“Bad quality” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #852 of 1,070 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Biarritz, France
“Bad quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

For the price I did not expect much, but when we went to other places for the same price and the standard was so much higher. They have a bad problem with the drains, this is common all over Morocco but the staff did not seem to care. No incense or cleaners about which is normal. Unlike other guest house owners I met on my 2 months in Morocco the staff here were very unfriendly. I only stayed for 1 night. I will not go back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

To start with, the rooms were moldy and stank like a public toilet.
The toilets were broken and leaked all over the "bathroom" where one was supposed to take shower. No windows in room or toilet so you imagine the stink... The guy who runs the place run off as soon as we were in and was never seen again. We booked one night with breakfast but as he never turned up we had to leave without breakfast... Terrible place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This shabby place is a total rip-off. The room was tired and run-down, lights/light-switches didn't work, there was an air-conditioning unit but no control to turn it on, the bed sheets did not appear to have been washed and the bathroom/room smelled like a urinal. We booked on Expedia but our credit card was not charged in advance, the owner at first demanded to be paid in cash, since we did not have enough he agreed to take a credit card payment but added on extra charges. The room was definately not worth the price. We have stayed in similarly priced small hotels/guesthouses in Marrakesh and know that you can get somewhere far, FAR nicer for less than what we were charged here. We left feeling well and truly scammed.
It is well located for the central attractions but was noisy at night time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Two young lads running a riad, no clue about service and ripped us off for taxi ride to airport, uncommunicative and sat around watching a TV keeping everyone awake.

Good breakfast though!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Zandvoort, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

As a solo traveler I booked a 1-person room here for a week. The first two nights I slept in a damp, like a dungeon smelling - prison cell-like, kind of room. Even my clothes in the cupboard went damp. After that i was moved to a two-beds room where the beds were 180 cm long. Being 185 cm I had to sleep diagonally. The bathroom I had to use was still in the making and was, to say the least, very basic. Being in a quiet location, the noises from the other rooms were sometimes disturbing. The terrace, and view from there, were not nice.
The big plus was the fact that it is in a very central location.
My mistake was to book for a week. In future I will only book this long when I am absolutely sure that the accommodation is to my likings. After 4 days I decided to upgrade myself to a 5 star resort outside Marrakech and loved the place! Eden Andalou!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Riad Tarik? Share your experiences!