“good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Casablanca, Morocco
“good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

confort food in a very well decorated place.
service and quality of food are consistant.
not the finest cuisine in town but it's very good value for money.
pasta are really al dente and ingredients are fresh.
a place we recommend

88% Recommend
  • Turkish first
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel we were a little unsure what to expect having read some of the recent reviews.
However, from start to finish our meal for 2 adults and 2 teenagers was faultless.
We had brochette and small pizzas as starters - all fresh and nice.
For mains we had 2 risotto's and 1 lemon chicken - my wife wanted salmon with pasta - not on the menu but created for her anyway.
Deserts were tiramasu and a fabulous take on apple crumble with vanilla ice cream.
Finished with 1 cup of tea and a bill of around £25 per head including 2 bottles of water and a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
Great service and excellent value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morocco
“Just another "design over substance" restaurant in Marrakech!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have dined here 3 times in total, the second time was to be my last. However, I was persuaded recently to give it another go as I was told that they have a new Italian Chef.

The decor is pleasant enough, sleek, modern and stylish but as we all now with italian restaurants its all about the food.

We were a group of friends having lunch and the restaurant was very quite. We looked at the menu whilst dipping warm bread rolls in good olive oil but nothing was jumping off the page for any of us. Most of us ordered the two course set lunch menu the others ordered a pasta and a risotto off the Carte to see what the "Italian Chef" is doing?

There was no choice on the set lunch menu which I found limited as most other places in Marrakech have at least two or more options to choose from at this price point. "Eggplant Parmigiana" came as three thick slices of soft but oily Eggplant with a tiny bit of tomato sauce, some tasteless low-moisture mozzarella and sauce "wipey wipey". It had all the wrong textures, flavours and had no seasoning, a disservice to this dish which when done properly can be delicious. Next up Fusilli with tomato sauce, capers and olives which was exactly that. This dish wasn't exactly creative nor tasty. The sauce tasted flat and watery, the pasta was cooked on the point but was cold, so was everyone else's main's. We returned our Fusilli's to the kitchen to make it hot, it re-apeared after a while plates volcanic hot and leaving jet black rings of dirt on the white table clothes as if the pasta was reheated on the plates in a dirty oven (a lazy way to reheat food). Other main courses were Saffron risotto, what came was a plate of rice with no saffron taste or colour. Perplexed, we all took turns to try the risotto. The rice was not risotto rice more like uncle ben's, the other dish off the carte was was a combination of calamarata pasta in a seafood cream based sauce that didn't eat well. Next deserts. The set menu does not offer three courses, I dont know why, strange really. Pannacotta with Orange served in a glass with more sauce "wipey wipey". The Pannacotta had way too much gelatine (the ultimate culinary crime for a pannacotta), tasted slightly sour and not a trace of vanilla anywhere. Over coffee's we discussed the lunch. In general we all felt disappointed with the lunch and both my prior experiences were just as disappointing when ordering off the a la carte menu.

Also a peeve of mine is this growing attitude that basic Moroccan wines and Beers in Marrakech restaurants are marked up at 300%+ cost price. When good imported Italian wines are cheaper than a basic Moroccan wine something is wrong and its just ripping customers off.

You can eat much better italian food in Marrakech than here and there are better restaurants with more creative and cheaper set lunch menus in Marrakech such as L'Annexe just across the road from here and Le Zinc. For me, Ultimo Baccio is just another design over substance restaurant in Marrakech and that was definitely my last visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“BEFORE SAINT VALENTINE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Well i always try to go to romantic places that can make feel close to Italy ; To me and my girlfriend. What i can say? ,is that we feel very ,very at home the service excellent , the quality of the food excellent ,goooood wine,I love the screen projecting all movies of Sophia Lorentz, Marcelo Mastronianni ,During our dinner Paolo the manager of the Ultimo Baccio make us a bit company,He is a very nice person ,easy going ,keeping absolutely control,and making work all in perfect harmony and time , decoration Very nice .we will come back many others times,we loved,and enjoyed.we will come back to IL Ultimo Baccio , but for sure not for my girlfriend and I The Last kiss,and yes! many ,many more!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingston upon Hull, UK
“Not at all a restaurant that I can recommend!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

L’Ultimo Bacio is far from the medina where we were staying, and you need a taxi with the adventure that this means in Marrakesh..To have the meter on, you should make a battle! The furnishings is modern and pleasant, but being the space quite small we were a lot disturbed here as well by the several smokers...The service was a bit of a mess..Definitely nobody understands English in a sufficient way to explain the dishes...Our wine was on the table, but not the water ordered at the same time and that finally arrived with the main courses. The food was far from our expectations: We had mozzarella that had rubber consistency...When I complained about this I was told that it was not the authentic mozzarella despite that was reported as mozzarella in the menu. The main courses were even worse: My fried calamari had a strange taste and after the second trial I stopped to eat them, much probably the oil was reheated too many times and the waiter explained that the calamari were...frozen: Thing once more not reported at all in the menu.

My friend had vitel tonne...a catastrophe! The slices of meat were so thin, dried and without taste that I wonder how an Italian chef can serve such a dish!

Last, but not for importance the prices are dear: Not at all a place that I can recommend!

• Visited December 2012