“1001 Nacht” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 1,032 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“1001 Nacht”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The peacock pavillions are beautiful. You are taken care of perfectly by the welcoming owners as well as the highly professional staff. The food is balanced, freshly prepared and made with love. I am a total food geek and I am rarely really happy about my food when I travel. As in the surroundings there is attention to detail in everything. The rooms are all decorated individually and every object has a story that the owner is happy to share with you. The bathrooms are equally functional and beautiful. It was too cold to use the pool during our stay in february. It is perfectly located between the olive trees of the property. Since it was cold the fireplace was lit and we had hot water bottles waiting in our beds in the evening. I finish by mentioning a fantastic outdoor cinema. My only minus and this is purely personal was my bad conscience of sleeping in such a protected and cosy place after seeing a lot of poverty outside of it. But then again the luxury was totally appreciated...I HIGHLY recommend this place!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
sydney australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the end of two weeks travelling in Turkey. We had 6 unforgettable nights here...It is just beyond decryption. It was the perfect place to stay after the craziness of the days wandering in the medina and souks...you forgot where you were. It just felt like paradise - and one you felt at home in.
Maryam's decorating is so beautiful...it is just one of thos places you want to sit and look at everything around you. Her eye for detail is amazing. It has inspired me and energized me and makes me want to have a bit of Moroccan Style in Sydney.
Chris her husband was so helpful and kind, and their kids are so adorable. Michelle was so attentive to every detail of our days there...with private vans, to tours in the Berbere Villages (a must)
We stayed in the Medina Pavillion but also saw the Atlas Pavillion - both are just too pretty for words.
Since we were there in January we saw the Atlas Mountains snow covered...could see from the house - just breathtaking.
There is really too much to write. I kinda dont want to share this one because it is so magical....I could write forever about the lovely tent we got to eat our beautiful dinners in - THE best cooking!!! and every night a gorgeous table setting, the cocktails in the main house, the afternoon teas, the sweetest kittens running amuck, yummy brekkies, the comfiest beds...and all the attention to detail from all of the staff.....
Makes me sad that its so far away....because I wish we could go back!

Room Tip: Every pavillion has the most divine rooms you have ever seen.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rabat, El Kelaa des Srarhna, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our stay at Peacock Pavillions was starstruck; eyes traveling over textures to find new treasures of art and craft at every turn. PP is an ode to what pleases the eye, to the forms, colors and textures that caress the soul so. We spent three dreamy days at PP, distilling the subtle flavors of the kitchen and letting the beauty sink in. Attentiveness and warmth of the staff completed the protrait. A dream place.

Room Tip: discover them all! they are all unique --
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh Peacock Pavilion was a quiet oasis of beauty and calm. It's a décor lovers dream and the food prepared using herbs and veggies from their garden was absolutely delicious.We loved relaxing by the pool and walking around the property amongst olive groves - I'd recommend this for the end of your travels if you are in Morocco for a while - it's lovely just to be quiet and relax on the beautiful property. Maryam is also super helpful when it comes to shopping tips!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had such a wonderful three day stay at Peacock Pavillions. I felt like I was staying at the private villa of a good friend. Alexia and Michelle attended to our every need. Maryam took time out of her very busy schedule to map out a custom shopping excursion. It is well staffed, spacious, clean and beautifully designed. It was a wonderful treat to have an entire Pavillion to ourselves and have a delicious private dinner in the living area with the fire roaring. My children had such fun swimming in the stunning pool and playing on the trampoline. Perfect spot for families.

I could go on and on. Sufficed to say you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with friends or family, just rent an entire Pavillion. It is worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mission Woods, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here as part of a yoga retreat, and it far exceeded my expectations. The experience was like staying with good friends. Maryam and Chris were spectacular, gracious hosts and very engaging. The staff, especially Michelle, was focused on making our stay a glorious experience. Thank you to you all for a wonderful vacation!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Provo, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Peacock Pavilions is completely unique to any other place I've stayed while on vacation. The décor is as fascinating as a visit to the museum but somehow manages to also accomplish a feeling of comfort and relaxation. The food at Peacock Pavilions was better than any I had throughout my whole trip. I felt very safe during my stay and the property is so beautiful and private. The staff was extremely friendly, informative and reliable. I hosted a creative retreat here with a group of 12 people and everyone absolutely loved it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Peacock Pavilions? Share your experiences!