“An excellent boutique hotel and spa” 5 of 5 stars

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route D'Amezmiz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #60 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent boutique hotel and spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I spent five days at the hotel for some sun and relaxation. The hotel was clean, beautifully designed and airy. The room was so comfortable with a balcony which had lovely views of the Atlas mountains.

The service was excellent. From the owner to the general staff, they were only too willing to attend to your every need. The food was delicious and I did not need to go out for lunch or dinner. There is a free shuttle bus, if you decide to venture out to the Medina. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, there are excursions which are organised by the Hotel at an additional cost. I went to the Ourika Valley and had a fantastic, knowledgeable guide to take me there. I took the most awesome pictures and if I get the chance to return, I would go on another excursion as well.

As far as the spa is concerned, I would wholeheartedly recommend a hammam and a massage. My body felt so soft and relaxed.

I had a fantastic time at an excellent boutique hotel and spa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed with family of 3 over Christmas 2013,what a treat!We were always made to feel like 5star guests and it surpassed it's 5star rating.Room with garden was exceptionally comfortable for 2adults and 16yr old and bedding was very comfortable.The high standard of this special hotel filtered down from the very hands on and attentive owner,to every detail.Tennis court,gamesroom,poolroom,books and 2 swimming pools,met every need for basic entertainment and of course there is the shuttle with frequent drop off's and pick ups in Marrakech.Then there are the luxurious touches of an outstanding restuarant and spa,Cannot fault this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My partner and I spend a relaxed week at the beautifully designed Sirayane, our expectations got well managed and this was a great value-for-money choice for Marrakech.

Great food, service and room
Top design of all areas, classy!
Clean and heated pool
Lounge beds are fantastic
Drinks were reasonably priced
Personalised service and attention from manager and most staff
Lunch and dinner menus were delicious and offer good variety
Views over Atlas and tranquil surroundings (including sunset AND sunrise)
Information and help available from reception

- -
Free shuttles to Medina but takes over 15 mins and fixed times not always convenient
Breakfast was top quality but choice could be more varied when staying for a week or more (if like me you avoid sugar;)
Shuttle to airport and new town too pricey for just 5kms at over 22 EUR (double what a grand taxi costs)

Room Tip: First floor in main building recommended even if sometimes noise from bar (we had 104, quite large r...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

From the Gatekeeper to the Owner the staff at the Hotel Sirayene were without exception outstanding. Attentive without intrusion, thoughtful without being obsequious.
It felt like we were staying with old friends in this beautifully designed boutique hotel.
The food was excellent, the hotel clean and the pools refreshing even though the cold long pool took some getting used to. Once in it was however fine, and anyway there is a second heated pool for the feint hearted.
Great value for such a lovely hotel, which compares extremely favourably with other more expensive boutique hotels around the world.
We had a lovely time there, and uniquely for us, we would be happy to return for a mental cleansing.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pools and enjoyed expansive views towards the Atlas mountains.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing . We stayed a nice weekend here with my family. The rooms are super cute , the staff is always smiling and everything we asked for we got. Try the food, specially the Moroccan soup it's a must. You won't regret it. Since we arrived, we barely went out to eat cause for real the food is yumie. I would also recommend the SPA, the massages are to die for. I also had a pedicure and they take their time to do your nails. Finally, this cute little place will ‪make you happy. We really enjoyed our time and planning to visit again .

• Stayed December 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Despite the friendly service and presentation of the hotel, my husband and I left very disappointed with our overall experience at the Sirayane boutique hotel, Marrakech.

The decor and feel of the hotel was pleasant however we experienced several service breakdowns which were not resolved or handled efficiently by the hotel management.

The outdoor heated pool was not heated at least 2 days of our 4 night stay due to a technical fault and on one of the days remained closed (The weather was too cool to enjoy the other pool). We chose the hotel from many others, for the use of a heated pool.

Being a 5* hotel the hotel only offer 7 tv channels of which 4 had no signal and were unavailable, this left us with  1 English news channel to entertain us throughout. The hotel offered DVDs which were mainly french movies and a poor selection.

There was no ambiance or atmosphere at the hotel and we had no choice but to dine there (as there are no  restaurants in walking distance). The food was good but will cost approx £30 - £45per person for dinner (depending on the number of courses you choose). You are not allowed to bring any food or drink from outside the hotel.

The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff very attentive. We also enjoyed a very nice Hamman and spa treatment (additional charge).
It was a shame that the hotel lacked atmosphere and entertainment factor (no heated pool and 1 English news channel) which meant that  staying at the hotel was boring. We were limited to leaving the hotel as we travelled with our baby, so the hotel choice played an important part of our trip.
(Personally I would not recommend for a family stay with children)

I understand that service issues do occur, however we were disappointed further with the laid back attitude of the Management, who failed to respond to our complaint as you would expect.

We have extensive experience in hotel stays and out experience was not 5*

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
bsmehdi, Propriétaire at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear valuable guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review.

