“Great hotel, fantastic staff” 4 of 5 stars

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route D'Amezmiz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #42 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Great hotel, fantastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the medina, then this is a great choice. The pool is excellent, staffed constantly with someone looking to bring you a towel or drinks as required.

It's exceptionally clean and the owner makes a point to speak to you every day to make sure your stay is going well, which was a very nice touch.

I, as with some other reviews, have only one issue.
Dinner can be a little hit and miss.

Apart from that, the service was excellent and breakfast buffet is outstanding.
You certainly won't come back hungry.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main hotel, on the first floor, give you a great view over the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
bsmehdi, Directeur général at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.

I would like to thank you also for your very good comments about our hotel , service & staff and I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with.

However, I would note that our restaurant is renowned for the quality of our cuisine (Moroccan and international) and is recommended by 98% of our guests.

I'm sorry, if the dish you ordered, one night, was not to your taste.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best regards,

Mehdi BENNANI SMIRES

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Sirayane is a peacefull oasis in a other quite busy city. It's located outside the city center, but they bring you back and forth free of charge. In return you get complete silence and can recharge your batteries for another day at the bazar. Great clean rooms with a lovely little private garden(prestige-room) with a great view of the Atlas mountains. I did not personally try their SPA, but my girlfriend told me it was brilliant. The hotel is fairly small, but that creates a very friendly atmosphere troughout the hotel.
BUT I mainly have to adress the service we recieved at Sirayane. The service at Sirayane was nothing but immaculate. They really go out of their way to make your stay in Marrakech memorable. Whatever problem you throw at them, they solve quickly and without any hesitation. They all genuinely want you to enjoy your stay.
Obviously I recommend this hotel...especially for couples.

Room Tip: Recommend the prestige rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is my 40th or so review and I rarely give 5-stars. However, I can't say anything bad about this hotel. If given the chance, I would stay here again--no question.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Located slightly further out than I originally thought, this is a lovely quiet hotel with good attention to detail and overall good customer service. There are around 30 rooms in total, so you dont become a room number, rather a guest which was nice. I travelled with my wife and 2 1/2 year old son. They were aboslutely brilliant with him (and the wife). They would make him rice or cous cous on demand and at no cost which was really very good of them.

The rooms - We had a mid range room. I understand there are suites as an upgrade. Our room\villa\terrace was overlooking the pool. It comprised of an enrance hallway, bedroom, shower room, seperate WC and seperate sink and vanity area. The floors were all tiled in some form of stone\slate. The walls were all grey natural style sealed plaster. Very contemporary. We had a private garden with sun loungers and access to the main pool. The room was furnished with attractive furnishings and an LCD TV (no English channels bar BBC News 24). There was a DVD\USB media player though. Free Wi-FI, albeit patchy to get from your room and at busy times difficult to latch on to. There is individual A\C for the room and pleasant views over the garden.

Breakfast - Included in our room rate. Plentiful in variety and was of a buffet style. Halal meatsm on demand eggs of your liking and a variety you would expect of any good hotel.

Dinner - Excluded from our rate. Tasty. Two menus to choose from both fixed price. Morrocan (tagines, cous cous etc) was fixed at 220 MAD for two courses (exc drinks) and three course 270 MAD. International menu (fillet mignons, thai chicken etc) was fixed at 320 MAD for 2 courses and 370 MAD for three courses. Well presented and tasty, although less than average size portions.

Location - Approximately 8-9km outside of the Medina. This meant it was very peaceful and quiet but also expensive if you have to pay\haggle for a cab back from the medina (best we got was 100 MAD DAY \ 150 MAD Night). There is a free shuttle bus that runs throughtout the day at certain times to and from the hotel so best to try to get that. If you want a taxi from the hotel you have little option than to take the private transfer. Fixed at 20 Euro's each way.

Overall - All in all a very nice friendly hotel with some clever thought put into the presentation, decor and features throughout the complex. Being so far out from the medina and other hotels\building means that if you are peckish by the pool or fancy pre dinner drinks it can be a costly affair. A small beer will set you back at least 5 GBP. Wine 6.5 GBP a glass. Knowing what I know, I certainly WOULD consider staying here again. The staff made all the difference.

Room Tip: From what I could gather all rooms overlook the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
bsmehdi, Directeur général at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience about your stay in Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.
I would like to thank you for all your good comments about our hotel , staff & service.
I just want to clarify that the price of a beer start at 3.85GBP including the service charge and the price of a glass of wine is at 4.5 GBP including the service charge.
I just want to add that we have some english channels as BBC,NEWS 24...
I can see that you enjoyed your stay with us and i wish to welcoming you again very soon.

best regards,

Mehdi BENNANI SMIRES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sirayane for four nights with my wife and two kids in one of the main rooms overlooking the pool.

The room was well equipped and luxurious, although a little small for the four of us. In future I would book one of the suites that surround the pool.

The staff at this hotel have to be some of the friendliest and helpful that I have ever come across. Nothing was too much for them. We were made to feel incredibly welcome to the extent that the owner himself was on hand to wish us farewell at the end of our stay.

I only have two criticisms: there was an issue with one of the swimming pools when we stayed , which meant that it was not crystal clear, but this can happen anywhere and they certainly pulled out all of the stops to fix it. My other (very slight) issue is that the food can become a bit "samey": the menu for both lunch and dinner is pretty fixed and doesn't change. This is only an issue if you stay for several days and don't eat in Marrrakech much. We did, but I still feel that by varying the menu they would add something extra. That said the food was always of a high quality and the selection at breakfast is fantastic.

Overall I found this hotel extremely good value and a great retreat that is not far from the hustle and bustle of Marrekesh itself. The best thing I can say about it is that I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have great private balconys
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed here last week for six nights with my boyfriend - we had one of the Junior Suites and having our own private garden and pool really made the holiday. We enjoyed the craziness of the Medina, but then it was lovely to get away from it all and to our peaceful hotel, using the free shuttle service which was regular and great value to have it included in the price. We are very grateful to all the staff in the restaurant, reception, housekeeping, spa, and ground staff - everyone was extremely helpful, friendly and polite. We got back quite late one night and the security guard walked us back to our room with a torch without being intrusive. The room itself was stunning, especially the bathroom overlooking the garden. The turning down service with rose petals was beautiful, the bed big and comfy, and no noise at night. Breakfast was enjoyable every morning - plenty of choice and good quality food. Cocktails in the evenings were lovely and I would recommend the Hammam treatment in the Spa. Gorgeous view of the Atlas mountains - do not have a bad thing to say about this relaxing getaway - can't wait to go back! Thanks to the owner for coming out and introducing himself and making sure we had everything we needed

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite - it was quiet and spacious and we loved having our own pool!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

If you want a bit of luxury on your winter get-away, and a peaceful oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina then Sirayane is a perfect choice. Lots of comfort and style, staff were accommodating and eager to please. The pool, double bed sized sun loungers and the view of the atlas mountains were pure relaxation.

It's ten to twenty minutes into town in the transport provided by the hotel - it can get busy so you do have to book - and prepare to squeeze in, but if you don't want to wait for the bus back it's about £11-15 in a taxi (depending on your haggling skills!). Would definitely consider a return trip to this chic boutique hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be well appointed we stayed in the main hotel building and were very happy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple