“Tourist Trap - Bad Hammam but Good Massage” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Spas
Attraction Details
london
3 attraction reviews
“Tourist Trap - Bad Hammam but Good Massage”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After being tired walking around looking for a cheap hammam and massage we ended up here. We have to wait for two hours for our schedule so we waited in the square. We arrived early in the place and we then realized we could have just waited there as they have a waiting area upstairs.

The price was fixed and you cannot haggle so I thought it must be good compared to the other ones. The hammam was basically a term for being splashed with buckets of water and being wiped with the black soap, scrubbed a little and then left in the steam room. Then you're splashed with buckets of water again and then a little bit of the clay and then back to the steam room then shower and you're done. It must have been 20 minutes and then you wait in the waiting room with tea for a while. They seem to be saving soap and clay as I don't think it was enough to cover the whole body. The men also keep on asking for tip which was really annoying.

We were then sent upstairs for massage which we arranged to be a strong message compared to the relaxant massage. The massage was very good and I hope I didn't pay for the hammam and just went for massage only. After the massage I tipped 20 dirhams to the guy and as I was counting money he seem to be asking for more tip! Cheeky!

I felt ripped off for the hammam as I wanted to experience a proper Moroccan hammam as I thought you could never be in Morocco and not have a hammam. I hope I just paid more and tried the hotel hammams.

I personally would NOT recommend this one to anyone except for massage. The first picture in this posting does not look anywhere near what I've seen. The place was dark everywhere.

Visited May 2013

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Spa treat ~ best part of our holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This spa/sauna is gender segregated. Myself and four other women enjoyed the women's sauna, massage, pamper experience together. We all rated it highly as a relaxing escape from the frantic, intense experience of the souks. We felt really pampered by the women who worked there and the massage was AMAZING. Would recommend without hesitation. Did not manage to haggle on the price, but did manage to get an extra 15 minutes massage each! The Argan Oil products they sell were light and they added Rose oil to ours. Book in advance.

Visited April 2013
Malta
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was lured in to this place by the staff outside and am so pleased I was. Before I committed to anything I was shown round a very friendly member of staff, who speaks very good English. He showed me upstairs where the hair / nail / massage area is and also where the steam room is.
I decided to go ahead with the basic hammam package for DH 150 which is about Euro 15. I was taken in to a changing area, from then on it was just women. Then on into the steam room for a few minutes then the rub down with olive soap followed by the steam room again, then again a wash down & rub / mini massage and the local clay applied. I was totally scrubbed by a very strong woman, heaven! I felt like a new woman after. Then on to a relaxing room where I was offered water and a few minutes to relax in the semi-dark. Just what you need to relax. After that I was taken back upstairs to the most amazingly decorated round room to enjoy a pot of Moroccan tea. Very nice. They also allowed me to dry my hair with a hair dryer in the hair dressing section, important for me since I have quite long hair.

I went back to the same hammam at the end of my holiday for a strong massage since I had been on a long horse riding trek in the meantime and I have to say the "tonique" massage I had was fabulous, again by a woman (I wouldn't have minded a man but it seems to be against their policy) but she was strong enough for what I wanted.

Would definitely go back to this hammam on a next visit to Marrakech.

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“So Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

A must visit !!!
The Hamman & Massage package is fantastic value for money.( much cheaper than the hotel)
We actually came here on a couple of evenings it was so authentic & relaxing x x

Visited December 2012
BristolUK-BenaojanSpain
3 attraction reviews
“Doesn't hit the spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited this Hammam - only my second - last week. Place is clean and professional-ish but doesn't do anything special. Promised a 90minute experience but was there less than an hour. Felt like a conveyor belt of average commitment - except one guy who kept reminding me about leaving a tip. And the masseur was far more attentive as he looked for a gratuity than when he was massaging. Not quite enough problems to complain but definitely not to return to.

Visited January 2013