I remember you very well because I was expecting your comment which i must clarify.

- Regarding the pool, what you say is pure lie because first there was no technical problems and in addition all the other guests use it every day including your husband who used very often. The water temperature is always between 27 ° C and 29 ° C ( universal standard for heated pool). Your problem is that I think you are very cautious and also you came to the reception to ask them to heat the pool for you at 32 ° C. Our front office manager explained that this was not possible and you still insisted on meeting me. When I came to the restaurant to talk to you, I have found just your husband alone, and i explained the situation and he clearly told me not to pay attention to your words and he said to me that he is having a great stay with us and that the pool temperature is ideal .
Indeed, one day the pool remained covered simply because it was raining all day and nobody came and wanted to swim and yourself were in town from 11h to 18h:30, so I do not understand your point.
- On dvd, we have a wide selection available for our guests at the reception. They are not only in French because you can choose the English langage in the menu of each DVD. If you did not know , you would have just asked and someone would come and fixed it for you.
- Our hotel is a hotel for people who seek for peace , serenity and rest, so if you were looking for ambiance, I 'm sorry to tell you that you choosed the wrong hotel.

- Also , please note that we have free shuttles that connect the Sirayane to Medina several times a day until 23:15. If you really wanted to go out for diner and have ambiance, it was very easy except that you were never agreed with your husband because he did not want and he just wanted to rest ( he clearly told me that this was the first time he rested 4 consecutive days).

In summary, I think as we could not accommodate your request to heat the pool to 32 ° C you just wanted to get revenge on us. All the points you raised have no basis and does not reflect the reality.

I hope that you will reconcile with your husband who is a very friendly and charming man ( i spent over an hour talking to him the day before your departure) and spend a happy new year.

Oh, by the way, thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and food (the 3 courses menus are from 25 euros to 35 euros per person for your information).

Best regards,

Mehdi BENNANI SMIRES
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was also lured by good reviews this hotel received but was left disappointed just like the reviewer from August 2011. Perhaps the intentions are good but the service at this hotel leave a lot to be desired...even though it looks like management is trying. So in my usual style:

Good
- rooms are comfortable/clean and quite surroundings make it good for sleeping and relaxing after a busy day/night in medina
- pool area is nice and service there i thought was efficient
- free shuttles to town run regularly and show up on time to pick you up
- breakfast ok but don't expect variety each day
- This is my follow up review since one issue was addressed by the hotel. At the end of our stay we had an issue with transport to agadir- driver took slow road rather than the highway which added 1-2 hours to the trip. The day after my initial review, we were contacted by the hotel owner who called the transport company, that in turn refunded our money for the service apologising for the driver who pocketed the pay highway fees.

Bad
- Indifferent attitude to customers - staff makes you feel like they are doing you a favour each time you ask for something
- gym opened only at 10am and when I asked if I can access earlier was told it is absolutely not possible....first time for me- I travel a lot business/personal and was never told opening the doors earlier is not possible
- we asked for a shuttle and a booking to a restaurant for 18:30 they drove us there- restaurant was closed- driver said they will open eventually and drove off- we called the hotel and were told the restaurant was open at 19:30!! We asked why they did not inform us when they made a reservation and they argued that we made the booking not them-this was clearly not what happened
- our bill had extra charges of about £100 pounds....first time it ever happened to me and I have been to many hotels...they fixed it and proceeded to make excuses that someone put a wrong room number.

I don't like writing unfavourable reviews - and to be fair if you are planning a couple of days in marrakech, will be out all day and need nothing from the hotel staff this can be an ok option -but would surely not recommend if you are planning a relaxing holiday with occasional town visit.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
bsmehdi, Propriétaire at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sirayane .
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel.
However , I must clarify some points do not reflect the reality.
- For the staff, I will not argue your comment because 98 % of our customers recommend our hotel for the quality, profesionallisme and discretion of our staff ( I invite you to read the other comments). Also, it took you back to August 2011 (over 2 years) to find a bad review on our hotel , which really shows the fickleness of your comments.
- About your restaurant, luckily I was present when you called the front desk to arrange a taxi at 18h , our receptionist asked you if you wanted him to book the restaurant for you and you told him that you had already a booking at 18:30. We are therefore not to blame for your mishappening.

- Regarding the fitness, the opening hours are clearly marked (10h to 20h) and while we try to accomodate our guests requests, we could not, unfortunately, forgo our scheduled cleaning and maintenance of the gym which takes place every morning. We believe that the 10 hours availability is sufficient.

- Regarding your bill, system mistakes can happen in any hotel in the world which is why we always invite our guests to check their bill prior to paying (this is clearly marked on the bill). The mistake was corrected on the spot and the receptionist apologized for this.
Finally, in respect of your trip to AGADIR, we made sur that the transport company reimbursed you upon your arrival in Agadir which shows how seriously we take our guests legitimate complaints.

Best regards,

Mehdi BENNANI SMIRES

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!