“Fantastic Hotel, Fantastic Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route D'Amezmiz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #60 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Reading, UK
“Fantastic Hotel, Fantastic Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

On Friday I knew I was going to have a weeks holiday and thought I was going to stay at home with a couple of days in Torquay. I whinged and whined to all my staff and made arrangements for meetings so that I could come into work anyway. My major whine was "Well it's not exactly Morocco is it?" How did I not pick up on anything? Everybody seemed normal and I got back home on Friday to a Tony who kept asking me to look on Facebook. I didn't get it as I had blogs to do so it took some persuading. There was a message from our dog (don't ask) telling me he was on holiday and I needed to look under my pillow, there was a book on Morocco and the news that we were going there at 8 am the next day!

I squealed and ran round in circles wasting valuable packing time. Ok then blah blah blah, nice trip, nice country and then we came to the hotel. Oh my it is wonderful. It has been open for a couple of years and we were warmly welcomed into a dark but impressive reception. The whole hotel has been carefully designed in conjunction with the owner who is very present, always a very good sign. Everything is dealt with quickly and efficiently, you are shown around the hotel and then we went to our room. We had a garden room with a private garden, the interesting thing is that the hotel was fully booked (28 rooms, 4 with private pools) yet it felt like there were very few guests because of the excellent design. The main pool was at a lower level with double sun beds around it and staff who saw to all our needs.

The room was perfect, great wifi and what I assumed was a great flat screen etc but we didn't use it as the pool was so inviting. There was a rainhead shower, separate toilet, thick cotton robes and a lovely comfortable bed.

Tony tried out the spa and said it was really good and they did something he has never experienced before which was being left after the massage to come round and wake up.

We saw the owner, Mehdi, nearly every day, this hotel is obviously his passion and it shows. He was friendly without being obtrusive and went out of his way to make sure we had a fantastic stay. There are free shuttle buses into Marrakesh, driven by friendly drivers who give a brief history of what we are passing and advising on what to do when we get into the city.

The breakfast was extensive and my only quibble is that I would have liked a little more choice in the cooked breakfast but when in Morocco you eat Moroccan and the rest was lovely, they even had cucumber juice!

I will be doing a blog on this hotel on http://leilaslocallarder.wordpress.com and have radioed Mehdi for Kennet Radio. The food was great, well cooked with a great selection of local and international food. If I go back to Marrakesh I would go back to this hotel like a shot. I haven't included many photos as there are so many here already, a lot of satisfied customers!

Room Tip: Our garden room was lovely but to be honest I suspect all the rooms would be just as nice, it is inc...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel Sirayane is the hotel you wish you were checking into.

It is a beautiful, peaceful and tranquil place. It is wonderfully designed and well thought out. The décor and vibe is very sexy and laid back. It is intimate and small, but there are lounge spaces where you can relax in solitude, and the lay out is such that it feels very private.

There is a beautiful pool, a splashing fountain, and pretty flowering gardens. The rooms have lots of amenities, and some have private pools and walled yards. The rose petals strewn in the rooms are so welcoming.

But it is the people who make Hotel Sirayane so special. They are what distinguish this hotel from anywhere else. The owner is on hand to be sure you have whatever you may need. The front desk staff members accomplish everything efficiently and effortlessly. The bar and restaurant staff are friendly and accommodating. The staff are plentiful and there when you need them, but never obtrusive.

The food is delicious. I especially loved the quiche. Breakfast is bountiful.

My partner had a terrible facial trauma injury while we were in Morocco. We just cannot give enough compliments to the entire staff for their care and consideration. Part of our stay she was in bed while I handled the logistics of getting us home for her medical treatment. The owner inquired after her comfort and condition each day. The restaurant staff made her pureed vegetable soup and milkshakes. And the front desk manager performed numerous kindnesses to assist us; we think of him as a treasured friend. Everyone truly went above and beyond for us during our crisis.

You will not need this kind of attention, but know that when you enjoy this lovely hotel on your holiday, you will be well looked after and you will love every minute of being at this wonderful oasis.

Thank-you, Hotel Sirayane!

