“Not the best food unlike other reviews” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Moroccan, Steakhouse, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
london
“Not the best food unlike other reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

After reading all the great reviews I was happy to try this place, but perhaps from the last posts the cook has changed.

I ordered the Kefta kebab which was to have a flavor of cumin and parsley ... But it was a total fail. I asked for more cumin but it couldn't get better. Kefta kebab should have some chopped onion, parsley or cilantro and spice .....this only had salt and a lot of it.

My sister ordered, chicken tangine and there was lots of salt as well.

Before you order ask clearly if the Kefta meat is marinated and to put less salt.

Happy trials!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
  • Greek first
Croydon, Surrey
“Lovely set meal £10 but impossible to find alone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had seen great reviews for this "restaurant" so decided to eat here. We had to get a taxi £10/100MAD against our will as we could never have found the address otherwise. We were passed on to a bystander who helpfully offered to escort us to the place as the taxi could not pass into the alley. After a circuitous route we arrived and were told we should pay him 200MAD/£20 for the privilege. We firmly refused & on leaving we found that we could have walked a few yards to the restaurant from the cab rank. As it is away from the centre of the medina and wandering the labyrinth of alleyways was not a good idea at night; we took a cab back to the hotel. These two trips made it more than we anticipated paying.
That said, the meal was lovely traditional Moroccan fare and for £10 we ate well.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Nice little dining spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to this place on the strength of TA and the fact that it was closed to my Riad. The rooftop terrace provided for a nice view of a mosque. I liked my moroccan salad and the tagine I had was among the best I had in Morocco. The service was decent as well. I forgot what the pricing was but I don't think I had any issues with it. There was also live music to help with the ambiance. Mostly tourist spot but sometimes that is a-ok.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice spot, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant because of the high rating on TA. Not easy to find, but eventuality found it thanks of the tea cup on the rooftop. Nice rooftop terrace, live music and nice views. Food was good, we had the 100dh menu and really liked it. Service was good too, had a nice evening!

Mebourne
“Good once you find it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We managed to find this restaurant on our second attempt. It's not the cafes fault but ours. But its not easy to find places in Marrakech. The cafe has a lovely entrance. The stairs to the roof are rather steep, but once you're there you can relax. We very much enjoyed our tanjias and while the restaurant is a little more expensive than some of the cheap places around medina, it is certainly better quality, and it's alot cheaper than many others. My only complaint is that we left before the musicians started.

• Visited May 2013