“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 5 night stay here. The hotel itself was very nice. Rooms spacious, very comfortable (air conditioned, nice solid beds) and well equipped (safe, free wifi, good sized kettle, etc). The pool, sunbeds and poolside area in general were idyllic.

As others have commented, though perfectly acceptable the many times we ate there, there's better food to be found around Marrakech for the more explorative - but that's pretty much our only "complaint".

The drinks menu seemed a little pricey - around £8 for a spirit plus mixer, though once I tried and realised it was more like a triple or quadruple measure, that made it a lot more reasonable. The only place in town we went that also served spirits was a similar price, if not slightly more expensive.

The most note-worthy aspect in my opinion, were the staff. Always friendly, smiling and more than happy to help. Nothing was too much trouble. They were rarely out of sight, but never in the way. The balance was perfect for a relaxing getaway. Almost all of the staff spoke near-perfect English, though I did have to think back to GCSE French on a few occasions. Overall, language barrier wasn't a problem.

I haven't confirmed the figures, but I heard that the hotel sleeps 56 and that there are around 50 staff members, which seems about right to me. The manager was also always around and happy to chat - we spoke to him at least once a day, and each time he recognised us and knew about any issues that had cropped up (a failed wireless router required replacing in our room), and he made sure that we were being well looked after.

The hotel has a large number of birds residing in "eaves". They could get a little vocal early in the mornings, but once you get used to that, they're really quite interesting to watch when you're sat outside taking in the glorious weather. We suspect that they contributed to the total lack of bugs, though were also informed by the manager, when we questioned this, that the hotel is thoroughly "treated" every 3 weeks to ensure no bugs.

Regular free minibuses into central Marrakech were great, the trip to the Atlas mountains/waterfalls (run by the hotel) was also very interesting - probably the most interesting day of our holiday - we came back with a few souvenirs, and some great photos and memories. Omar, our driver for the day, was very accommodating. Said, another of the drivers, also recommended a lovely restaurant to us (Dar Zellige), and even dropped us close to it so that we didn't struggle to find it.

Hopefully we can return again one day. In the meantime, thanks to Le Sirayane for a lovely break and the wonderful service we received.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went in May 2013 for 4 days with my boyfriend as a surprise 30th birthday present to him. I mentioned this to the staff at Sirayane via email prior to the holiday and they made our stay extra special. We were upgraded on arrival from the privilege (standard room) to the Junior Suite with its own private garden which was absolutely lovely. We dined at the hotel one night and the food was delicious, a good variety including traditional Moroccan tagine cooked to perfection. The staff then presented my boyfriend with a birthday chocolate fondue cake with a candle in at the end of the meal – this was such a nice touch. The staff are so friendly and so very helpful, they are always there to offer you a drink or any assistance during your stay (without hassling you!). The hotel is extremely clean and very modern – I could not fault it. Breakfast included a HUGE variety of hot & cold food, catering for everyone – cooked breakfast, cereals, croissants, toast, pancakes, yoghurts, fruit and all beverages you can think of. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service into Marrakech centre which is only a 10/15 minute drive – they have set times the shuttle bus leaves so you must book your shuttle bus a day in advance or the morning at least. If you choose to dine outside of the hotel I recommend Le Comptoir (very lively & great fun) & Riad Monceau (a beautiful setting). Overall my boyfriend & I had a wonderful time at the Sirayane and are recommending it to everyone we know – thanks for an extra special holiday we won’t forget, see you soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

We had 6 nights in a pool villa recently and were very impressed with the accommodation, particularly the pool which my 4 year old loved ( obviously.) Excellent big walk in shower, made from concrete. Room kept spotless and well made-up during our stay. I thought the room was very good value.

Service was friendly and attentive, although we had the occasional wooden service moment, for example discord about where we sat in the restaurant.

Breakfast fine, lunch ok; food just didn't light my fire though and I like to look forward to meals when I stay at a hotel. Food not bad , just not memorable, and so we went out most nights.

