“1001 night” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 535 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: European, French, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Description: Fine-dining restaurant at boutique hotel maison mk. Open to internal & external guests for dinner.
Munich, Germany
“1001 night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

we visited mk two times. first time to check the restaurant, second time to spend the anniversary evening of my wife. both times we had great dinners and wonderful evenings. it starts with the place of mk. inside the medina, the last meters you have to go by foot. then you ring the bell and enter a very special place. attentive waiters accompany you to the roof, where you are overlooking marrakesch. there you start your evening with a drink and a starter. later you take place downstairs in the small, but perfect furnished restaurant. all what was serviced, also the way it was serviced, was made with imagination and perfect prepared. o.k., you have to pay for it, but the atmosphere, the service and the quality of the food is it worth. we enjoyed the evenings very well.

92% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wow this place is special!
I would consider myself a bit of a foodie, but I never expected to find the quality and sheer perfection that we received in Mk!
From the first impressions and welcome to the mind blowing setting, the food in my opinion is of Mitchelin star quality!
And to discover that it's a hotel also. If we were to return to Marrakech we would definitely stay here!
Although we only booked dinner, on arrival we were given the grande tour and it was extremely impressive!
Then we were taken up to the roof top garden, with stunning views of Marrakech twinkling in the night and where there was a cocktail bar and we received canapés and viewed the menu.
As I said the food is of mitchelin star quality so don't save yourself for the main course as the menu is perfectly balanced leaving you perfectly satisfied after each course.
The chef even came out and met us all after the meal. The restaurant/ hotel has a relaxing room you can go and unwind after your meal. We went and tried their hubby bubbly there after which was a fun experience.
If visiting Marrakech you simply Must eat here! I have no hesitation in saying that!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

For a real experience of Marrakesh in a truly unique setting, you must try this restaurant.
Beautifully designed, great service and wonderful food.

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and Gastro MK. All of the 5 courses were very tasty. Omar the chef, cooked everything to perfection, and the service was wonderful.

Visited December 2012
London
“Is it Number 1 because of the food?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

They try hard, they are charming, the food is good but very fancy for Marrakech and at Western prices.

They then email you and ask you to give a review and so get to be Number 1 on Trip Advisor. However should it be? I am not sure. I think it was lovely but think for the money there are better choices. After all do I go to Marrakech for this? Perhaps I am being negative but I think that all hotels and restaurants should be on a level paying field in Trip Advisor. Some are excellent but wait for the public to give reviews whereas others market more effectively and get to be at the top.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
paul_at_maisonMK, Owner at Gastro MK at Maison MK, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi David & Jane – I do hope that we are number one because of the food ! You are right, we do try hard & thank you for saying the food is good & the evening was lovely.
We have been number one for the past 2 years & well over 90% of our reviews are excellent or very good and it is hard to convey actually how difficult this is to achieve in Morocco.

Regarding the style of food, we give very comprehensive information to our guests in advance on what to expect on the menu, the price, the timings, the place, how to get to us, request for dietary allergies and cater extremely widely for them. So people come, like you, because they choose to sample what we offer.

It is a totally level playing field on tripadvisor concerning reviews - we receive many emails from Tripadvisor telling us to contact clients asking them to review us – naturally Tripadvisor want the site to be as comprehensive & useful as possible for travellers. And, for our part, we ask all clients to do a review of us – is that a bad idea ? I would have thought it was a good thing for a service based business to ask clients to post reviews about how we did. (We also ask you to complete a small feedback form on the night so we can ensure service & food is always tip-top). So yes I would agree with you that you are being a bit negative.

I am happy to ask for feedback & personally I think it’s a shame that many other restaurants don’t seem to have the same level of interest in whether their clients are having good food in a good restaurant with a good atmosphere. We are all free to ask, or not ask, for client reviews – we choose to ask & for us that is the right choice.

Regards