“Do yourself a favor and stay here.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
New Orleans
“Do yourself a favor and stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The folks at this riad are some of the nicest people I've met.
More things than I can remember were complementary. Everyone always has a [genuine] smile on their face, and is happy to help out with anything that their guests might need. It really felt like staying with family instead of staying at a hotel.

Walking us out to the taxi stand [both ways] and to the main square was really something I did not expect. If I ever find myself in Marrakech, I'm staying at the Riad Kheirredine again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose to stay at riad Kheirredine in September for 4 nights during our honeymoon. We could not have been happier with the riad and the very friendly, welcoming and helpful staff who couldn't do enough to ensure we had the best stay possible. The riad is a welcome escape from the heat and madness of the medina and as soon as you step through the main door it feels as though you are a world away. Our room Ambre was lovely; it was scattered with rose petals on our arrival, which was a nice touch and much appreciated in addition to the bottle of bubbly that was waiting for us! We also enjoyed relaxing and enjoying a few drinks on the roof terrace whilst watching the sunset over Marrakech.

Don't let the location of the riad put you off. Whilst it can be a bit daunting walking back to the riad at night given the labyrinth of streets from the main taxi drop off/pick up point and the children playing in the streets who may try to convince you that you are going the wrong way, the riad provide a mobile phone (as stated in previous reviews) should you need a member of staff to come and get you within minutes or provide directions.

We loved our stay at riad Kheirredine and look forward to returning in the future. Thank you to all the staff for making our honeymoon a memorable one :o)

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We just had a brief two night stay and we absolutely loved it. We felt so welcome and the staff helped us find our way around the city. They even lent us a mobile phone with their numbers on it in case we got lost! They provided a delicious dinner on our arrival and both mornings a plentiful breakfast. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Riad Kheirredine's secret weapon is their staff. Particularly Valentina. We loved Valentina. She's Italian, not Moroccan. This is important, because she knows what it's like to come to Morocco. She understands the challenges and the joys. She knows what westerners want. She guides you to places, activities, and shopping that you will appreciate. She thinks like you do, empathizes with you, and connects with you. This is not a normal "hotel" experience, I assure you.

It's not just Valentina. From the cleaning ladies to the porters to the waiters to the guides, everyone at Riad Kheirredine made us feel like we were visiting family. It was special.

I can't even begin to express my gratitude. Indulge me to tell you a few stories:

I arrived very sick. I don't know what I ate in Fez, but somehow I caught a rather nasty stomach bug. Right after we checked in, I passed out from exhaustion. My fiancé asked Valentina if we could get some antibiotics. Valentina happened to have Cipro on hand. A couple of hours later (when it became clear I wasn't waking up anytime soon), my fiancé ordered dinner for herself, which the staff delivered to the room. They even set up a table and tablecloth in the room so that my fiancé could eat, and force-feed me some bread and rice. The next day, after 13 hours of sleep, I felt like a new man.

Ismail showed us how to get down to the main square. We decided to be adventurous and take a different route back. We got lost. Fortunately, they gave us a cell phone, so we were able to call. We told Ismail where we were, and he immediately came, found us, and brought us back.

We had a short trip, but really wanted to go to the Sahara desert. Ask Valentina about this trip when you book the Riad. The Riad has set up their own special tour with a local tour company. A driver picked us up in Marrakech, drove us through Tizi-n-Tichka (stopping regularly so we could take pictures) took us to Ait Benhaddou, then drove us to Agdz where we stayed in a magnificent Riad. The next day, we drove to Mhamid, then into the desert. We rode camels, spent the night outside under the stars (we had our own private tent, but who wants to sleep in a tent when you can sleep under the stars in the Sahara desert?) hiked up to the top of Erg Chegaga, and then drove home. Breakfasts and dinners were paid for, and we ate fabulously. It was a marvelous, intimate, personal trip with an incredibly friendly and knowledgable driver/guide. I'm so glad Valentina set it up for us.

Our trip was too short for us to do adequate shopping, so Valentina saved the day again. Before we left for the desert, we asked how we could get some Argon oil to take home as a gift. She recommended a place, then offered to get it for us while we were gone. When we returned from our desert tour, the oil was waiting for us, and we just reimbursed her for the cost. We were incredibly grateful, and our friends LOVED the oil she picked for us.

Before we left we arranged to have dinner at the Riad our last night. Based on something we read in a guidebook, we asked for Tanjia. We knew we were in for a treat when Valentina's eyes lit up. Tanjia was our best meal in Morocco bar none. It was a spectacular treat.

Valentina seemed genuinely sad when we left. We were too: we will miss her. But we will never forget the experience she and the rest provided us at Riad Kheirredine. It was truly special. Thank you guys!

Room Tip: Ask them to make Tanjia. It's fabulous...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been coming back to Riad Kheirredine for 3 years, and it is bliss, as always. This time, I arrived on my birthday, and they went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and celebrated. My husband and I stayed 3 days, and ate for the first time on the rooftop terrace, which I highly recommend. In sum, great riad, awesome stuff, top quality food -- what more can you ask for :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A well deserved five-star review for an outstanding five-star service. On our arrival we received a very warm welcome and immediately felt completely at home. During our whole stay the staff really went the extra mile to make us feel comfortable and relaxed. When the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh got a bit too much, it was a pleasure to head back to the Riad for a jug of delicious mint lemonade and a sit on the rooftop terrace. We were genuinely sad when we had to leave the Riad and head to our next destination in Morocco. Thank you once again for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

A superb riad with excellent service and good food. Helpful staff and good location in the Medina although perhaps it would be difficult for guests in wheelchairs. We were also lent a local mobile phone by the owners in case we needed to call them. Highly recommendable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Kheirredine? Share your experiences!