“Helpful hints for a Great Riad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Atlas Guest House

You added Riad Atlas Guest House to your Saves list
Riad Atlas Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   19 Derb Sidi Boulfdail | Kennaria, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #692 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Toulouse, France
“Helpful hints for a Great Riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The other reviews accurately rate this Riad very highly for location and value. Here is some other useful information. You may as well include the Riad's taxi in and out services as part of the room price since I don't see how you can organize any other way to get in or out for the airport (€15), train or bus (€10). The Riad is locked at all times so you must ring the doorbell to get in. After 10:30 PM you must call ahead. Great for security but a little inconvenient. We had mosquitoes in our ground level room probably because the windows to the courtyard are left open during the day. Wifi in the rooms is weak but works.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tours, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

As a student i don't tend to travel on a huge budget, and I was so happy to be able to stay in such a stunning place on such a small budget! When I first walked into the riad my first impression was WOW!it was so beautiful and tastefully decorated I stayed in a double room on the ground floor with its own bathroom, only strange thing was there was no door between bedroom and bathroom. But this did not stop this place from being jsut perfect! it was like paradise in the middle of the medina! bout a 2mn walk froñ djemma el fna but not disturbed by the noise when in the riad. Breakfast was homemade and just delicious and it changed every day.Staff was amazing and became more like a friend over our stay! I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a quiet place a few minutes away from Place Jemaa El Fna. After a crazy day at the square it was always nice to come home to Riad Atlas. Breakfast was a nice treat on the terasse. It consisted of bread, jams, coffee or tea, and a dessert. The staff's service is topnotch (Brahim, Assan, Zaki and the ladies). On the day of our departure they even served us breakfast extra early so we didn't leave for the airport hungry. We were even treated to some mint tea by Brahim during one of the nights we were there. The place felt like our own while we were there. A reminder for those who wish to stay in a riad: Please bear in mind that it is a quiet place. If you can't avoid making noise then you better stay somewhere else. Atlas could've used some heating for the rooms and a few more toiletries. Apart from that I have nothing bad to say about it. Great value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

my sister and i stayed for 5 nights at the riad atlas. the place is absolutely beautiful...a place of peace and calm within the medina. only a short 3-min, convenient walk from the djemaa el fna square. airport pick-up was simple and convenient. on our last day, our flight was early but an early breakfast was prepared for us at 6:30, even if breakfast normally started at 8:30am. the riad staff were all very friendly, polite and always ready with a smile. brahim was at the riad for most part of our stay and was very gracious and helpful, even having mint tea with us one night. oh and breakfast with different types of moroccan bread and jam was just really great!! also, a nice touch was the different, pretty ways that the bed spreads and towels were laid out each day. some suggestions for improvement: the sink and shower drains were not working that well...but the water went down after a few minutes so not a big bother. also, it tends to be quite cold in the early morning, so a portable heater or something would be helpful. all in all, our stay at the riad was a very nice, comfortable, pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This small guest house / hotel is really lovely.
I also stayed in 2 other hotels, which were newer and on paper should have been better (they certainly cost more), but Riad Atlas was the best. It is in the centre of the old city (not out in the new city), so much more convenient for seeing the sights, and it is beautiful. My friends stayed at another Riad in the old city and I was able to look at their place too. The design of all the Riads seems very similar (small number of rooms around a central atrium on 3 or 4 floors), but Atlas was more friendly and had a better atmosphere than their place. They don't have all mod-cons, but what they have is really well done. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, but the 4 I saw were all lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The Riad Atlas is close to Djemaa el Fna, yet is an oasis of calm. I had the first-floor room...in effect the entire first floor with pool, fountain and filtered-light sitting area was my private suite, as there are no other rooms on that floor, although there is a comfy lounge behind curtains with television and sound system.
The rooms have uniquely decorated walls, tiles, accoutrements, and beautiful hand-made wooden wardrobes and furniture. I was lovingly attended by our host and a concierge who spoke genteel English and was most accommodating. How helpful and friendly to give me a card with his name and number and to be told to call for anything! I felt pampered and posh...and it was all for this remarkably low price. The pickup at the airport made life so simple, and all was done with grace and charm. Breakfast on the rooftop was a delight...and when I had an early morning hot air balloon ride, the concierge woke up and made me early breakfast! I't talking 5 am!!!! That's outrageous, and I felt terribly guilty, but so grateful for these attentions.
I love, love, love Riad Atlas...it made my stay so very sweet. I loved taking a break in a busy day to lie on my bed with the windows open, and looking through the wrought iron to the courtyard, connecting with friends on my iPad with the free wifi. Then, walking the narrow alleys to the central square with all its chaotic charm. It was a perfect place to stay...in the heart of the Medina but a true refuge from the activities into peace and calm.

Room Tip: The first floor room is really nice and a great value!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Riad Atlas is a three minute walk to Place Jemaa el FNA, in a surprisingly quiet location. It is good to be near the heart of the action, and even nicer to find some peace at the end of the day. I did not meet the owners, but the staff is very friendly and knowledgable about the area. They attended to my needs gracefully. I liked it enough to stay there twice during my trip to Morocco. The riad is very nicely decorated and the rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. The laundry service is great and riad is spotlessly clean. It is really good value for the money. The riad also offers day trips with a driver who acts as a guide. I had a lovely time going to the Atlas mountains/Sidi Fatima. I recommend taking a trip outside Marrakech - they have many choices. I would, however, recommend that you skip the massage/hammam that they offer - for many reasons.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Le Gallia
The Red House
The Red House
#73 of 1,135 in Marrakech
5.0 of 5 stars 318 reviews

Been to Riad Atlas Guest House? Share your experiences!