“Stunned! *****” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Stunned! *****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed with a couple of friends in June 2014 and was absolutely stunned. We booked what I considered to be a budget holiday and experienced what was actually some of the best service and accommodation ever. I have stayed in 5 star luxury Secrets brand hotels and also the best Vegas hotels and this was honestly ranked in the same way!

We were able to book the hotel transfer with the hotel via email prior to our arrival which was great and was completely safe and hassle free. I was mostly impressed with the service as the driver was polite and efficient. For those worried about tipping and the expectation from people, this was not an issue at all as the driver was more than happy to help with luggage without additional payment/tipping.

On arrival were we given some lovely mint tea in the reception area and escorted to our rooms, we were impressed with the room as we had our own private hut outside that was beautifully furnished and clean. We had our own sun loungers in our private garden that led out to the pool as well as the luxuriously comfortable sun beds that were on offer around the 2 pools. The pool service was great as waiters took drink orders and outside towels were provided without even having to ask.

We booked an excursion through the hotel to the Ouzod waterfalls and we were quoted a set price where we were told that the payment was to be given to the driver, the driver was great and friendly and upon arrival the the waterfall he introduced us to a man who was our tour guide. The guide tried to increase the price of the trip when he saw us but we managed to challenge this so be careful. The tour was great and an experience that I would recommend, the tour guide was so good that we did tip him extra in the end!

Some people are complaining about the free shuttle bus that the hotel offers into the medina, I don't understand what negatives can be drawn from this, it is a free service that most other hotels do not provide and is so convenient and efficient. It does not take long at all and the guidelines that the hotel offer are exactly what is provided. We stayed out a little later than the shuttle bus runs for so we happily booked the private taxi from the hotel to stay on the safe side and we were happy to be collected by the same driver who took us to the waterfalls.

In terms of food, it was amazing! The breakfast was included free and there was a great selection of fresh fruit and pastries along with a few hot meats and eggs. If I remember correctly my friend was able to order an omelette to order which is always nice at hotels. We had lunch and dinner at the hotel quite a few times and enjoyed sampling different dishes with the help and explanations from the waiters.

Our flight was after check out so they extended our room stay for as long as possible before we had to vacate the room (free of charge!) We then left our rooms in reception whilst enjoying our last bit of sun and then we were able to use the spa facilities to shower and freshen up before our flight. I was delighted at this as I was very worried about what we were going to do before our flight but the staff were more than accommodating.

Finally I will mention the owner of the hotel, he is very friendly and will always aim to please. He often asked us how our stay was and recommended restaurants to us based on what we wanted, we were very pleased with this as as a result of his help we had a fantastic night out. Definitely seek advice from the hotel staff if you need help finding a spot to visit at night.

I never really visit the same place twice but if I did return to Marrakech I would definitely go back here! Pretty much faultless.

Room Tip: Try and get an outside hut by the pool!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had an amazing few days at this beautiful hotel in Marrakech, Everything about it was perfect for us, the peace and quiet, the comfy bed, lovely air conditioning, the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, the food was excellent and the environment was very relaxing and chilled.

We needed a break and we received just that - perfect to read by the pool on a very comfy day bed with drinks and an umbrella - what more could you need?

We had a trip into the town centre, visited the medina and souk, had an amazing dinner at a beautiful riyadh recommended by the hotel and hopped onto the free hotel shuttle bus home.

We will definitely be coming back, to find somewhere so lovely, away from it all and with such excellent service, and all only 3 hours from Gatwick to be on another continent felt very decadent!

Room Tip: We had a garden room, which was lovely. We had a peek at a room with a private pool and thought it...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very good hotel about 15 mins from the airport and about the same to the medina. They have a free shuttle which was flexible and very good.

Breakfast was a good standard, excellent breads, cake and pastry selection, good lunch and very nice Moroccan dishes for dinner.

The pool area is very good, great sun loungers (big double beds) and the chap who lays your towels out for you was always very quick appearing from nowhere regularly as we arrived!

