“Always great to visit again!” 5 of 5 stars

Peacock Pavilions
Kilometer 13, Route de Ourzazate, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #25 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Always great to visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my fourth time staying at Peacock Pavilions and it's always a pleasure each time I get to visit! It always feels like you're part family, part king/queen when you stay here - from the warmth of the hospitality to the smallest detail taken care of for you. This September's stay with the group from EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga Retreats was such an enjoyable time - from hours just lounging by the pool being served Moroccan mint tea and fresh cookies - to amazing dinners in the magical dining tent. Yoga in the mornings and evenings looking at the sunrise/set in the olive grove was always such a nice experience. Plus, the staff is beyond helpful in making sure needs are met, plans are running smoothly, and guests are always smiling! I can't wait to go back (which I'm already planning to 3 times in 2013!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Peacock Pavilions is a beautiful setting in which to experience the mystical culture of Marrakech. This location is respectful and welcoming of the city it is located in - so you feel very immersed in "local flavor." It's wonderful to be surrounded by the natural beauty of the property and given local foods to enjoy as you take in the delicious scents of fresh herbs and flowers all around. I was struck by how exotic, yet primitive, and how decadent, yet earthy, Marrakech was...and I believe Peacock Pavilion brought all of that to life for me. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful...it was like being with extended family (minus family drama of course). I was there for a yoga retreat - but plan to bring my husband back to this magical place for a getaway next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs with terrace attached for a lovely view of whole property. Stay in above gr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I started our Marrakech adventure with three relaxing days at this serene hotel before embarking on the bustling medina. We enjoyed every minute from the delicious poolside meals to the gorgeous decor. The staff was friendly, trust-worthy, and a pleasure to be around. The owners were always within earshot for advice, help planning day trips, or a refreshing cocktail. We will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rowland Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Peacock Pavillions is a beautiful, peaceful place. I was there for a yoga retreat and it was the perfect setting. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing! The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable. It is a guesthouse with full of warmth and hospitality. I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had an amazing 10 days at Peacock Pavilions. I had wanted to stay there for some years and from the moment we arrived it was perfection - every detail! The high atlas mountains were in full view from our gorgeous bedroom. Everything was beautiful. Chris and Stephanie were so helpful organising everything for us, from drivers, to shopping, to the hamman - an experience not to be missed! Restaurant suggestions, mobile phone, nothing was too much trouble. We had some fantastic meals cooked at the pavilion and also the outdoor movie experience! I had a lovely chat to Maryam about her amazing collections of beautiful things! It was truly one of the best holidays ever. I would visit again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have dreamed of the opportunity to stay at Peacock Pavilions for many years; since I started reading Maryam's blog - MyMarrakesh. (The ONLY blog I have ever read; and I'm religious in my reading.) This was a mother/son trip - my son just turned 13. We both feel it was the best trip we have ever taken and we credit the staff for our feelings.

Beautiful, eclectic, filled with charm, relaxing, comfort, comfort, comfort! The food - well, it's out of this world! Everything is fresh.

Chris & Stephanie arranged everything from my henna, to day trips. I felt like we were the only guests - the service was the best! And the chance to chat one on one with Maryam - wow! How many dreams can come true in one week - more than I can count.

If you want a very special vacation - this is it! Peacock Pavilions.

Room Tip: Each room is individually unique and fabulous! While there is no spa at Peacock Pavilions - they su...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

A few short minutes outside the city center and you're at this incredible oasis. The main Pavilion is your entry into the culture, history and the magic of Morocco. It was fascinating listening to Maryam describe the wall hangings, the fabrics, the prints, the tent stakes the nomads used as they moved around in the desert (had to bring a few home ourselves) and the history lesson of the people of Morocco. The accommodations, the pool, the tea, the breakfasts, the tent dinner.......loved every minute of it. I even got to play golf with my son and Chris at Royal Golf Club only 10 minutes away. The staff were always smiling and extremely helpful in arranging our excursions and helping us plan our days. Worth the trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Peacock Pavilions? Share your experiences!