooftop, we could watch the sunset behind the Atlas mountains while hearing the call to prayer go out from neighboring minarets. While on the ground, we could relax beneath ages-old olive trees by the pool. I left Morocco believing I could have never left Peacock Pavilions yet still experienced all of the beauty of Marrakech. Indeed, this was the perfect honeymoon and the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Peacock Pavilions? Share your experiences!