“A Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Hidden

You added Riad Hidden to your Saves list
Riad Hidden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117, Derb Jamaa | Derb Dabachi, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #274 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Houston, Texas
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We just spent 3 full weeks at this beautiful riad located in the heart of the Medina and we felt at home. Salma went beyond what I would call excellent customer service.
The Riad is very clean, great A.C. , nice shower and the Moroccan accents are to die for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Riad HIdden is really great value for money. I stayed there for 4 nights on my own and I felt really safe there as a woman travelling alone. The location is excellent, you can walk to all the different sights in the Medina. Even though I was alone, I had a room with a big king size bed and a single bed. The courtyard is lovely and the whole place felt like a quiet, peaceful oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the Medina. Salma is an excellent hostess, very helpful and reliable. The only negative thing was that the entire bathroom got flooded every time I took a shower (but this is just the way Moroccan bathrooms are designed - it's the same in authentic Malaysian bathrooms) and the toilet didn't flush properly. Other than that, I really don't have anything to complain about. I would definitely recommend this place, it has a lot of charm and it is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: I had the room between the two yellow chairs on the ground floor facing the courtyard. I loved this...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed two nights in the Hidden. I was put in 2 rooms with a kitchnette even though I was by myself. The first day, I ran out of hot water in the middle of the shower. The shower was part of the bathroom (no separation) and because the drain did not work, one bedroom and the kitchenette were totally flooded. They gave me a different (beautiful) room for the second night but the shower was very poor with virtually no water flow.
The place is pretty and well located. The breakfast was good but the table/chairs a bit unconfortable.
I emailed ahead for help getting to the riad (not easy the first time) and I never got a response.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our party of 4 stayed for 5 nights at Riad Hidden in October, 2012; we took two rooms, one up a flight, one on the ground floor. My wife and I were travelling with a friend who was resident in Chefchaouen, Morocco, and her two-year old girl, who was quite a handful. People at the riad often looked after her when her mother was less than attentive to her explorations, and were always most helpful. We were the only occupants of the riad during the time of our stay. We are somewhat late risers, and it was very nice to have breakfast always readied at our convenience. The rooftop covered dining was always a nice, relaxing experience, with more orange juice and coffee served upon request. The home made yoghurt is excellent, although not prepared every day. The owner, Salma, is most congenial and kind. Apparently she had had a cat that disappeared, so our friend found a very cute little kitten and brought it to Salma as a replacement. It was our understanding that Salma was pleased with the thing and had decided to keep it about. The rooms were very nice, not large but not too small, air conditioned, pretty, and nicely furnished. Lighting in the bathroom was a bit dim in our room. Maid service was top quality. Nearby restaurants Salma recommended were Le Salama and Chez Chegrouni. We ate at both twice. The latter is okay, but nothing special. The former, albeit a bit expensive, was certainly worth it and a great deal of fun, so if you can afford it don't miss it. They have a special couscous night, and my wife felt it the best tagine she had in Morocco. Overall, this moderately priced riad proved to be a very nice temporary domicile, albeit it is in fact a bit difficult to find at night. Carefully note how to return to it when you leave it the first time, and pay attention to the stores near the entrance to the alley on which it's located.

Room Tip: If you want a very quiet room, I'd suggest getting the one upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hidden Riad during the Christmas Holiday season. It was a wonderful experience. We we were warmly greeted upon arrival. The location was excellent. Our hostess Selma, gave us great recommendations to get oriented and helped us set up a couple of unforgettable tours. We had a wonderful breakfast each morning. I would recommend the Hidden Riad to anyone staying in Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2012
northern michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this place! So much ambience and excellent service. Selma is a dear and extremely helpful in guiding us with good info and recommendations! It is close to everything we wanted to do, along with good restaurants and so much nearby to explore! The Medina is fabulous and thanks to her we had very good trips outside of Marekkesh as well. The rooms are very clean, decorated nicely, adequate linens, needs a tiny bit of TLC, but this did not interfere with our pleasure there. I only say this because some people are too fussy and want a five star for the price of a two! Breakfasts are yummy including the homemade yogurt and arabic bread! My son loved the fresh orange juice and coffee. We all agreed we would return to Riad Hidden!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and loved it there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Everything was fantastic!The breakfast was homemade and the owner Shalma make us feel like our home,The right place to stay in Marraches !! The rooms are very clean and the Riad is in a good location.
Thanks Shalma for everything!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends