“Superb in every detail” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Sandhurst
“Superb in every detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a hotel that leaves nothing to chance - from the initial meeting at the nearest taxi point to the welcome drinks leading on to unparalleled service throughout our stay. A dip in the plunge pool? Towels and a mat arrived immediately. Out in Marrakech? - 2 mobile phones were provided to ring for an escort home to the hotel when needed, at any time of the day or night. If we were going out we were given water at the door, if we were staying in; tea, lemonade and juice with snacks. Yes, it is a little walk to the souk or the Majorelle gardens but a fascinating one and we never managed to get lost after the detailed explanations we were given.

The rooms are lovely and the bathrooms well equipped. Any queries were answered (love the Argan oil) and all the staff without exception were helpful and friendly. We ate in the hotel twice and had fabulous meals both times. The breakfast is also fabulous - everything so very fresh and so much of it.

For three women on a weekend break the hotel was an oasis of calm in the midst of a fascinating city, I really hope to go back next year with my family when the new rooms and swimming pool are completed!

Room Tip: We had three rooms and they were all lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

No better place to visit Marrakech. In the heart of the ancient Medina, in a historical riad renovated to maximum comfort. The whole staff took care of us in a million different ways: showed us our way around, walked our luggage to the taxi, babysat the kid while we had dinner alone, got us medicines at the pharmacy, arranged us trips and guides, got our clothes washed. We didn't have a worry for the whole week there.

The dinner on their terrace, at sunset, is just unbelievable. The small swimming pool is a great way to wash away the heat. The abundant breakfast is a great way to start. The luxurious bedrooms... you must see them.

We had an amazing experience there, we felt at home... if our home had cooks and waiters! Thanks to Valentina, Yajaira and everybody for the warm welcome. Insha'Allah, see you soon again!

Room Tip: Eucalyptus had an adjacent small room (Musk), perfect for the kids.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you are visiting Marrakech, particularly for the first time, stay here. To say that we received excellent customer service doesn't really capture how well we were looked after - rather it felt like we were being warmly and genuinely welcomed in and cared for (but never in a way that was intrusive).

The Riad is located within the Medina with fabulous views over the city and is an easy walk to the souks and Jemma El Fna. The staff insist on walking you into the city (or to anywhere new) for the first time and even as relatively experienced travellers it is wise to take up their offer. As other reviews have noted Valentina also provides you with a mobile phone to call the Riad staff (any time day or night) if you get lost or into any trouble whatsoever.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and everything is done efficiently and with care for their guests. On our first day my partner needed a dentist, not only did they arrange an appointment but the lovely Elena (who we can't praise enough) accompanied her to and from her appointment. We were given bottles of cold water to take out every day, were greeted with mint tea and pastries every time we came home and provided with good and helpful advice on what we wanted to do while in Marrakech.

We stayed in Verveine which was quiet and a good size for the two of us.

We had the Moroccan banquet on the first night and it was delicious (particularly the almond and lemon tart). Breakfast was good and easily enough to keep us going late into the afternoon. Eating (or just sitting) on the terrace was wonderful and I'd thoroughly recommend it.

The area around the Riad does feel safe but it is in the Medina and you will therefore walk passed many local people and the streets aren't like those of a European city - keep to the right to avoid been run down by bikes or motorbikes rushing passed you in the narrow alleyways. We found the locals to be friendly and didn't fear for our safety at all.

I realise some of this review may seem a bit gushy but I can honestly say that I don't think I've experienced a better stay anywhere. Which brings me back to where I started. If you are visiting Marrakech, stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Palermo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great staff, very comfortable. I like smaller places when I travel and the Riad Kheiridine Melhoun fits my needs perfectly. And, I didn't feel as though I had to compromise anything. Located ideally in the Medina, close to good restaurants and an easy walk to just about anyplace you'd wantr to go in Marrakech. Nice facility, beautiful rooftop garden. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They are simply terrific!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is deserving of all the reviews you have either read or about to read. I booked on the strength of Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. Yajaira and Valentina were first class hosts from start to finish. The Riad is lovely and nothing is too much trouble. My children loved the small pool and went in every afternoon. We stayed B&B, breakfast was plentiful and well cooked. We ate every morning on the roof terrace which was amazing. Our room was the Yasmin room which without doubt has to be the most interesting and quirky room you will ever stay in. Situated over three floors with bathroom on the first level a bedroom on the second and our bedroom on the third which lead outside to our private terrace. Only criticism bathroom two floors down so remember to go before bed!
The Riad is actually being extended this year so I just hope the service and quality will remain the same when it is larger.
My wife and I hope one day we can return as this place was so relaxing, it's an oasis of calm in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.
Well done to all the staff who made our stay special.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our first visit to Marrakech was made a memorable experience by the staff at Riad Kheirredine. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they can't do enough! Valentina and Yajaira go out of their way to help. They gave us ideas for excursions, restaurants and booked for us. We were given a local cellphone in case we needed to reach them made sure someone accompanied us if we were hesitant to venture out on our own.
The accommodation is super and the breakfast included local delicacies and whatever else we requested.
It was just MAGIC! Keep it up

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Milano, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Riad kheirredine is an oasis of calm tranquility in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. The staff( Valentina, yajaira) were extremely friendly and bent over backwards to help us. I forgot my phone charger and in half an hour they found me one. They helped us plan all our trips and advised us on which restaurants to try. And they were spot on. They gave us a telephone while we were there so we could contact them if there was any problem but all went smoothly. The rooms were really funky and decorated in modern marrakech style. Tea and coffee is free all day as is water. The terrace on the roof is amazing. I could have stayed up there with a good book all day. I went with my 3 kids and they loved it too. A special mention also to Elena who looked after us with genuine affection and did so much for us. It was almost like being in a family. The breakfast is to die for.. Croissant, cake, yoghurt, fruit salad, pancakes and eggs...I will definitely go back next year and try out their new pool. We struck gold with this Riad.

Room Tip: The Riad is very quiet so all rooms were fine
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Riad Kheirredine? Share your experiences!