“Superb stay but expensive !” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route D'Amezmiz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #64 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
“Superb stay but expensive !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We arrived late Monday and were upgraded which was lovely.
A luxurious place and peaceful (not adult only sadly) when the kids weren't about.
Staff v attentive and owner always asked about the stay. 10% added to spa and bar bills which were expensive to begin with.

Excellent spot, well done ! Sad to leave.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

776 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
St. Clement, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was an excellent hotel. The food was first rate and the service was second to none. We spent four days there in April and did not want to leave. The service from all the waiters and the pool attendant was the best we have experienced and even the manager and owner came around every day to check that things were ok for us. If you get the chance to go to this wonderful and peaceful hotel away from the excitement of the centre of Marrakech then we would highly recommend it.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I chose this hotel based on previous reviews and was not disappointed. This hotel is situated around 3 miles from the city. I went here for a short break with my wife and daughter aged 2. Upon arrival and entering the hotel grounds, a huge door opened up and we was greeted by the manager. We were offered a traditional Moroccan tea and our bags taken to our room. Our room ( number 104) had an amazing pool side view with the mountains on the horizon. The room was modern and had a romantic feeling. We had a rose petal on our bed which was a nice touch. The cleaner cleaned our room twice a day and on one occasion it was cleaned in our absence even though we left a 'do not disturb' sign hung on the door. The breakfast was your usual but without hash browns and baked beans. We had an omlette every morning which was superb. There was two pools, one slightly warmer than the other and perfect for my young daughter. It was extremely quiet near the pool side as there were not any other children. Majority of the guests were couples only. The hotel had a small gym with the basics and had a spa which in my opinion was expensive. It was approximately £90 per person for a couple of treatments. The hotel did not have a steam room or sauna. It had a sports bar and a pool table. One game of pool cost around £1.50. I decided on breakfast only and had lunch and dinner at the medina so can't comment on the food although a sandwich would cost you in the region of £7. The shuttle to and from the hotel was efficient and punctual with around 5 trips to the medina a day. If you do go to the city via taxi then you should pay no more than 100 dirhams (around £7.50). We decided to book a private taxi booked online (holiday UFO) in advance for our transfers. The cost of this to and from the airport was £28 whereas the hotel was charging 40 euros for the same service. I would definitely recommend using holiday UFO for your transfers.
On one occasion we requested milk for my daughter and this was brought to our room straight away without any additional cost. If you are looking for a peaceful, romantic getaway then this is the perfect place. Bear in mind the tours run by the hotel are expensive. A tour booked via the hotel would cost you nearly twice as much then if booked via Thompson.
I would score this hotel 4 and a half out of five.

Room Tip: Room 104 for a picturesque view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for five nights over the Easter holiday. This little hotel truly became our relaxing sanctuary and place to forget about work and everything at home.

An interesting observation that made it a little more relaxing was that this was not a "locals" spot. Everyone at the hotel was from western countries; American, French, Spanish, Belgian, etc. It made it so that as a woman, I felt comfortable wearing my normal above the knee strapped dresses, laying in my swimming suit, etc. Also, I heard the staff speak Spanish, French, and English, which made me feel that they really are trying to accommodate to the needs of their customers.

We took in as much as the sun as we could. This involved drinking by the pool during the day, enjoying an outside lunch and resting before taking a late afternoon/evening shuttle into the Medina to experience the wonderful intensity of the streets of Marrakesh.

Shuttle Service.
The shuttle service was really prompt and the 10 minute drive in was no issue for us at all. The shuttle dropped and picked you up right at the main square. I would have liked more shuttle times, but the times they did have were not difficult to work around. One note: The local taxi cab drivers know the shuttle and they will tell you that it has left. It will not leave without you.

Restaurant:
We had several lunches at the restaurants and we ate dinner at the restaurant twice and it was lovely both evenings, but we agreed that we couldn't have had dinner in the restaurant every night. I've read other reviews where they thought the alcohol was expensive. We found that if you stick to wine or beer it is reasonably priced.