The Spa is excellent. We had a wonderful couples traditional Hammam and massage package, good value and I can highly recommend both, in fact I would go as far to say they are a must if you are staying in the hotel.

We stayed in a garden suite and I can highly recommend them, they are well appointed and you walk straight out on to the pool. I did see a balcony room which was perfectly nice as well.

While you are not in the Medina it is only a 10/15 min drive and the cabs were about 100DH each way which I'm sure was overcharging us as tourists but is less than £8 so can live with it to come and go as you please without having a fight over £3 every time you need to get to the pool!

As everyone has said the staff are really very good, the restaurant manager and the owner stand out! The owner is on site a great deal of the time, he is a charming man and always checking with guests that they are enjoying their stay and everything is going well. He went out of his way to help us with printing some documents I needed and really was friendly and professional, as good as you will find anywhere in the world.

When we stayed there were several families with very young children and a few couples.

The cocktails could have been better as could the selection of spirits but for a country that doesn't drink they had a good stab at it!

For the price I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family for a long weekend in the sun.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was in Marrakech for 4 nights and stayed at Sirayane Hotel. It's one of the loveliest hotels I've stayed in, mainly because of the wonderful staff who couldn't do enough for us.

The location was exactly what we wanted - just outside of the madness of central Marrakech, but easily accessible via the hotel's free shuttle service.

Breakfast was complimentary (and excellent) and the wide range of lunch and dinner options meant that we were spoilt for choice.

We were upgraded on arrival and had a gorgeous room - well equipped, with balcony.

I can't compliment the staff enough. Definitely the best service I've ever received. It was so relaxing - I didn't lift a finger in 4 days.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Everything you read on here about Sirayane is absolutely true !! The staff are awesome can't do enough for you and the beautiful grounds of the hotel leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. This place is beautiful it is somewhere I would recommend to friends and family and would not hesitate to revisit again!!

Thanks to all the staff at Sirayane.

Stayed July 2014
Houthulst, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

very good service, very good food, very kindly staff. Our stay in the hotel was very good, including everything, the service, the food and the accommodations. We surely could go back tot this hotel. This was a very good hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are ok. we stayed in a room with the "pool" on our side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed for 4 days in July 2014 and had the most wonderful time. There are many wonderful qualities this gem of a hotel has but the best has to be the staff, so welcoming, friendly and attentive. Always on hand and nothing is too much trouble.

The pool guy is an extra bonus I had not experienced in other hotels, running out as soon as he sees you eyeing up a lounger, laying out towels (provided by the hotel) and placing the umbrella exactly where you want it. The restaurant and bar staff likewise were also friendly, I was so impressed with there professionalism, especially as it was Ramadan and they were unable to eat any of the delicious food themselves during the day, yet always served us with a smile! As a vegetarian I had concerns about being able to find something on the menu, I simply explained my dietary requirements to the restaurant manager and they fixed me up something specially but still keeping a Moroccan theme. The food is some of the best I have ever tasted.

The pool was warm and there were plenty of loungers for everyone, it never seemed too busy or loud. The decor inside the hotel has clearly had a lot of time care and attention put into it as it is absolutely beautiful, the massive traditional doors to the main areas from the central courtyard were a particularly impressive sight.

The rooms were kept clean and were also beautifully designed, the mini-bar was well priced and there were fresh towels put out everyday. We stayed in a suite but I have my eye on one of the rooms with a private garden for next time!

We visited the spa during our stay and had a traditional Hammam, the staff were helpful and the treatment was lovely and it helps your tan. The wifi in the hotel was great and I am even writing this review while I wait for the hotel arranged shuttle bus to take us to the airport, I said I was writing a nice review to the charming hotel owner as he passed and before we knew it some mint tea and Moroccan pastries appeared as a thank you.

If you fancy an oasis of calm and tranquility just outside of the hustle and bustle of Central Marrakech then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Any room is going to be beautiful but the ones with their own private garden seem the best. Right by...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!