“Fantastic food, setting and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 587 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Moroccan, European, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine-dining restaurant at boutique hotel maison mk. Open to internal & external guests for dinner.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, setting and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2015 NEW

I made a reservation at Gastro MK for my mother and I, having read all the previous positive reviews. Neither of us were disappointed and had an enjoyable evening. It was a lovely end to what has been a wonderful visit to Marrakech in celebration of my pending 30th birthday!

We had a lovely welcome, I liked how each party was greeted personally and the invite upstairs to the beautiful rooftop for drinks and canapés is a nice touch. The view and decor is really beautiful and contemporary too (but not too modern either). The riad is easy to find with helpful directions upon booking.

The riad itself is beautiful and sort of reminded me of the Gaudi buildings Casa Batllo or Casa Milo - it has that kind of feel to it. It is really beautiful and the riad has a book on the its restoration which is insightful. The staff were also ready to tell us about the features of the building and it is clear to see they enjoy working there and have a sense of pride for the riad.

The cocktails on the rooftop are very good, I had a great espresso martini and the canapes were delicious.

Moving on to food. Our meal was easily one of the best we have had. The combination of flavours were interesting but very well balanced. For example, I would never have put parsnip and chocolate together (which were the ingredients for a soup we had) but, it was delicious. You can see the amount of thought and care that has gone in to each dish. The menu also pays subtle hommage to Moroccan flavours, which is lovely. Each dish of the five course taster menu was tasty and unique with its flavour combinations and were also the right portion size too. At the end of our meal the head chef went to each table for feedback (ours was obviously very positive) but it was such a personal touch and was a really nice end to a great meal to be able meet him and see his enthusiasm and passion for his work and food.

The staff epitomise the people of Marrakech/Morocco - they have a wonderful sense of pride in sharing their love for their city and country. The staff were very friendly, professional and incredibly welcoming and it was obvious that they enjoyed their work and it was noted and much appreciated our end.

I would recommend Gastro MK without any reservations at all.

• Visited May 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2015 NEW

Food, service, ambiance, all 5 star. We really did not expect to find this in Morocco. Now I am rating Trip Advisor and I don't like to be forced into saying more than I want (am I a 100 characters yet?).

Visited May 2015
County Dublin, Ireland
“Best thing about our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2015 NEW

I booked this a month in advance for my girlfriends birthday as I was told it was a must in Marrakech.

We were not disappointed!

Every little detail was thought of. The majority of places we went in Marrakech would win awards for their customer service so this was a pleasant change. The staff could not do enough for us. I let them know before that it was my girlfriends birthday. They gave us a fantastic seat, sprinkled with rose petals and presented her with a birthday dessert on top of the rest of our meal.

The food was second to none. Honestly one of the best meals I've ever had. We had delicious canapes while we had our cocktails on the roof top garden. This was followed by a number of different courses, all of which were delicious.

I could not recommend this any more. Definitely a must if you are in Marrakech.

• Visited May 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Most perfect experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2015 NEW via mobile

We have visited marrekesh twice now and always looking for something different and relaxing in the evenings. Maison MK was out of this world we had the most wonderful evening. Arrived half hour before our meal and greeted by a lovely gentleman who made us feel totally at home. I had requested a table on near the pool and he showed us which table he had chosen for us which was perfect. We were shown up to the roof terrace for drinks and canapés then before our meal. Beautiful setting. Our meal itself was superb every morsel of food just melted in our mouths. we have travelled the world and very rarely have we come across that standard of service and who were so attentive. Next time we are in marrekesh we will be back and not just for one evening but Afew and maybe even to stay as the hotel is beautiful. Thank you so very much for a perfect evening x

Visited May 2015
london
“Tremendous ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2015 NEW

Honestly one of the best meals We have ever had.
Every thing about it is fabulous - the attention to detail, the joining on roof for cocktails, the chef coming out for a chat at the end and, let's be honest the most important part, the food.
Tasty, unusual, great portion sizes, creative, mind blowing, tasty (did I mention that already?)
We would go back in a heart beat if ever in Marrakech again...
GO TO GASTRO MK