Service:
Everything you read is true, the service is incredible. From the moment you arrive you feel welcome. You are given mint tea, they carry your bags, etc. The owner truly cares about the people who are staying in the hotel, and if you are around, he will greet you every day to see how you are doing. The rooms are nice and clean. The maid staff makes little arrangements with the bed sheets and leaves your roses. I thought that was a sweet touch. It was always nice to come back in the evening after being in the Medina to see what beautiful bed-art awaited me.

The Pool:
The pool area is well sized for the hotel, and is surrounded by comfy beds, not loungers, to relax on. For a couple this was perfect, because you could really lay side by side and enjoying relaxing together in the same space. There are actually two pools, the cold pool and the warm pool. During our trip, most of the people spent their time in the warm pool. I kind of wished there was a Jacuzzi, but you can't have it all. There are only two downsides to the pool. One, although they serve drinks they don't serve lunch or snacks, so if you want to eat, you have to go up to the restaurant. I love eating by the pool (it really reminds me that I'm on holiday), so I missed that. Also, the pool area is perfectly sized, but it seems extra small when poorly behaved children are running around without supervision splashing everyone who is laying near the pool. This isn't a sign at all of the wonderful staff or hotel, but just an unfortunate consequence for staying at a more boutique hotel with some less than considerate guests.

As a final note, if I could give more than five I would. I absolutely loved staying here!

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I spent a relaxing 10-night stay (4th-14th April 2014) at the Sirayane Boutique Hotel and Spa. From the warm welcome and mint tea on arrival to our final goodbyes, we were treated with exemplary service and courtesy throughout our stay. The hotel's design, decor and ambience lived up to the previous reviews and our expectations and the staff are very professional and made our stay a complete delight. This is an excellent hotel for those looking for a relaxing location but close enough to Marrakech and the Atlas Mountains (of which you get an excellent view from the restaurant and bar, especially as they were still snow-covered) to satisfy the explorer and sightseer. The pools are excellent and serviced by attendants who provided fresh towels and even went to the extent of adjusting the parasols as the sun moved around to provide then relevant shade on the comfortable sun beds. The exercise room in the spa contains a good mix of apparatus, exercise weights, steps etc.We would highly recommend the Sirayane to couples and as the school Easter holidays approached there was an increase in families with young children all enjoying themselves in the refreshing and safe heated and cool pools, especially as the temperatures were in the high 30's for most of our stay. We booked half-board and the food in the restaurant provided a good variety and quality. The Sports Bar also has a very impressive array of satellite channels so those wishing to keep up to date with their favourite sporting events whilst on holiday are very well catered for too. Our room was a Prestige Room and had its own private garden area with seating and sun loungers. As we had a late departure we were also allocated a temporary room at the end of our final day.

Room Tip: The Prestige Rooms are ideal for the pool areas and have no stairs to negotiate. Rooms in the main h...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived here after 3 days in Essouria looking for a relaxing haven - and we were not disappointed! As soon as we arrived we were given some mint tea and some towels for the pool - the pool is so impressive, fantastic views of the mountains and always a spare sunbed to relax on!

We ate lunch at the hotel everyday and had cocktails before heading into the square - all service was impeccable.

The owner introduced himself to us and spoke to us everyday - even recommending restaurants in the centre - thank you!

The mini bus is great - takes 10 mins to get to square and is free of charge.

Have stayed in the centre before and would never again after staying at Sirayane - lovely to get away from the hustle and bustle.. This is a truly a special resort!

Thanks all!

• Stayed April 2014
South Wales UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

A great 8 night break at the Sirayane Hotel with my Daughter & family. The hotel staff were excellent and saw to everything we needed especially for my two grandchildren. All the reviews were spot on. i would definitely return to this peaceful Oasis

Room Tip: our rooms were in the main hotel we had a lovely balcony looking over to the Atlas Mountains & t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!