Well organised transfers to and from the airport / city. We opted for private ones but the hotel's shuttle seemed to work really well.

Enough wireless service to get your mail or view the web from time to time; don't expect continuous service though.

My wife used the spa and didn't like the massage ( including certain bits should be agreed up front she says), but enjoyed the hamman.

Little niggles; cold drinks not cold, being charged ( sometimes) for a decent coffee at breakfast, laminated menus :( , diesel generator adjacent to our villa operated occasionally, could be slightly more family friendly

Worth noting: some limited air traffic close by during our stay.... which in my case helped relieve the tedium of sunbathing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel for exploring Marrakech, trips into the Atlas Mountains and also lazing by the pool and soaking up the gorgeous surroundings. Hotel buildings -lovely, rooms - stylish, clean and spacious, food - very acceptable but not the best we had in Marrakech; free bus into town v handy to pop into the souk or out for dinner. Staff couldn't be more helpful, the owner checked with us several times if all was ok. Bar staff especially awesome and drivers especially Sayed who took us out for the day to the mountains - highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I cannot fault this hotel, it was amazing! Staff are exceptional, you could not ask for anymore. I have coeliac disease, on arrival I showed my dietary card ( explaining coeliac in Arabic) from that moment I did not have to worry, the menu was explained to me- what I could and couldn't have, all the staff were aware and they ensured all my food was suitable! Brilliant! Better than at home! The rooms are beautiful, cleaned twice a day. Breakfast was great, the pool is amazing! The whole atmosphere is relaxed, we were utterly spoilt! The manager spoke to us daily and even waved us off when we left! We really didn't want to leave but we will definitely be back! Thank you to all the staff- brilliant!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Yes it's out of town...but it's all the better for that. Escape the madness of Marrakech and laze by the pools on sumptuous sun beds. The hotel has a shuttle bus that drops off and pick up in town so visiting the markets etc. is easy. My wife enjoyed the spa... I don't really get the point of having buckets of water thrown over me... but if you do the spa is calm, clean and hot!

The restaurant is very good serving both local and western food... not the best we've ever had, but for Marrakech it's good quality. The slow cooked shoulder of Lamb is delicious...and enough for a small family.

Our room was very spacious, loads of wardrobe space and the turn down service made the room inviting each evening. The bathroom (wet room) was huge.

Marrakech.. no thanks. Sirayane... we'll be back.

Room Tip: Garden rooms by the pool are always requested and despite booking one we ended up in the main hotel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for four nights in March. It was a very relaxing stay. We used the shuttle bus from the airport, 20 Euros and as many reviewers have mentioned, the airport is not far but it made life easy to have a car waiting for you on arrival. It was easy to arrange by e-mail before travel and the cost was added to our bill.

The hotel is situated on the outskirts of town and we were quite grateful to have a place of rest away from the crowds and noise of town. The free shuttle bus was handy, the return times can be a bit odd in comparison to the departure times. Departure times when we stayed were 09h30, 11h, 15h, 17h, 19h30 and 22h30 while return times were 10h30, 13h, 15h45, 18h30, 22h and 23h15. If many guests book for a certain time the hotel did organize two buses so we were always guaranteed a seat. Although if you missed a bus or wanted to go to town at a different time from the shuttle a private car at 20 Euros could be arranged.

Breakfast had a good range of items,hot and cold, the only thing we did not like was that on occasions birds flew in and nibbled at the croissants and pastries. These were usually replaced only if noticed by staff. I think it would be a good idea to have mesh covers for such items to prevent this.

There was a really nice fire place which was lovely to sit by in the evening and have a drink.

We had a superior room with balcony which overlooked the pool. It was a good size and very clean. The evening turn down service with rose petals was a nice touch.

In all I can not really fault the hotel, the staff are really friendly especially Simon at reception who was always so helpful with information.

If you want somewhere away from town that has good service, clean decent sized rooms, a nice atmosphere and willing to pay that bit extra then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!