“Amazing Place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Preston, United Kingdom
“Amazing Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Riad Kheirredine towards the end of our stay in Morocco from the 14th to the 18th June. The staff from the Riad were on hand to collect us from the bus station as we were arriving from Essaouira. Our driver dropped us as close to the Riad as was possible via car and then another member of staff was on hand to walk us to the Riad which was about 5 minutes away. On arrival at the Riad we were greeted by staff who showed us around and made us feel extremely welcome. As we had been travelling all day we decided to eat at the Riad that evening and what a meal it was! It was so good that we decided to eat there again on our last night! If you like traditional tagine and lots of it then it's a must! Our room was fantastic. There was everything we needed and both me and my girlfriend found it to be extremely comfortable. The highlight of the Riad is the terrace. It's a great place to chill out and quite easily fall asleep! If you do fancy venturing out then the staff are on hand to provide maps and show you to the main square. They provide you with a mobile telephone if you get stuck which is great for people who are first visiting the city as it can be a little daunting! I can't finish without mentioning the breakfast either which was a perfect way to start the day - fresh fruit, eggs and pastries all included! All in all the Riad was a perfect place to spend the last days of our holiday. If you want your own little bit of calm this is the place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Wow, I am not sure how to even begin to express my complete content and satisfaction with Riad Kherredine. My boyfriend and I scoured TripAdvisor reviews for a place to stay in Marrakech, and picked this riad because at the time it was the #1 rated hotel in Marrakech on the site. We knew nothing about Marrakech or Morocco, had no friends who had been to provide recommendations, and so we relied 100% on TripAdvisor to make this decision. As the trip neared, I became a bit skeptical- how is it possible that SO many good reviews are written every week about this place? Is it too good to be true? If you are reading this and have the same fears, then I am here to tell you that NO it is not too good to be true. Riad Kherredine is actually just that amazing. I have traveled quite a bit and stayed in some pretty nice places, but this one is above and beyond anything I have ever experienced, and for SUCH a reasonable price too. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid twice as much, easily. Let me explain. We were two young travelers in Marrakech last week, in a continent we had never been to. It was an incredible adventure, and I am so thankful that we had the staff of RK (Valentina, Zahaira, Abrahim, Abdul, Shoki, Elena, and more) to hold our hands every step of the way and truly be our family for those magical five nights. Our luggage was lost on our connection, so we arrived with no baggage. Elena immediately ran home (yes, home!) to grab her converter so that we could charge our iphones and tell our parents we'd arrived safely. Valentina and Zahaira talked us through our plans and helped us arrange bus tickets to Essaouria, airport transfers (to retrieve our luggage when it arrived), provided the best restaurant recommendations of the trip (Le Studio and Stall 14 in the square), etc. But of course our favorite place to dine was on the romantic and charming rooftop terrace of the Riad, with the best view of the entire city. Abrahim and Elena served us our favorite meals in Morocco on the with a smile never leaving their faces. For 25 Euro each, we had a feast of the best Moroccan food we ate all trip. Oh and the breakfasts!! That was included and such a lovely way to start the day- had everything you could ever want and kept us full until a late lunch. Also, every time we walked out of the hotel, we were handed (free) bottles of water, and each afternoon when we would arrive home from a long day of touring, we were offered mint tea or lemonade and asked where we would like to enjoy it. It was as if we had this entire mansion and staff all to ourselves in the most beautiful setting. I could go on and on about the quality of this hotel and the love I have for the staff. The mobile phone they provide and the availability of the staff to walk us anywhere made us feel so comfortable and safe, and took any stress and worry out of the experience. Finally, the location is awesome- tucked back in a very residential area close enough to walk anywhere you'd want to, but just enough off the beaten path to have a more authentic experience. Do not stay anywhere else!!!!!

