“Parlez-vous francais?” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Berkeley, CA
“Parlez-vous francais?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff speak French and very little English, especially the women who bathe and massage customers. However, you don't need to know much French except perhaps too soft or too hard. Luckily, my boyfriend speaks French. We scheduled an appointment over the phone, but we made a visit beforehand to make sure we knew where and what we were getting ourselves into. Neither of us had visited a hammam before, so we did not know exactly what to expect. We opted to have our treatments together. We booked the 45-min zen hammam for 250dh per person and 1-hr relaxing massage for 240dh per person. The zen included pretty much everything... Full body scrub including facial and hair washing. We were in the same room, and she alternated scrubbing and washing between the too of us. She was gentle with the scrubbing, and my skin was super soft afterwards. We had a break for tea while we waited for our masseuses. Our massages were in a room upstairs. The massages were the right amount of pressure for both of us. They did ask us a few times if we were okay. I really liked whatever was being rubbed on us. The stuff on my face smelled like apple. All in all, I would recommend Les Bains de Kabira. It's not a posh pampering spa, but the prices reflect that. It's a simple, clean hammam with nice staff, who take care to make you feel comfortable.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Breath of fresh air”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

wonderfull placeto visit.. hammam is great. staff so friendly, however can improve on the massage treatment quality ... overall excellent.

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
“Not what I expected...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

it was beyond my expectations. I had never taken Hammam before but I had read quite a bit and knew what to expect. But there is a major difference between theory and practice ! The waiting area was lovely, quiet , and tranquil. The wait time between my arrival and appointment time was minimal. There was a lovely area with lockers and key for me to place my goodies and a wonderful robe to put on. I brought my own shower shoes, but there were shoes there for use.
I was then taken into the area ( which is very hot and humid ) for what I consider the best thing of my life. Bowls of hot water were poured over my head repeatedly to start this experience- I was lost...and then came the scrubbing, and massaging, and more water and resting ( one this heated marble slab) and more massaging. Needless to say after the 1.5 hours I was nothing more than a humbled spirit enclosed in a well scrubbed body. When it was done I was robed and escorted back to the waiting area where there was a nice glass of mint tea waiting. This, I could have done everyday. I was also given my kissee ( scrubbing glove) and a jar of savon noir ( Black soap ) to take. You should know (2) words in French, English or Moroccan Arabic : Harder or Softer. If your skin is tender then you clearly want to be able to say " softer." And if you are " shy " you can leave your undies on..although it does limit the scrubbing body experience...make sure to bring extra's if you do.

I've been to many Spa's in the US and thought there was nothing to top them...I now know there is...Hammam - nothing like it ! Take one when in Marrakech.

Visited December 2011
Frederiksberg, Denmark
28 attraction reviews
“Wellness at will”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My wife and I had the Kabira package - hammam, scrub and relaxing massage. And I have to say that we're satisfied. Decent quality of service - no fuss reservation, continual attention, serious bathing and scrubbing - the massage is a bit on the soft side, but you can just imagine that it's 'wellness'. All in all a fair pricing of the 1 hour 45 minutes package.

www.lesbainsde-kabira.com
GPS Location: N 31.37.600 W 007.59.335

Visited April 2011
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
“Not the most attentive staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We were looking for a cheaper place for a massage, than the so famous " Les Bains de Marrakech". After searching online and finding their website with such a great variety of massages for a lower price, we decided to visit Les Bains de Kabira which was close to our hotel.
The receptionist offered mint tea and she was very helpful when explaining the different massages they had. We really wanted to have a pair of strong hands but all I could get as a female was an Oriental massage because men can't massage women, or vice-versa. We made an appointment for the next day for Oriental massage and Shiatsu massage.
When we arrived there the next day, 10 minutes before our appointment, the receptionist invited us to take a sit and we waited for 30 minutes without any explanation or apology for the delay. Finally a lady asked me to walk with her to a really dark room where I took my clothes off without any sort of privacy. She asked me to lay down and gave me the oriental massage, which was supposed to be one of the hardest they had. Well it was everything but hard and after a while I fell asleep. The massage should last for 1hour and it took her 45minutes in total. Then I waited for my friend who should have had the shiatsu massage (only given by the owner) and he told me he got an oriental massage instead because there was anyone else to give the shiatsu one. We walked to the receptionist and she said they didn't know if he would even come today, although we made an appointment the day before. She said she would call us whenever the owner "would have time for an appointment" (they didn't call during our 8days stay in Marrakech) and then she was even making jokes out of the situation like nothing happened.
The interior was nicely decorated and there was a really relaxing ambiance. The hammam/ massages were 100dh-150dh cheaper than the other places meant for tourists.