“An oasis of calm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 73 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“An oasis of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The baths were recommended by our hotel, the Riad Catalina, for both price and quality of service. We were guided from the big square which was very helpful. I was unsure what to expect. However, it was a wonderful experience. The staff were friendly and reassuring. Their English is limited and it was good that we both know some French. The atmosphere is tranquil after the chaos of the Souks. We were the only clients, but this was out of high season. I had thought that men and women would be treated separately, but we were asked if we would like to stay together. The hamman bath was lovely. A very warm room, lots of warm water, followed by a scrub. The girl was lovely and professional. This was followed by a relaxing massage which lasted for one hour. Neither of us are an expert on massage, but we both felt wonderful by the end. The whole visit for the two of us cost 740drs (about £60) which we felt was good value. We would recommend Les Bains de Kabira.

Visited January 2013

Berkeley, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Parlez-vous francais?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff speak French and very little English, especially the women who bathe and massage customers. However, you don't need to know much French except perhaps too soft or too hard. Luckily, my boyfriend speaks French. We scheduled an appointment over the phone, but we made a visit beforehand to make sure we knew where and what we were getting ourselves into. Neither of us had visited a hammam before, so we did not know exactly what to expect. We opted to have our treatments together. We booked the 45-min zen hammam for 250dh per person and 1-hr relaxing massage for 240dh per person. The zen included pretty much everything... Full body scrub including facial and hair washing. We were in the same room, and she alternated scrubbing and washing between the too of us. She was gentle with the scrubbing, and my skin was super soft afterwards. We had a break for tea while we waited for our masseuses. Our massages were in a room upstairs. The massages were the right amount of pressure for both of us. They did ask us a few times if we were okay. I really liked whatever was being rubbed on us. The stuff on my face smelled like apple. All in all, I would recommend Les Bains de Kabira. It's not a posh pampering spa, but the prices reflect that. It's a simple, clean hammam with nice staff, who take care to make you feel comfortable.

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Breath of fresh air”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

wonderfull placeto visit.. hammam is great. staff so friendly, however can improve on the massage treatment quality ... overall excellent.

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not what I expected...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

it was beyond my expectations. I had never taken Hammam before but I had read quite a bit and knew what to expect. But there is a major difference between theory and practice ! The waiting area was lovely, quiet , and tranquil. The wait time between my arrival and appointment time was minimal. There was a lovely area with lockers and key for me to place my goodies and a wonderful robe to put on. I brought my own shower shoes, but there were shoes there for use.
I was then taken into the area ( which is very hot and humid ) for what I consider the best thing of my life. Bowls of hot water were poured over my head repeatedly to start this experience- I was lost...and then came the scrubbing, and massaging, and more water and resting ( one this heated marble slab) and more massaging. Needless to say after the 1.5 hours I was nothing more than a humbled spirit enclosed in a well scrubbed body. When it was done I was robed and escorted back to the waiting area where there was a nice glass of mint tea waiting. This, I could have done everyday. I was also given my kissee ( scrubbing glove) and a jar of savon noir ( Black soap ) to take. You should know (2) words in French, English or Moroccan Arabic : Harder or Softer. If your skin is tender then you clearly want to be able to say " softer." And if you are " shy " you can leave your undies on..although it does limit the scrubbing body experience...make sure to bring extra's if you do.

I've been to many Spa's in the US and thought there was nothing to top them...I now know there is...Hammam - nothing like it ! Take one when in Marrakech.

Visited December 2011
Frederiksberg, Denmark
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Wellness at will”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My wife and I had the Kabira package - hammam, scrub and relaxing massage. And I have to say that we're satisfied. Decent quality of service - no fuss reservation, continual attention, serious bathing and scrubbing - the massage is a bit on the soft side, but you can just imagine that it's 'wellness'. All in all a fair pricing of the 1 hour 45 minutes package.

www.lesbainsde-kabira.com