“Just like the other reveiws...this place is great!” 5 of 5 stars

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route D'Amezmiz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #54 of 472 Hotels in Marrakech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Just like the other reveiws...this place is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is my 40th or so review and I rarely give 5-stars. However, I can't say anything bad about this hotel. If given the chance, I would stay here again--no question.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Located slightly further out than I originally thought, this is a lovely quiet hotel with good attention to detail and overall good customer service. There are around 30 rooms in total, so you dont become a room number, rather a guest which was nice. I travelled with my wife and 2 1/2 year old son. They were aboslutely brilliant with him (and the wife). They would make him rice or cous cous on demand and at no cost which was really very good of them.

The rooms - We had a mid range room. I understand there are suites as an upgrade. Our room\villa\terrace was overlooking the pool. It comprised of an enrance hallway, bedroom, shower room, seperate WC and seperate sink and vanity area. The floors were all tiled in some form of stone\slate. The walls were all grey natural style sealed plaster. Very contemporary. We had a private garden with sun loungers and access to the main pool. The room was furnished with attractive furnishings and an LCD TV (no English channels bar BBC News 24). There was a DVD\USB media player though. Free Wi-FI, albeit patchy to get from your room and at busy times difficult to latch on to. There is individual A\C for the room and pleasant views over the garden.

Breakfast - Included in our room rate. Plentiful in variety and was of a buffet style. Halal meatsm on demand eggs of your liking and a variety you would expect of any good hotel.

Dinner - Excluded from our rate. Tasty. Two menus to choose from both fixed price. Morrocan (tagines, cous cous etc) was fixed at 220 MAD for two courses (exc drinks) and three course 270 MAD. International menu (fillet mignons, thai chicken etc) was fixed at 320 MAD for 2 courses and 370 MAD for three courses. Well presented and tasty, although less than average size portions.

Location - Approximately 8-9km outside of the Medina. This meant it was very peaceful and quiet but also expensive if you have to pay\haggle for a cab back from the medina (best we got was 100 MAD DAY \ 150 MAD Night). There is a free shuttle bus that runs throughtout the day at certain times to and from the hotel so best to try to get that. If you want a taxi from the hotel you have little option than to take the private transfer. Fixed at 20 Euro's each way.

Overall - All in all a very nice friendly hotel with some clever thought put into the presentation, decor and features throughout the complex. Being so far out from the medina and other hotels\building means that if you are peckish by the pool or fancy pre dinner drinks it can be a costly affair. A small beer will set you back at least 5 GBP. Wine 6.5 GBP a glass. Knowing what I know, I certainly WOULD consider staying here again. The staff made all the difference.

Room Tip: From what I could gather all rooms overlook the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
bsmehdi, Directeur général at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience about your stay in Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.
I would like to thank you for all your good comments about our hotel , staff & service.
I just want to clarify that the price of a beer start at 3.85GBP including the service charge and the price of a glass of wine is at 4.5 GBP including the service charge.
I just want to add that we have some english channels as BBC,NEWS 24...
I can see that you enjoyed your stay with us and i wish to welcoming you again very soon.

best regards,

Mehdi BENNANI SMIRES
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sirayane for four nights with my wife and two kids in one of the main rooms overlooking the pool.

The room was well equipped and luxurious, although a little small for the four of us. In future I would book one of the suites that surround the pool.

The staff at this hotel have to be some of the friendliest and helpful that I have ever come across. Nothing was too much for them. We were made to feel incredibly welcome to the extent that the owner himself was on hand to wish us farewell at the end of our stay.

I only have two criticisms: there was an issue with one of the swimming pools when we stayed , which meant that it was not crystal clear, but this can happen anywhere and they certainly pulled out all of the stops to fix it. My other (very slight) issue is that the food can become a bit "samey": the menu for both lunch and dinner is pretty fixed and doesn't change. This is only an issue if you stay for several days and don't eat in Marrrakech much. We did, but I still feel that by varying the menu they would add something extra. That said the food was always of a high quality and the selection at breakfast is fantastic.

