“Fantastic hotel 5*quality with brilliant staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Renaissance

You added Hotel La Renaissance to your Saves list
Hotel La Renaissance
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Angle Bld Zerktouni et Mohamed V Gueliz | Gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #369 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel 5*quality with brilliant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

An absolutely perfectly located hotel, close enough to the madness of the souks but far enough to enjoy the city in peace! The staff went out of their way to help with matters from food, travel and a lost phone! Breakfast on the rooftop was an ideal touch and we even enjoyed a dinner at the restaurents which included a choice of french/spanish and moroccan cuisines.
Rooms were cleaned daily and our even included a balcony.
Definitely recommend this hotel for any traveller wishing to enjoy a pleasant enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Derwood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Marroned in Marocco by a canceled flight I met the general manager of this hotel in the bar of another hotel. He gave me his card and I investigated. I found a nice hotel at a lower price (-33%) This place was wonderful! The 7th story deck gave great views of the city and the snow capped Atlas Mo0untains beyond. I felt that I was at the place from the movie Casablanca, and Rick was the man. The staff was friendly and the resturants were wonderful with great food and fair prices. I would book here for my next visit!

Room Tip: all rooms are great for the price sellected.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Travelled in group of nine though originally it was only eight. Hotel was very helpful in finding a room fro my daughter who decided to join us at the last minute. Specially Hasan at the reception was very helpful. They even sent a bell boy to escort my daughter to and fro from our hotel to hers.
Standard rooms are on the small side. My husband and I were upgraded to a superior room with a view which was very nice. Restaurant bar was very nice too and served a lovely breakfast.

Location of the hotel was ideal . situated in the Gueliz area but within walking distance to the square, with the tour buses starting just oppossite the hotel. There are quite a few reasonable restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Superior rooms and corner suites have nice layouts and are spacious. It is worth paying a little ext...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located for exploring the city whilst being away from the very busiest part. Great for those who want bars nearby, with the fabulous terrace bar at the top of the hotel providing the icing on the cake! Great staff, good sized rooms, but the traffic is a little noisy, so beware if you're a light sleeper! Would definitely recommend and would use this as a base again if I return to Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced but not 4* unfortunately I did not heed the many warnings here on trip advisor and went ahead and booked this hotel with my partner.

As I sit here with the balcony door open (no air con) I can without a doubt warn you against coming here!

The staff are not very attentive as when we arrived for check in (and every other time we are at the reception desk) we had to stand and patiently wait for attention whilst personal conversations were wrapped up.

The room is a reasonable size, nice decor with a balcony. However the bedding was dirty with grease marks, yellow tinged and questionable black marks. We asked to have the bedding changed...a man came up to change the duvet and told us the pillow cases and base sheet would be changed 'tomorrow' they were not!

We called the reception three times over the course of two days to have our fridge looked at because it was hot. No one came until our third request...after looking at the fridge and fiddling with the light bulb we were told the fridge was working....it wasn't. On the fourth call the fridge was exchanged for one in working order.

The air con only gives off heat...and by our second night the red light which indicates that it's on stopped working completely. As we could still here the motor running we were told its fine and the cool function should begin shortly....it didn't. When my partner called and requested to change rooms he was told by the receptionist that she was unable to change our room because the manager wasn't there but he'd be able to help us 'tomorrow'. I then went down to reception and asked to be moved as the rooms were extremely hot and with the balcony door open it is very noisy. The receptionist informed me that the air conditioning in the whole hotel was not working and a technician from Casablanca would be arriving 'tomorrow'

The pool on the 6th floor was infact a pigeon bath, the staff on the 6th floor restaurant just ignore you. The breakfast was uninspiring...boiled eggs, bread, jams and some fruit, accompanied by flies.

I have struggled to find any redeeming factors but will close in saying,avoid at all costs, spend your money and time elsewhere! There were several easily rectified issues many of which (clean bedding and service) should not have been issues... we were either ignored, lied to or told 'tomorrow' as if we'd somehow forget... At la renaissance tomorrow never comes.

• Stayed March 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

La Renaissance Hotel in Marrakech is a fantastic hotel in the French part of Marrakech. We had an incredible stay - everything was perfect, room (we were upgraded to the suite which was amazing!), hotel, staff, breakfast, view from bar. Overall brilliant experience. Only downside was that it is quite far from the Medina/Souks (20-30 min walk or short taxi ride) and that the prices in this side of town are London/Paris prices - so 3-4 times the cost of eating in the Medina. The pool was also too cold to use and we did not use the Spa which was a little pricey (not bad for a hotel though).

Additionally, there was one negative/disappointing point: Upon returning home to the UK - Hassan (the receptionist) who I spoke to only a couple of times, had sent me 12 text messages to my private phone - some of these messages were in-appropriate and some quite aggressive because I had not replied to his initial text message. This is very disappointing as he was a perfect member of staff during our stay and his hospitality was excellent. It is unclear why he had access to my personal details and used them in this way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a fantastic place, great staff, friendly atmosphere an talk about going the extra mile, nothing was too much for the guys here. I was made to feel very welcome and everybody had a smile. Great food, good selection of beer (average sort of price for out in Marrakech), and live sports. I watched Champions league, premiership, la ligament and RBS 6 nations. Very sad to leave the place. Well done to all the staff :-)

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hotel La Renaissance? Share your experiences!