“Riad Bamboo has everything.” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Bamboo
Rue Dabachi Derb Hejra No46 | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #85 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Faversham
“Riad Bamboo has everything.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My friend and i have travelled for many years but this was our first relaxing holiday away from partners, children and businesses. Everything was perfect, Sonia, Frederic, Simone and all the staff, the breakfasts and evening meals, and Moroccan wines, the roof terrace was great even in the rain.
The rooms were clean and plush, even the 5am call to prayer was slept through after the first night.
Airport transfers and all trips were organised with little fuss and were reasonably priced.
The best thing for me was the Hamman and the massage 1.75 hours of pure indulgence.
We loved the bustling Djamma El Fna, alleys and Souks and never felt threatened, maybe a little daunted on the first night but we were looked after very well.
We would certainly recommend Riad Bamboo.
P.S
Simo please look after the bees at breakfast time

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I just spent three days with Riad Bamboo and were very pleased with everything. The location is excellent and, as advertised, only a three minute walk from the Jemaa El Fna. Upon arrival we were greeted by Sonia and Simone, her house assistant, and given hot sweet mint tea and pastries to welcome us to her Riad. At all times the staff was excellent, kind, and very helpful...especially Aziz, who was so nice I wanted to take him home with me! Our room, although not large by US standards, was comfortable, very nicely decorated, and upscale in design. It had a dyed concrete bath tub and concrete walls with a really cool etched design in them that reminded me more of New York than Morocco. The large bay window opened up to look down into the interior courtyard. The bed and pillow were also very comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well! A very filling breakfast was served on the roof where you could watch the sunrise (or sunset), birds, and listen to the city...most enjoyable! Sonia's husband Frederick picked us up and returned us to the airport which I recommend as it helps you get situated immediately before you head out to the Jemaa. Aziz helped us confirm our return airplane reservations via internet and his personal phone. Sonia and Frederick have spent a lot of time and money making Riad Bamboo a very comfortable and enjoyable place to stay. I would gladly stay there again and recommend you give them consideration when staying in Marrakesh. RM 14/09/2012

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 as the Riad appealed to me over any of the fancy hotels around the area. I was advised to stay outside of the Old Town as it can be noisy however Riad Bamboo is perfect as it quiet and welcoming and yet you are in the City Centre. The breakfast is lovely and just what you need to set you up for the day. Frederic is a star and will happily give you plenty of information on where to visit. He even borrowed an Iphone charger as a favour to me. Thanks again Frederic. I would also suggest getting the taxi transfer that the Riad can arrange for you, as it takes the pain away from trying to locate the street on your arrival.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Sonia is the perfect riad owner who pops in to greet guests and chat but leaves the day to day running to Simo and the girls who we can't praise highly enough. Never intrusive but always on hand for anything you need. The food (and wine!) is delicious and the place is spotlessly clean. The riad is perfectly located and easy to find and has been sympathetically restored to a high standard with modern amenities but has kept all the charm you crave. It has its own hamman and spa with reasonably priced beauty treatments so you can really relax after a day in the square!! The roof terrace is just perfect for lounging around in the sun or dining and the dipping pool is a welcome relief. The tour guide we arranged through Simo was brilliant and took us to the mountain villages for the day which was well worth the 90€ as he was a mine of information and humour. Marrakech is a world away in so many ways but you will feel completely at home in this beautiful riad. It is now the only riad for us. Thank you to everyone at Riad Bamboo who made our stay the highlight of our holiday. X

Room Tip: All beautiful but would be advisable to opt for one on the second floor unless you're an early r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Two mates and myself recently stayed at the Riad Bamboo, in the heart of the Medina, for 4 nights in May 2012. This isn't your traditional Riad, in that, it has been modernized with all the amenities required to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Yet at the same time, it has kept much of the old world charm in its decor successfully mixing old and new in a way that makes traveling away from home transparent.

From the initial contact with Sonia, two months before our travel, right through the duration of our stay, Simon was exceptionally attentive to our needs; including organizing a trip into the desert, suggesting restaurants and being flexible to our changing morning schedule for serving breakfast each day. This Riad has everything you need to make your visit to the city pleasurable. I would suggest that if you use the hotel to book any trips outside of the Marrakech ensure you provide details of the language you want your guide to speak; we had a French guide, which made communication a bit difficult at times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We recently stayed at Riad Bamboo for four nights. Stepping into the riad from the hectic streets of the medina was like stepping into another world. The rooms are nice and a great breakfast was served either in the courtyard or on the roof. All the staff are very helpful and eager to attend to your every need, especially Simone. My only suggestion for improvement would be to jack up the power on the WiFi server. It seemed only to work if within a short distance of the front desk.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed for 7 nights at Riad Bamboo.What a beautiful oasis in busy Marrakech!
Thanks to Sonia,Frederic and their dedicated staff I felt so special.There is so much good energy in this place!
The Riad is beautifully and tastefully decorated,very clean and with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!
The location is perfect,just minutes from the main square and the souks.
When I arrived Simo welcomed me wth traditional Moroccan fresh mint tea and cute pastries.Simo was always so helpful,friendly and polite.I felt like a Moroccan princess :-)
I had a Hammam and massage which was great and soooo relaxing!
I loved having breakfast in the court yard,listening to relaxing arabic music in the background and seeping my morning coffee...perfection!

To sum up - I felt in love in Morocco and I felt in love in Riad Bamboo X

Maggie

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Bamboo? Share your experiences!