“always great and fab value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 539 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: European, French, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Weekly Closing on Sundays and Mondays.
berlin
“always great and fab value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I eat here whenever I am in Marrakech - the atmosphere is relaxed, the management always present and friendly and the food great value and extremely tasty.
This is my preferred french restaurant in Marrakech - no pretention, no over priced wine list - just good value for money in a modern environment in the modern part of Marrakech. Closed on Sundays and offering a great value set lunch - would not miss this ever.
Bon Appetit - it is marvellous.

Visited October 2013
Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'ANNEXE, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your message and your contribution for " l'Annexe " on Tripadvisor. Olivier BIANCIOTTO

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have just returned from an all inclusive holiday to Marrakesh with my partner and we visited this restaurant on our last night. We were not disappointed.

The service was very good. We did have to wait a while whilst our starters were being cooked but we were in no rush and were given plenty of nibbles whilst we waited. The owner was very attentive and personable as were the waiters.

The décor was cool and very modern which was a nice contrast to the typical Moroccan restaurant / cafe's.

We arrived at 8pm and were the only couple in the restaurant so anyone looking for more atmosphere should book later as the restaurant became busier at 9-10pm.

The food was amazing. We ate 3 delicious courses each including foie gras, steak and crème brulee. The portions were huge and by the end we were stuffed!

The cost for the two of us, 3 courses each with a bottle of wine and water cost around £65 in total which was great value for money considering the food quality and portion size.

If only we'd found it sooner - we would have definitely gone back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'ANNEXE, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
“Great steak, very nice owner and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Last night in Marrakech, tired of tajinnes, we looked for something familiar, and we found it. We had a starter (+- 70 d), steak (+-150d) and wine (+- 160 d). And we loved it. Steak was cooked to perfection. Staff was very nice, they made sure during every course that we enjoyed our meal. If you're looking for a nice evening away from the busy city and great food, you should check out this place.

Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'ANNEXE, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
“A negative experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We discovered this restaurant the evening of our visit to the Ultimo Baccio. They are in the same street. The restaurant looks good, but the service is not the most friendly, in fact it becomes quite rude when you claim that a dish is not at the level of your expectations. The food was a big disappointment ... The salad was almost wilted, and the prawns by the taste certainly of dubious freshness.
The waiter took back our plates still half-full and the owner is not even come to see what was wrong.
One more negative experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'ANNEXE, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
thank you for your message and your contribution to the Annex on Tripadvisor.
I'm really sorry that such a situation could happen, because to be honest I am personally responsible for servicing and I do not remember this incident because actually when a plate returns to be consumed without cooking, I concerned to understand what happened.
I do not remember either English customers we have expressed dissatisfaction.
Being the owner of the establishment and knowing the difficulty to sustain his business, I deal with a lot of attention all of my clients, apart from those that I did not want to see again.
At my age I want to take a bit of fun to do what I do without any particular constraint, I have the chance to do this job without the worry of "drawer".
Sorry again for "your negative experience"
Olivier BIANCIOTTO
Rock Creek
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

After two weeks in Morocco we were ready for something different. L'Annexe more than did the job. We walked (our hotel was 10 minutes away) and easily found the restaurant. We were immediately welcomed and seated. The menu and an offer of drinks soon followed. My wife ordered duck confit and I ordered a steak. The duck was beautifully presented and very good. The steak (rump) was far better than I expected. Both came with a very nice green salad and fried medallions of potato. After finishing wine, we ordered desert. These were a tatin and brioche, both of which were excellent. Not too sweet and beautifully presented. Service was always available, but not overbearing. The bill before a tip was about 600 dirham, which considering the meals we have had on this trip, was excellent value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'ANNEXE, responded to this review, September 29, 2013