“Magical Venue, Warming Service, Fabulous Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Kheirredine
44 Derb Chourafa | Marrakech Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Magical Venue, Warming Service, Fabulous Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Keirredine in July during a visit, and then my fiance joined us the next day. We were welcomed with the warmth of family, then given a delicious breakfast on the terrace (that really made me feel pampered) and then shown to our rooms. We were upgraded, and my breath was taken away. Although it sounds a little silly, I really felt like a princess. It was MAGIC! The following day, my friend and I unfortunately had some work to get done and enjoyed the lounge, while we were constantly attended to. The staff there truly welcomes you as if you are family. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

796 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had an excellent stay at this Riad. We stayed for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend, went to Comptor Darna for dinner on the first night, had a cooking class with Fam d'Epices the next followed by a visit to Mythic Oriental Spa, we then tried to food at the outdoor BBQ (just OK and dont have the orange juice as they use ice from ta water to cool it). The last day we chilled in the Riad, went to the souk and then had dinner in the Riad!

I have broken the review of theriad into these areas:

Accommodation - rooms clean, very good size, exellent AC, morrocon themed, decent bathrooms, complimentary water and fruit daily. They were also cleaned very well daily.

Food - breakfast was fruit, fresh bread, crepes, eggs, juice and special requests were not a problem! Breakfast served on the terrace on in the courtyard. Dinner was 25 euro with more food than you can imagine. It was for 2 but could have fed a family of 4!

Riad - nice areas in courtyard and terrace to chill, have a drink and top up the tan.

Staff - we were so well looked after by Marco, Emanuaella, Khalid, Abdul and all the others. This place is fantastic really down to the service of these individuals and all the others we didn't get a chance to meet

Proximity to medina - about ten mins walk. Seems like the poorer part of the medina. Can seem a little dodgy at night but it's really not and is just more perception rather than fact. When we went out on our first night we wer egiven a hone and told to call when we were leaving the restaurant so someone could pick us up where the taxi dropped us. Was well worth it as my sense of direction is awful!

Massages at Riad - decent and 25 euros. Did not have a hamman but I am told its nice.

In summary, stay here and you wont be disappointed! I am sure we will be back at somepoint as its only 3 hours form London!

A tip - we were flying BMI and they are very disorganised at the airport so make sure you leave a little time to check in. Also dont both with the market, go to the fixed price shops instead, its cooler and much easier to buy and look at what you want without being hasled!

Room Tip: All romms are good, but it you are a light sleper get a room on a high floor.
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Everything written about this Riad in these trip advisor reviews is spot on. This place is fantastic. From the moment we arrived we were warmly looked after by the close knit staff.
Ussama, Khalid and Emanuel thanks for everything.

The RIad itself is an amazing building with a lovely cool courtyard with a pool to cool down in in the afternoon heat, sumptious roof terraces offering views across the city ( and a perfect spot to watch the sunset ) and georgous, luxurious rooms which are just what is needed after the hustle bustle of the souks and markets of the city.

Whenever I am in Marrakech, there is only one place to stay. See you soon guys.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Hi - stayed here for a few days with my girlfriend in August.

This is a superb little riad - very stylish oasis of calm away from the hectic hustle and bustle of the medina. We stayed in both the Ambre and Sandal rooms and loved the decor and ambiance of both.

I'd recommend the food here too - had some good food when we stayed in.

We were both made to feel very welcome by the owner and the head waiter, Khalid.

One other thing - definitely get the transfer from the airport - only 15 euros in a smart car (better than the shabby Marrakech taxis) and you get guided to the riad. You will NEVER find it without this guidance!

Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Absolutely amazing experience at the riad. It's worth the travel to Marrakech!!
The Medina can be a challenge in your first days, but with the help provided by the staff of the riad, you won't have any problems. They take you on your first day to Jemaa el Fna, and they show you the way back and give you a mobile phone in case you lose on the streets.
The riad is a little, comfortable, beautiful palace, and the staff is unbelievable. Everybody. They work a lot, and the make you feel comfortable, making your stay easy and pleasant.
We'd like to mention, above all, Khalid, who was our waiter and is truly a real nice person. Our son loves him!! And we do too. Well, we've loved our stay at the Kheirredine!!

PS: Meals were espectacular!! Dont leave without trying the tajines.

Room Tip: Rose room, small and functional. Orange room, big one, and perfect to 2 people.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Riad Kheirredine truly pampers guests with exemplary service, plush beds, sumptuous Egyptian cotton sheets, cashmere blankets, and delicious breakfasts complete with French and Moroccan fare. From the moment Marco met me at Sidi Ben Slimane to walk me to the Riad, I enjoyed my visit immensely.

On my first evening, I was invited to have dinner at a local restaurant called Dar Zellig, which features traditional Moroccan food, wonderful service, and a romantic and beautiful setting, complete with a guitarist who plays music while guests dine. After being walked to the restaurant by a Riad employee, I enjoyed a lovely glass of Moroccan wine on the rooftop terrace as mesmerizingly beautiful calls to prayer rang out in the scented evening air from mosques all around the Medina. It was a magical experience. If you have the opportunity to eat here, definitely go!

Each morning, about thirty minutes before fully emerging from the luxurious cocoon of cotton and cashmere in which I was swathed, I would dial the office to arrange to have breakfast served on the terrace. After a few more minutes lounging in the air-conditioned splendor of the Fleur d’Orange room, which was a beautiful, little musk-scented jewel of a room, I would head out into the already blazing-hot morning. Without fail, when I arrived, I always was pleased to discover that a place had been set for me beneath the crisp white canvas sun shades. Arranged artfully atop the pristine white linen tablecloth lay a place setting topped by an embroidered linen napkin, some traditional Moroccan stoneware, a fresh homemade chocolate croissant and cake, and a basket of homemade Moroccan bread, including delicious tiny pitas. Before I could even sit down, coffee, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and tiny clay tagines bearing honey, orange and peach preserves, and butter all were brought to the table.

The staff members at Riad Kheirredine -- especially Marco, Emanuela, Khalid, and the women in housekeeping and those providing spa services -- truly are professionals and care about providing exceptional service to their guests. In addition to a cell phone with pre-programmed numbers and an excellent map that highlights various landmarks to use for navigation to and from Djama El Fna Square, the Riad also provides a staff member to personally guide visitors to the square the first time. Marco once again proved to be an invaluable asset as he expertly guided me through the labyrinthine streets of the Medina and gave me helpful tips to assist me to enjoy my visit.

From dinners at the Riad on several nights, to the excellent Moroccan Cooking class arranged with Faim D’epices, to the round-trip airport transfers, heavenly Hamman and massage, and roses and fresh fruit in my room. . .every detail was absolutely perfect. Riad Kheirredine is truly one of the most delightful hotels in which I have ever stayed. . .anywhere. In fact, I’ve already booked my next trip! I highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Everything about the riad was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and would go out of their way to help us, nothing was too much trouble. The location of the riad is only minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the square yet offers a warm, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
To our surprise we were very kindly upgraded to the Eucalyptus room. Our room was very spacious, beautifully decorated, as was the whole of the riad in a traditional Mooccan style.
We were served breakast every morning where again nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the riad.
The riad was everything we imagined it to be and more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Kheirredine? Share your experiences!