“Spa treat ~ best part of our holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #381 of 530 Activities in Marrakech
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Spa treat ~ best part of our holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This spa/sauna is gender segregated. Myself and four other women enjoyed the women's sauna, massage, pamper experience together. We all rated it highly as a relaxing escape from the frantic, intense experience of the souks. We felt really pampered by the women who worked there and the massage was AMAZING. Would recommend without hesitation. Did not manage to haggle on the price, but did manage to get an extra 15 minutes massage each! The Argan Oil products they sell were light and they added Rose oil to ours. Book in advance.

Visited April 2013

Malta
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was lured in to this place by the staff outside and am so pleased I was. Before I committed to anything I was shown round a very friendly member of staff, who speaks very good English. He showed me upstairs where the hair / nail / massage area is and also where the steam room is.
I decided to go ahead with the basic hammam package for DH 150 which is about Euro 15. I was taken in to a changing area, from then on it was just women. Then on into the steam room for a few minutes then the rub down with olive soap followed by the steam room again, then again a wash down & rub / mini massage and the local clay applied. I was totally scrubbed by a very strong woman, heaven! I felt like a new woman after. Then on to a relaxing room where I was offered water and a few minutes to relax in the semi-dark. Just what you need to relax. After that I was taken back upstairs to the most amazingly decorated round room to enjoy a pot of Moroccan tea. Very nice. They also allowed me to dry my hair with a hair dryer in the hair dressing section, important for me since I have quite long hair.

I went back to the same hammam at the end of my holiday for a strong massage since I had been on a long horse riding trek in the meantime and I have to say the "tonique" massage I had was fabulous, again by a woman (I wouldn't have minded a man but it seems to be against their policy) but she was strong enough for what I wanted.

Would definitely go back to this hammam on a next visit to Marrakech.

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“So Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

A must visit !!!
The Hamman & Massage package is fantastic value for money.( much cheaper than the hotel)
We actually came here on a couple of evenings it was so authentic & relaxing x x

Visited December 2012
BristolUK-BenaojanSpain
3 attraction reviews
“Doesn't hit the spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited this Hammam - only my second - last week. Place is clean and professional-ish but doesn't do anything special. Promised a 90minute experience but was there less than an hour. Felt like a conveyor belt of average commitment - except one guy who kept reminding me about leaving a tip. And the masseur was far more attentive as he looked for a gratuity than when he was massaging. Not quite enough problems to complain but definitely not to return to.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Simpel and Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I'm just sitting here reading some of the other reviews that gave one star. OI have to ask myself, did these people go to the same place?

I found this via the recommendation of a tour guide. I arrived without an appointment. I was informed by the very friendly staff that the package of Hammam, scrub and massage may be a bit delayed as it was almost noon and the Hammam would be tied up as women were entering. They gave me the option of either coming back in a hour or taking the package out of order starting with the massage. I chose the latter.

I requested a man that could give extra strong massage and they sent in Hassed (Hah-seed). He proceeded to give an excellent massage. At no time did he lead me down the "happy ending path."

After the massage, he pulled the curtain and left me in the room alone to close my eyes and relax.

Next up at plate: Ali Baba, a chubby warm hearted man who was took me for my Hammam and scrub. It goes like this: soap > steam > exfoliating scrub and clay pack > long steam > long shower. Then a good dousing with a bucket of warm water. He called each person for the next round or session by where they were from and never stopped trying to pronounce where I was from: New Yo-wahk.

Overall: The place was a tiny bit rustic but very clean. If you are looking for a luxury experience, look elsewhere. This place was charming and very Marrakech.

Visited November 2012