Overall I found this hotel extremely good value and a great retreat that is not far from the hustle and bustle of Marrekesh itself. The best thing I can say about it is that I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have great private balconys
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed here last week for six nights with my boyfriend - we had one of the Junior Suites and having our own private garden and pool really made the holiday. We enjoyed the craziness of the Medina, but then it was lovely to get away from it all and to our peaceful hotel, using the free shuttle service which was regular and great value to have it included in the price. We are very grateful to all the staff in the restaurant, reception, housekeeping, spa, and ground staff - everyone was extremely helpful, friendly and polite. We got back quite late one night and the security guard walked us back to our room with a torch without being intrusive. The room itself was stunning, especially the bathroom overlooking the garden. The turning down service with rose petals was beautiful, the bed big and comfy, and no noise at night. Breakfast was enjoyable every morning - plenty of choice and good quality food. Cocktails in the evenings were lovely and I would recommend the Hammam treatment in the Spa. Gorgeous view of the Atlas mountains - do not have a bad thing to say about this relaxing getaway - can't wait to go back! Thanks to the owner for coming out and introducing himself and making sure we had everything we needed

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite - it was quiet and spacious and we loved having our own pool!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

If you want a bit of luxury on your winter get-away, and a peaceful oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina then Sirayane is a perfect choice. Lots of comfort and style, staff were accommodating and eager to please. The pool, double bed sized sun loungers and the view of the atlas mountains were pure relaxation.

It's ten to twenty minutes into town in the transport provided by the hotel - it can get busy so you do have to book - and prepare to squeeze in, but if you don't want to wait for the bus back it's about £11-15 in a taxi (depending on your haggling skills!). Would definitely consider a return trip to this chic boutique hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be well appointed we stayed in the main hotel building and were very happy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Chose this hotel for just one night after a week touring around the coastal area. We had already stayed in a riad in the medina last year so were just looking for a quality hotel where we could have a relaxing time for our last day, somewhere not too far from the airport. If you are staying in Marrakech and want to do the sights then we would definately recommend that you stay in the old medina - it is a lot more atmospheric. If you just want to chillax and don't mind being reliant on the hotels (free) shuttle service or taxis to get in and out of the centre then this hotel is great.
We only had the cheapest room but it was lovely and big with a great bathroom. The terrace was small and didn't get the sun at all but the grounds and pool with the mountain views more than made up for that. Staff were excellent and we were greeted with mint tea and cookies before being given the hotel tour. We both had a relaxing massage in the spa which was good value compared to UK prices and did just what it said on the tin!! Breakfast was a great spread and could be taken indoors or out - we didn't have much as had to rush off to the airport but what we did have was very good and omelettes etc could be cooked if requested.
If I have one gripe it was over dinner. As we were only staying for one night we decided to just eat in the the hotel restaurant. There was a good atmosphere and the staff were very obliging. My issue is with the food. There is a choice of 2 menus - traditional moroccan and western - steak and fish etc. After a week of tajines we decided to choose the western menu. The moroccan menu is better value and possibly we should have stuck with that. There was actually nothing wrong with the food we had - it was just drenched in pepper! I don't consider myself to have a particularly great palate, but even I could tell the whole dinner was covered in pepper. There was loads on my starter and i thought perhaps it was a blip but the main course was the same. Maybe the chef was having a bad day but I couldn't understand it. Perhaps I should have sent the food back and given them an opportunity to put things right so I am at fault for that, but certainly I found it very strange. Also the portions are huge so bear this in mind!
All in all though a very pleasant stay and we would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms have their own gardens that probably get the sun so would recommend one of...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Hi just come back from a day stay at the Sirayane from 8th March. Absolutely lovely. Beautiful hotel and room, food was lovely,but what stood out was the attention to detail and fantastic, friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much from the minute we arrived. For example, on day 2, spur of the moment, we thought after breakfast to take a trip to the atlas mountains (which I'd highly recommend), within an hour a minibus was there. The hotel puts on a free shuttle into the city centre throughout the day and night which was invaluable.

I don't sit by a pool normally but the setting with a lovely pool, hot sun and the snow covered atlas mountains in the distance was stunning.

Its all the small touches and the experience overall which made this short 3 day trip so special.

Never felt like leaving a review on here before but had to in this case. I could not fault the hotel or staff at all, if you need more info please contact me on jasfos@sky.com.

Thanks to all the staff....

Room Tip: Go for room of the rooms by the pool with your own personal garden.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!