“Heartily recommend” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route D'Amezmiz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #54 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
“Heartily recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The danger with places that score rave reviews is that they sometimes fail to live up to the high expectations you have as a result. Not so with the Sirayane. This really is a little gem. I thought it was the perfect size - large enough to boast good facilities, small enough to feel calm and intimate. The pool is the perfect size for a decent swim. The path around the rooms is about 300m, so you easily use it as a jogging track for a couple of miles in the early morning cool. That's how I justified copious pancakes at breakfast (there are at least 3 different sorts!)

The restaurant caters for vegetarians - they're happy to tweak the menu for you so just ask. There are veggie versions of the tagine and the couscous that aren't listed on the menu, and they will knock you up a decent veggie salad for lunch.

The owner is a lovely guy. The drivers, pool man, porters and restaurant staff are all very helpful. The night receptionist made us orange juice, coffee, yoghurt and cake at 5am for our departure.

After the madness of the medina it's lovely to wake up to the birdsong at the Sirayane. We thought it was the perfect complement to the bustle of the city, and as others have said, the shuttle works well. We got a couple of taxis - once when we came back in the early hours of the morning and once when we missed the shuttle because my husband's watch broke (no we didn't buy it in Marrakech!). We paid 150 MAD each time. I expect you could bargain harder and get it a little cheaper if you were more skilled than us.

All in all I thought it was excellent value for money and I expect we paid at the highest end of its room prices as we were there over the peak Easter week.

Room Tip: If you book a garden suite as we did consider whether you would prefer the morning or evening sun as...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Sleaford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

A few miles outside of Marrakech the shuttle bus turns down a dirt track. You worry what you have let yourself in for. Then the security guard opens the gate. Welcome to a world of tranquility. The owner/manager/staff can't do enough to make sure everything is perfect.
The shuttle bus is prompt and reliable.
The food is delicious.
If you want a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the centre then try this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew it was going to be a magical stay. The owner and his wonderful staff greeted us and showed us to our lovely room. Our 3 day stay consisted of lazing round the lovely peaceful pool, where the sun bed man had perfected the knack of moving the parasols to just the right spot! We had a hamman-what a fab experience! The food was first class and the service second to none. It was such a great holiday made special by everyone at the Sirayane. We will definitely return very soon!

• Stayed April 2014
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

10 minutes in car from the medina, but they have free shuttles that you have to book, I would definitely stay there again. great service, great wifi in my room and outside, good food. Had a spa package of a hamman which was great, and a massage that felt more like rubbing, but overall was good attention by the people in the spa.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in March- it's brilliant. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Marrakesh in the middle of nowhere. No options for eating elsewhere or walking anywhere but it really isn't a problem as the hotel run an extremely efficient shuttle service throughout the day. The rooms are quiet, clean and spacious. The view from ours 108 wasn't great- just scrubland so ask for a view of the pool. The reception on arrival is very personal with mint tea and a quite your of the hotel. The manager /owner makes sure he talks to all his guests regularly and is charming. All the staff were extremely helpful and the spa was excellent- you must have the Hammam. Food is very good although we did think the evening choices were limited after a few days. Breakfast on the terrace in March really cheered us up! Definitely a place to return to!

• Stayed March 2014
Sherborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel is beautifully designed, the staff find a happy balance between attentive to client needs without being overwhelming. Relaxing quiet and comfortable, brilliant for a good nights sleep after exploring the Souks or the mountains. A free, regular shuttle bus makes it easy to get into the centre of things. The food was good, the breakfast excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

May I begin by saying; 'I have never written a review before this one!'

My wife and I arrived at the Sirayane Hotel (about a 10 minute drive from the Medina), walked through two large, beautiful wooden doors and were greeted by a warm, friendly gentleman, who asked us to be seated in the lobby whilst he quickly processed the paperwork. Within minutes, we were brought hot, mint tea (which was served everywhere we went and is known as Moroccan Whiskey).

As soon as our tea arrived, we were further greeted by a tall, mild-mannered gentleman who introduced himself as the 'owner' of the Hotel. Our paperwork was quickly processed and we were on our way to room 107, which overlooks the pool and has easy access to the; restaurant, bar, lounge area, gym, sauna and of course, the pool.

I am a former professional athlete, have owned a global company, and have spent many nights in Hotels. In addition, my wife, and I have visited many countries and have enjoyed ourselves each time. HOWEVER, our stay in the Sirayane was absolutely fantastic. Thanks to the owner's attention to detail, the staff's willingness to assist, and a Restaurant/Bar Manager who is second to none, we did not want for anything. Together, the owner and Restaurant/Bar Manager, have created the right synergy for guests to enjoy their stay at the Sirayane. Very well done guys!

Our menu was thoroughly explained, each meal was superb (I suggest eating in the Hotel), and the ambiance was minimal, but comfortable.

If a 'deep-tissue massage' is your fancy, you may want to ask for a 'young woman from Senegal' (I am told I cannot use names on this site). Simply, wonderful!

The Sauna is relaxing and clean. However, if you are a 'workout fanatic' like I am, you might find the gym a little weak. There are enough cardio machines for you to work up a sweat, but virtually no weights. Then again, this is nothing to complain about - I'm just telling it like it is.

To sum it all up, the owner runs his business like everyone company should be run. He makes sure his guests are happy and satisfied, he knows what is going on in the Hotel (he knew my wife and I had booked a message, and asked us that night if we had enjoyed it), he is present each day to speak to each guest, he follows up and follows through, provides a quality product and service, and he employs the best people for the job! What more can you ask for? I wish more companies were run this way...

You must know that I have stayed in more expensive Hotels than the Sirayane, which have expensive decor and employees who are dressed in high-priced uniforms. However, for the money, the Sirayane provides all that you will need to enjoy your stay in Marrakech.

In conclusion, I have previously mentioned that 'I am telling it like it is.' I would not be totally truthful if I did not mention the only hiccup we had whilst at the Sirayane. My wife and I had booked a tour through the Hotel, and were told the cost of the tour would be on our Hotel bill. When we checked out, we found that the cost of the tour was in fact 'not charged to our room,' and that we would have to pay the driver who was taking us to the airport. Confusion? A breakdown in communication? Possibly. Then again, I am quite certain the Sirayane owner will not allow this to happen ever again. Why? Because he is dedicated to providing the best service available. touche'

Thank you Sirayane for treating us like family and for assisting in making our holiday a complete success. We hope to see you again soon Insha'Allah....

T and L

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!