“Absolutely Brilliant! Definitely Recommend!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Offer-Deal on Deal
Ranked #97 of 470 Hotels in Marrakech
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Brilliant! Definitely Recommend!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I chose this Riad based upon the great ratings and reviews it has on here; I wasn't disappointed!

This was my first holiday without parents and I went with my girlfriend for a week, which I would say is a good length of time to stay for. We decided not to book through a company and directly e-mailed the Riad using the link on here. Manuela replied promptly and it was incredibly easy to book and place a deposit down. She also was quick to reply and very accommodating; even organising additional trips for us, such as a private 4x4 trip to the Atlas mountains and camel riding with an exclusive meal at a local house. Both trips I would fervently advise doing!

We arrived late in the evening (typical Ryan air) and were promptly picked up from the airport to the Riad. Unlike hotels, where you have to deal with booking in and collecting keys before you can relax, the Monriad immediately welcomed us and had already set the table and prepared dinner. After giving us time to relax and unwind after a stressful day of travelling, they then gave us information on Morocco and Marrakech itself. They showed us, on a map they provided, places of interest depending upon what interested us; for example I love history and so they showed us historical monuments and museums, but my girlfriend loves shopping and so they told us about the souks and showed us where the best markets were.

Manuela, Hossny and all of the other staff are incredibly friendly, easily approachable and genuinely nice people. The Riad, like a lot of reviews already say, really was like a sanctuary and provided a direct contrast to the manic hustle and bustle of the Jemaa el-Fnna, which was only a 3 minute walk away. We always felt safe and secure in the Riad, on the last day the cleaner, who always had a smile on her face, even ran after us with my phone which I'd accidently left behind! The terrace was beautiful, and due to the modest size of the Riad, we were often the only ones up there.

Breakfast was lovely, and included: freshly baked bread, Moroccan pancakes, freshly squeezed orange juice, roasted coffee, homemade yoghurt and jam. It was a wonderful start to every day and they served from 8ish to 10ish and so you could make your way down at any time. The dinner they also made was absolutely fantastic too! However, Manuela also showed us her favourite places to eat in the city, which were equally as nice. I would also advise eating at the stalls in the Jemaa el-Fnna because they were very quick, very cheap, and very nice .

All in all, I cannot praise and recommend the Monriad enough, its as beautiful as the pictures and really has a feeling of a traditional Moroccan home with each room decorated differently. If you're planning on visiting Marrakech, I would definitely advise avoiding hotels and always opting for a Riad. And I personally think that the best Riad is undoubtedly the Monriad!

I hope I have done it justice!

We will definitely be returning some day!

Ciaran and Francesca

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Grant ,
Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at MonRiad. What a pleasure to be staying for leisure for a week, then you get the opportunity to experience the best of Marrakech, and all of the excellent amenities the hotel has to offer. The hotel is ideally located in the cultural heart of Marrakech near to many of the must-see sights, . We are delighted you enjoyed amazing customer service, as the team at MonRiad are very much looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Visited this Riad in person before choosing as it had a good rating and location. I liked the rooms and the common areas plus they were very accommodating to my requirements so I stayed. Was only meant to be a week, but was a very comfortable place to stay for a while so ended up being 3.5 weeks. Its good because:
- Italian owners and their staff are very hospitable and reasonable in the way they operate
- The rooms are large and very tastefully decorated in a Moroccan manner.
- The bathrooms/shower area are typically quite large and well appointed.
- Location is ideal. Quiet. Everything close from here.
- Overall a very comfortable place to stay where you get treated well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Theo,
Thanks for your commentary, we are very happy to see that you’ve appreciated our rooms and decorations. We are pleased that you’ve noticed the central position of our Riad and the kindness of our staff. Was a pleasur to have you like a guest. Hoping to see you soon in Marrakech
Best Regards
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friend and I just returned from four nights at MonRiad. We had a wonderful experience. Manuela is very hospitable and willing to go above and beyond to provide a good service for her guests. All of the staff is extremely friendly and we especially enjoyed the hospitality from our new friend Hossny, who is very kind, professional, and great to have a conversation with in English, French, or Arabic about Moroccan life.
Overall, we found that MonRiad had everything we could have wanted for our stay in Marrakech, and we would recommend it to anyone and look forward to coming back!
Very clean, perfectly located, and homey.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Julien

Thank you for the superb comments on our staff and location. We are very close to the Big Square. I am glad you like our breakfast and service. For our staff your opinion is very important . We hope you visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I spent 5 days in Monriad....the place is cozy and friendly, with an excelent breakfeast and a very confortable terrace. The location is very central, near the main atractions, buses stop, jemma el fna...summarizing, is one of the best locations in the medina. The italian familly was very friendly as also all the morocan staff. Thanks for everything, for sure I'll come back. Paula Bordelo

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MonRiad, Propriétaire at MonRiad, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Dear Paula,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at MonRiad with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Riad. Good comments such as yours are really important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon in Marrakech, for business or leisure, we remain,

with best regards,

Manuela
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Having had a colleague stay there and advised I stay there on my visit to Marrakech I figured I would give it a try. I contacted them by email and received an almost immediate response from Manuela. We agreed on a time and place to meet and was greated by Samia. Upon entering the Riad I was in heaven. It was a beautiful hidden gem. I absolutely loved the place. Its close enough to the markets and the square but just outside enough and very relaxing. It was great to come back from a day at the souks and just relax. The rooms were comfortable, the staff are the most kind and accommodating people I have ever met while travelling and were very friendly. I had the pleasure to stay at both of their riads which were amazing. And the rooftop terrace was a beautiful zen like touch. While there, the gentleman who assists at the second riad provided me the absolute best breakfast spread. Overall, I really cannot get over what an amazing place this is. Not only are the accommodations fantastic, the staff are absolutely amazing. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone who goes to Marrakech. Manuela, Barbara, Luca, Samia and everyone else. Thank you! You truly made my stay memorable!

-Matt from Canada

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
MonRiad, Propriétaire at MonRiad, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Dear Matt,

with best regards,

Manuela
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great location, cosy environment. Spotless rooms. Breakfast absolutely stunning with Italian black coffee, perfect in order to face the lively Marrakech, homemade jams and yogurt, fruits and orange juice freshly squeezed. It was all perfect except for a tiny misunderstanding: as we were landing in Marrakech really late, we booked the hotel transfer from the airport to the city and we were expecting to be picked up from someone who unfortunately never showed up. We sorted it out differently and got to the hotel at 2 am. That may suggest them to pay more attention when choosing collaborators and staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at MonRiad. Perfect in order to face the lively Marrakech
Please accept my apologies for the tiny misunderstanding about the transfert .
Thank you for your honest feedback, We appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience and improve the services we offer our guests.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

A wonderful experience in the heart of the Medina. The Monriad is really well situated to explore the sights and sounds on your doorstep but the beauty of the Monriad is it is tucked away so you feel as though you are away from the hustle and bustle of the square and souks.
The Monriad was spotlessly clean and rooms comfortable and well designed with plenty of space. The icing on the cake was the fabulous staff who made my holiday ... thanks to Luca, Manuela, Samia and my beautiful smiley huggable NADIA !!!! :-D
Luca .. please tell Nadia i am missing her lots !!! :-D
I highly recommend if you plan to visit Marrakech that you stay at the Monriad .. superb !!
Sheila (Karen & Debbie)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
ear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your time at MonRiad.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at MonRiad and that you will definitely be joining us again. Thank you for your kind words regarding the fantastic service that you experienced from making your reservation with us. I will be sure to personally pass on your thanks to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to MonRiad.

Kind regards,

Been to MonRiad? Share your experiences!