“Wonderfully Welcoming, Genuinely Hospitable!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Direct Booking Offer
Ranked #85 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Coquitlam, Canada
“Wonderfully Welcoming, Genuinely Hospitable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Not only is this riad wonderfully welcoming and genuinely hospitable, it is impeccably clean and tastefully decorated. The staff are exceptionally helpful and accommodating; absolutely no sleaze!
The breakfast is lovely, freshly prepared and tasty. There is good/free WiFi and the riad is ideally located down a quite alley, close to nearby sites. In many ways this riad is an anomaly to what you find/experience in much of Morocco. If going to Marrakech, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in early Feb for a short break in the sun. Great location, and really useful to have Luca on hand to give us tips on what to see and what to avoid. We also had mint tea and dinner on arrival, which was absolutely delicious and the perfect start to the holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 days in MonRiad, with two kids. The riad is cosy and very close to all the main attractions of Marrakech. The room is well decorated and comfortable.
But the most important thing is the team that works at the riad they're lovely. The las night we had party time at the riad with a local music group and our kids loved it dancing with the music until bed time (at ten thirty the party ended).
We really recommend this place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Este Riad es menos de 5 minutis lejos de Jemaa el Fna y es muy bonito y tradicional. Estuve ahi por 4 noches y mi experencia estaba muy bien, La gente trabajando ahi son muy amables y el Riad es muy limpio. Por la noches el jefe hecho una fuego, en el salon hay una chimenea. El desayuno estabe bien tambien!
Seguro la proxima ves me voy a quedarme alli.

This riad is less than 5 minutes from the Jemaa el Fna and is really interesting and traditional. I was there for 4 nights and my experience was very good. The team working there are very helpful and the riad is very clean. During the evenings a fire was set in the lounge where there is a nice chimney. Breakfast was good too!
For sure the next time I will stay here.

Altrincham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great Riad.

The location is excellent and the hospitality even more so. After I booked I was emailed and offered an airport transfer. I'm a seasoned traveller but in this case I made use of the transfer and was met at the airport with a name card. Marrakech is a complex city so I recommend the transfer you will be offered. Made to feel very welcome from the minute I arrived. I arrived late at night and Luka waited up for me and took the time to explain the map and directions for my morning plans.

It is only a few minutes walk to Jemma El Fna but you WILL get lost at some point. That is part of the fun of this amazing city. The view from the roof terrace is excellent.

Room (single) was excellent. A full size double bed for just me. Cleaned and turned over everyday. Not just cleaned but clothes organised and hung up whilst I was outs sightseeing. Thank you ladies x. All staff, including housekeeping, are friendly and will always great you with smile.

Breakfast is delicious. Coffee that you will love (I'm a coffee freak) and it will keep you going for a week. This lace has everything you need. Food, coffee, water, beer....

I felt welcome and safe and secure here. Front door is locked but the riad is manned 24hours. Somebody will always be there for you. Book it. You'll love it.

Tip- the door bell is a not a door bell. It's a light switch. I realised this after ringing it for several minutes. Blame the local beer from Kosybar for my confusion.

Room Tip: Single rooms are double beds.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The riad is at the heart of the Medina, so location-wise it is fantastic (even if tricky to find, but this is almost inevitable). Service, as others have indicated here before, is also very good. Personal and accommodating. I would not have anything to complain in that regard, except for the inconvenience of being in the middle of the shower and realize there was no shampoo or soap available (I was given a small shampoo for the first night, not replaced for the second; no soap was ever provided). Although annoying, this is obviously something simple to fix.

What did not work well for me and would be harder to fix is the location of my bedroom, next to central area of the riad, where customers meet for breakfast and any other activities. Waking up at 7am with the preparation of the tables for breakfast was surely not an ideal experience. The feeling is that everything happened inside my room. As I had many other things to do, I didn't bother to ask for a different room, but this was quite annoying. Either something is done to that room to isolate the exterior noise, or it should be transformed into something else other than a room.

One last point. As we arrive, Lucca tells us we should not pay more than 20-30 dirham for a taxi. If it is to a far away location, not more than 50 dirham. This is quite useful information as we always have to bargain with the taxi drivers. But then the hotel itself charges customers 165 to arrange a taxi to the airport. It does not sound right, does it?

Room Tip: As high as possible, and not at all in the ground floor.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed in the Monriad for 2 nights,when we arrived to the riad it was under refurbishment this was not notified on their website,when we spoke to the person in charge whiled we checked in,he recommended us to go out for the day as it was going to be noisy till at least 7!this was not our first time in Marrakech and our planned was to relax in the riad thats why we booked it,the person in charge was not very helpful or professional the housekeeper and the chef were very friendly.
We organised a pick up trhough the riad this was over price they charged us 200 mad,on the way back we organised our own pick up with a local taxi for only 70.
Drinks in the hotel were also over price,local beer served on a can.

The riad location was good and clean.

• Stayed December 2013
MonRiad, Manager at MonRiad, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review dear guest. I would like to remind you that our professionality, organised you a transfer when you booked at 2 o'clock in the morning, and your arrive was that day at 11.
I remind that the staff of Monriad, according to the policies, leaves always free the custumer to leave in case of unsatisfaction, therefore we agreed with you that you were free to leave in the evening if you were still unsatisfied. At your return, you agreed to end your staying at Monriad because everything was fine. Furthermore, the manager in charge answered to all your question about the city and excursion, suggesting place to go out; offering you also a plate from the menu. All the staff of the Monriad is always helpful and ready to satisfy the needs of ther costumer as the other reviews can confirm and so they will always be.

Been to MonRiad? Share your experiences!