Room Tip: We adored Ambre! Funky style, spacious, cozy....perfect for young couples!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Morocco. We started our adventure at Riad Kheirredine & I'm so glad we did. Marrakech is certainly a bit disorienting at first, and the staff at Riad Kheirredine are skilled at putting you at ease. From the personal escorts to several points of interest to providing a mobile phone, they gave us the skills & confidence to fully explore Marrakech, knowing they were only a phone call away if we lost our way (& we did, often!). They also went above & beyond with special "honeymoon" touches including flower petals strewn around our suite, a private dinner on the rooftop (best meal ever), and an endless supply of refreshments delivered to our cabana on the rooftop. We felt like royalty. The rest of our trip included other riads at a similar price point, but none of them even came close in terms of both service and accommodations. We can't recommend it enough!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my first time visiting Marrakech and I chose the riad after reading the reviews on here. I have to say it exceeded my expectations. We arrived at 1030am and were collected from our taxi, it was then a 5 min walk to the riad through the narrow streets. We stayed in the Ambra room.
They had prepared a breakfast for us when we arrived as they thought we might be hungry and we were given flannels to freshen up. I thought this was a nice touch and very thoughtful. After breakfast, Valentina, front of house, talked us through how to survive in Marrakech, told us they were on call 24 hrs for us and that all drinks except coke and alcohol were included in the price. I didnt expect this at all and it was a lovely surprise.
For the duration of our stay we were given a mobile phone to contact the riad if we were ever lost when out and about or needed help. I have to say we didnt need to use it but it was re-assuring having it. When going out for the first couple of times Abrahim or another chap, cant remember his name sorry, would walk us to the main taxi square near the riad. We then had maps from the hotel to explore. The route to the main square is virtually one straight road with the little shops either side, about a 15 min walk. Not once did we get lost and the maps they gave us were excellent.
On the first night we had a meal at the riad on the terrace. Food was fantastic, 3 courses and as a suprise, they made me a cake to celebrate my 40th birthday. They'd lit candles and sang happy birthday, it was so nice! Another thoughtful touch.
We only stayed for a weekend but will definately be back. The main things that strike you about this place is the staff - they are so attentive and nothing is too much trouble. You are made to feel like the only guests staying. The riad is clean, relaxing, there is a lovely terrace which has shaded beds or one's in the sun. Oils are burned in the rooms which give off a lovely relaxing aroma, oh and there's air-con and wifi. The food is excellent. Fresh, and little touches like hot milk with an americano, warm honey. Amazing fresh orange juice and homeade lemonade with mint. I so need the recipe! With the exception of seeing two people you feel like you have your own private riad with staff. My companion likes large corporate hotels but was blown away buy the quality of service, friendly staff, rooms, location.... I could go on. Having stayed at many hotels, large and boutique over the world this is one of the best for its level of service. Im VERY fussy and this place is amazing and not to be missed. Thank you Valentina and the team for making our stay special.

Room Tip: I stayed in Ambra and would recommend it
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights from 21st June 2014. We were staying in Morocco for the first time to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary, but more of that later. From the first minute of booking to the second we left, the service was nothing short of spectacular. I won't repeat the individual attention to detail that all guests seem to experience except to say that the mobile phones, personal guides to the market square and the meals at the Riad are all as good as everyone says. We stayed in the Verveigne room and it was both beautiful and comfortable as well as being as cool as you want as a result of the excellent air conditioning. The thing that stands out is the friendliness and commitment to customer service of ALL the staff. All UK hotels and businesses could learn what customer service really is by staying for a few nights at this Riad. The icing on this particularly delicious cake was that after a casual conversation with Eleana, one of the maids/cooks at the Riad, with regard to the reason for our visit, we returned to the Riad that night to discover the room sprinkled with flower petals, a bunch of fresh roses in the room and a pattern of a heart and "20" made in flower petals on the bedspread. It is this level of attention to detail and determination to go the extra mile that make this Riad extra special. If we stay in Marrakech again, this will be where we stay.

Room Tip: This Riad has recently purchased the next door Riad and is presently renovating it and knocking thro...
Thornaby on Tees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one week at this beautiful Riad. We agree with all the good reviews. Needless to say this Riad deserves all the praise and compliments it receives. Excellent service, beautiful building and you receive a very personal touch. All the staff do everything they can to make your stay memorable and very special. We would highly recommend this hotel if you like Marrakech. The Riad is situated in the heart of the medinas narrow streets and this can make you feel a little claustrephobic. We loved the Riad, but unfortunately Marrakech was not for us. We did however enjoy our trip to the Atlas mountains which was so peaceful and relaxing which was a total contrast to the medina in Marrakech. Once again many thanks to everyone at the Riad for looking after us and making our time with them so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Rose". It was lovely and spacious. The bed was very comfortable too.
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This beautiful riad is perfect! Every single member of staff that we met were helpful, polite and welcoming. The whole riad is clean and the roof terrace has great views. The breakfast was excellent, if we had more time we would have had an evening meal here to! We turned up a little unannounced after thinking we had reserved a place to stay but had in fact misunderstood the email, this was not an issue and we were lucky enough that they still had a place for us. These staff here are probably the most helpful staff I have ever come across and treated you more like family than guests. They go above and beyond in service, showing you around the streets, suggesting place to eat/see and making you feel safe, they will even come out and meet you and walk you back to the riad safely if you are a little lost no matter what time it is! There was building work going on during our stay but we didn't really notice it. The riad is being extended so is shut for July and August but if we return to morocco then staying here would be our first choice! It is a safe haven among the sometimes intimidating souks and would recommend it to anyone. Thank you so much for all your help riad kheirredine!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Riad Kheirredine? Share your experiences!