Room Tip: Splurge for a suite if it is a special occasion. Private pool if a honeymoon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel - so clean and modern with lovely room service every day with little petals on the bed :) food was great, we even decided to eat a lot in the hotel! Have recommended and will keep recommending. Great pool too!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel specifically for the private pool suites and as a base to explore the city from. We had a lovely time and couldnt have asked for more.
The private pool was in a walled garden so completely private and larger than the usual plunge pools you get even in the Maldives.
Housekeeping tidied our room twice a day, with roses on the bed at night. The hotel as a whole was impeccably clean and well designed. Staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel owner was always about and checked on us to see how our stay was.
Breakfast was good and extensive although one suggestion is to vary it daily to keep guests interested, for example eggs prepared in a different way everyday.
We had a hammam spa which was great and very relaxing - our only qualms were that the skin was not scrubbed vigorously so that all the dead skin was removed like in the traditional hammams, and we paid extra for a foot massage to be included which didnt happen.
There was a free shuttle service to and from the city which ran at very convenient times and would pick us up at exactly the organised time, not a second earlier or later! The drivers were very friendly throughout.
All in all, a lovely stay!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We have never placed a review on trip advisor before but after spending a week at the siryane we rely compelled to share our experience so that others can enjoy what is a hidden gem sieving marrakesh. The hotel is the ideal place to see marrakesh from,the hotel provides a free shuttle into the city which is not only great transport but is fantastic for getting to know fellow guests of all nationalities. The Siryane has a wonderful intimate feel with very friendly & helpful staff and a very hands on owner who is very visible to guests. The food at the hotel was great so much so that we only ate in marrakesh on 2 of our 7 nights! It is very peaceful with well equipped rooms & no fighting for sun beds with only 28 rooms. The size of the hotel is a major factor & definitely influenced us to book in the first place and gives guests the real feel that the staff know them & interact with them. It's also great for getting to know fellow guests and we met and chatted to very nice people from holland & France as well as a good proportion of fellow Brits. If you want to see marrakesh stay outside of the madness which is the city & visit from the siryane if you can tear yourself away from the tranquility the hotel provides.

• Stayed September 2013
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

we stayed for 4 nights end of august as a treat for our 10th wedding anniversary. we had the private garden room but upgraded to the honeymoon package. This was definately worth the money as we got spa treatments,1 meal, wine and the chance of a room upgrade included. Sadly there wasn't any availability for this - however the hotel was certainly not over crowded, quite the opposite we felt there was plenty of beautiful open space and privacy. The staff (of which there were many) were always available to help with a smile but not intrusive. The rooms were clean and well presented. The food was top notch with plenty of choice. To summarise, don't panic when you look out of the window on the way from the airport, it was definitely an enjoyable break which we have already recommended to our friends - THANKYOU!

Room Tip: the garden style rooms were far more private
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from the 2nd - 9th Sept and all I can say is the review left by 'Zvetlana Z' on the 11th Aug could not be further from the truth! It has clearly been left by somebody trying to sabotage the business as I business owner myself I have also experienced this. The hotel is not far from the town. It is in fact about a 10-15 min drive from the town, made easy by the free hotel shuttle provided by the hotel and the distance makes for a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the old city. The shuttle comes at regular intervals and its great as its saves you a £10 taxi fair in to the city.

I arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm where I was met by Bader who out of all the staff has the best English. There was a gorgeous traditional sweet peppermint tea and then given a brief tour before being shown to my room.

I stayed in the delux junoir suite with private pool which was just gorgeous...this is a bungalow type house separate from the hotel....the bed was huge and as an insomniac I was more than pleased to have a full 9 hrs of uninterrupted sleep! The bathroom with walk in shower and separate jacuzzi hot tub were amazing! A good selection of toiletries refreshed everyday plus gowns and slippers provided. The suite included 2 large tvs with DVD players which I found nice for when I had spent all day exploring the crazy city to get in to bed and watch a DVD (as I have problems getting to sleep without watching the tv...grrrrrrr). The garden in our suite was a good size, well kept, soooooo quiet with a private pool...the garden is surrounded by a high wall so its completely private. The description by the hotel says its a plunge pool but its not what we would describe as a plunge pool in the uk and is in fact much bigger and suitable for a nice swim. The rooms are cleaned well, normally while I was out at breakfast and then the beds turned down at night on my return to the room.

The menu in the bar/ restaurant and for room service I did feel was a bit limited considering the hotel is in a remote area but I am the worst kind of eater...a very fussy vegetarian! However, after speaking to the owner and staff they were more than obliging to cook whatever I requested for me. The daily breakfast is a great selection of cereals, pastries, fruits, juices, omlettes, susages, etc.

With the room booking I got a free Hammam massage which was just gorgeous! Im not really one for spending time pampering myself due to my busy schedule but this was really impressive and relaxing!

The overall interior is gorgeous, very boutique and want to take many ideas from this hotel when designing my house build next year.

All the staff are very friendly, welcoming, professional and look neat and tidy which is very different from the locals working down in the bars/ restaurants in the old city! Plus the owner is always on hand and makes the effort to come and chat, personally, to all the guests which is always a nice touch. You also dont get the feeling that the staff are expecting tips which is nice.

The only reason I have given this 4 stars and not 5 stars is because of two reason. Firstly on the first night there is a 1.5l bottle of water left in your room but this wasnt refreshed and for a 5 star hotel costing just over £2000 for the week I felt a bottle of water (at a cost price to them of probably £1) wouldn't have been too much to ask that this was refreshed daily....especially when there is a note in the hotel guidelines saying you arent allowed to bring your own drinks in from outside so there is no choice other than to pay for the water from the mini bar. Secondly I ordered room service on two occasions and both times is was slightly wrong. This is not a complaint but feedback for the hotel for future guests.

Overall this is a really gorgeous hotel and would definitely stay here if I ever return back to Marrakech.

Thank you for a lovely peaceful stay and a nice break away from my hectic life!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!