“Superb, Stylish and Friendly Riad” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Superb, Stylish and Friendly Riad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Hi - stayed here for a few days with my girlfriend in August.

This is a superb little riad - very stylish oasis of calm away from the hectic hustle and bustle of the medina. We stayed in both the Ambre and Sandal rooms and loved the decor and ambiance of both.

I'd recommend the food here too - had some good food when we stayed in.

We were both made to feel very welcome by the owner and the head waiter, Khalid.

One other thing - definitely get the transfer from the airport - only 15 euros in a smart car (better than the shabby Marrakech taxis) and you get guided to the riad. You will NEVER find it without this guidance!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Absolutely amazing experience at the riad. It's worth the travel to Marrakech!!
The Medina can be a challenge in your first days, but with the help provided by the staff of the riad, you won't have any problems. They take you on your first day to Jemaa el Fna, and they show you the way back and give you a mobile phone in case you lose on the streets.
The riad is a little, comfortable, beautiful palace, and the staff is unbelievable. Everybody. They work a lot, and the make you feel comfortable, making your stay easy and pleasant.
We'd like to mention, above all, Khalid, who was our waiter and is truly a real nice person. Our son loves him!! And we do too. Well, we've loved our stay at the Kheirredine!!

PS: Meals were espectacular!! Dont leave without trying the tajines.

Room Tip: Rose room, small and functional. Orange room, big one, and perfect to 2 people.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Riad Kheirredine truly pampers guests with exemplary service, plush beds, sumptuous Egyptian cotton sheets, cashmere blankets, and delicious breakfasts complete with French and Moroccan fare. From the moment Marco met me at Sidi Ben Slimane to walk me to the Riad, I enjoyed my visit immensely.

On my first evening, I was invited to have dinner at a local restaurant called Dar Zellig, which features traditional Moroccan food, wonderful service, and a romantic and beautiful setting, complete with a guitarist who plays music while guests dine. After being walked to the restaurant by a Riad employee, I enjoyed a lovely glass of Moroccan wine on the rooftop terrace as mesmerizingly beautiful calls to prayer rang out in the scented evening air from mosques all around the Medina. It was a magical experience. If you have the opportunity to eat here, definitely go!

Each morning, about thirty minutes before fully emerging from the luxurious cocoon of cotton and cashmere in which I was swathed, I would dial the office to arrange to have breakfast served on the terrace. After a few more minutes lounging in the air-conditioned splendor of the Fleur d’Orange room, which was a beautiful, little musk-scented jewel of a room, I would head out into the already blazing-hot morning. Without fail, when I arrived, I always was pleased to discover that a place had been set for me beneath the crisp white canvas sun shades. Arranged artfully atop the pristine white linen tablecloth lay a place setting topped by an embroidered linen napkin, some traditional Moroccan stoneware, a fresh homemade chocolate croissant and cake, and a basket of homemade Moroccan bread, including delicious tiny pitas. Before I could even sit down, coffee, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and tiny clay tagines bearing honey, orange and peach preserves, and butter all were brought to the table.

The staff members at Riad Kheirredine -- especially Marco, Emanuela, Khalid, and the women in housekeeping and those providing spa services -- truly are professionals and care about providing exceptional service to their guests. In addition to a cell phone with pre-programmed numbers and an excellent map that highlights various landmarks to use for navigation to and from Djama El Fna Square, the Riad also provides a staff member to personally guide visitors to the square the first time. Marco once again proved to be an invaluable asset as he expertly guided me through the labyrinthine streets of the Medina and gave me helpful tips to assist me to enjoy my visit.

From dinners at the Riad on several nights, to the excellent Moroccan Cooking class arranged with Faim D’epices, to the round-trip airport transfers, heavenly Hamman and massage, and roses and fresh fruit in my room. . .every detail was absolutely perfect. Riad Kheirredine is truly one of the most delightful hotels in which I have ever stayed. . .anywhere. In fact, I’ve already booked my next trip! I highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Everything about the riad was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and would go out of their way to help us, nothing was too much trouble. The location of the riad is only minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the square yet offers a warm, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
To our surprise we were very kindly upgraded to the Eucalyptus room. Our room was very spacious, beautifully decorated, as was the whole of the riad in a traditional Mooccan style.
We were served breakast every morning where again nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the riad.
The riad was everything we imagined it to be and more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The Riad is beautiful, clean, and quite inexpensive compared to the other Riads. It is in a great location, a very short walk to the Medina. The owners and staff are very nice poeple and will go out of their way to make the stay as perfect as possible. Marco, one of the owners, personally showed us how to get around the alleys of Marrakesh and gave us a phone to call him if we ever got lost. Well, we did get lost on our first day, so we gave him a call, told him what was around us, and he came to us and showed us the way back. Also, breakfasts were included and delicious! If I ever return to Marrakesh, this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: The Eucalyptus (sp?) room was wonderful for 2 to 3 people.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Riad Kheirredine is simply the most relaxing, friendly and beautiful Riad. The staff go out of their way to help make your stay a memorable one. The decor is beautiful and has all the details of traditional Marrakech but with all the mod cons too. I visited the Riad with my 14 year old daughter and was anxious about the safety of travelling to the city without the presence of a man - however we felt very safe and had the assistance of a guide on the first day and the Riad staff to accompany us to and from the Riad at night. We will go back for certain.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at the Riad Kheirredine, from the luxurious rooms to the courteous, professional, and personable staff, to the bountiful breakfasts. We highly recommend this Riad to anyone going to Marrakech. They made our first time there pleasant and safe. At one point we got lost and staff from the Riad met us and showed us the way back.

This Riad has everything you'd expect from a luxury hotel, and they genuinely care about your well-being while in Morocco.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Kheirredine? Share your experiences!