“Perfect place in morocco!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: European, French, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Description: Fine-dining restaurant at boutique hotel maison mk. Open to internal & external guests for dinner.
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place in morocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Mk maison
We wanted to visit somewhere special on our last night in morocco and decided based on other reviews on trip advisor to visit mk maison.
Upon calling for a reservation, we were told that we could be accommodated but were told that we must arrive at 7:30. We found this a little surprising and were a little rushed as we made the call at 6pm! When we arrived, the slight rush we were in to get ready was instantly justified. We were told by the restaurant to call when our driver dropped us off on a corner street and someone would meet us to escort us to mk maison. We walked through the tiny bustling allies to the restaurant then walked through the door into what can only be described as paradise.
A decadent Riad beautifully finished in traditional style, the centre piece being a stunning indoor pool.
We were escorted up to the roof, for canapés and cocktails with views over the city. The canapés were a beautifully presented selection of traditional Moroccan cuisine fused with modern influences. This theme was reflected throughout the whole menu!
We were led down to the restaurant at 8pm for a six course menu after being asked which main course we would like from a choice of 3. We both opted for sea bass. All courses were sublime and the level of technique and presentation was on par with what we have experienced in Michelin starred restaurants n the UK.
The service and explanations of dishes was also impeccable. The sea bass was the main event but all courses were executed to perfection and the menu was a perfectly balanced selection of flavours.
To conclude, if you want a special dining experience in morocco with European standard fine dining and exemplary service look no further than Maison MK.

• Visited August 2013

92% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“The best food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My parents booked a table for my family at Gastro MK for my 21st birthday. It was incredible from the moment we stepped through the door. The evening started off with nibbles and canapes on the terrace, where we had the most beautiful views of the whole of the old city. This was then followed by dinner in the restaurant, near the pool in the riad. As a pescetarian, I had the fish and vegetarian dishes.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best food that I have ever eaten in any restaurant, and I live in central London! The chef was even lovely enough to come out at the end of the evening and introduce himself, making sure that we had enjoyed our stay. It would be a shame for anyone to miss this fabulous little place in the middle of the craziness of Marrakech!

You can also get sheesha at Maison MK, which was lovely, as lots of places in Marrakech don't serve sheesha.

(Apologies to Maison MK for my birthday candles setting off all the fire alarms!)

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The reviews on here are all spot on. Most amazing meal I've ever had. We decided to push the boat out and spend the night in the riad after our meal and it was absolutely the highlight of our holiday, so much so that we decided to stay for another night. Drinks on a beautiful terrace then we were led down to a stunning dining room. Being the first down we had the choice of the dining room, a beautiful private room or a table by the pool. Not being the most romantic of couples we opted for the dining room and I think this was a good choice as the private room and the pool area were stunning but incredibly warm whereas the dining room was air conditioned and very comfortable. Each course was absolutely wonderful and the waiter explained what each dish was. Service was faultless and yes the chef coming out after the meal for feedback may not be to everybody's liking but hell if I could cook like that I'd want to show my face. Absolutely 100% recommend.

Glasgow
“Best food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The reviews speak for themselves on this restaurant.

Incredible food, incredible staff, incredible experience and at a reasonable price.

Canapes and cocktails (not included in the price) are served on the beautiful terrace, then diners are led down to the ground floor for their dinner. The food was absolutely faultless and without a doubt the best meal I've ever eaten. Staff are attentive and explain the dish to you before you begin. They also wait until everyone is finished until they clear plates or bring in a new course which is nice.

The chef came out after the meal to greet guests and ask for feedback or take questions which was also a really nice touch - it was nice to see the man behind the dishes.

Perfect amount of food as well - 5 small courses. They brought a birthday cake out for one of the other guests which I also thought was a really nice gesture.

After dinner we were able to try a shisha in a lounge area of the restaurant which was a nice experience.

Cannot fault anything in this restaurant and it was the perfect way to spend our final night in Morocco. Definitely worth a visit.

New York City, New York
“Great Food. But only worth it if your sick of the local flavors.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food was impeccable. Worthy of a 5-star restaurant in most major cities around the world. Had it been in NY, they would easily be charging double, and people would be drawn to the restaurant.

However, when in an exotic city like MK, please do yourself a favor first and indulge in the local cuisine. Great Fusion can be found in any major city. AKA, I wish we did a more traditional meal that night because we only had so few nights. But if you're sick of the traditional meals, I can't imagine anything better than this experience. If you can afford it.

• Visited August 2013