“great service in the riad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Nesma

You added Riad Nesma to your Saves list
Riad Nesma
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   128 Riad Zitoune Lakdim | Medina, Marrakech 40040, Morocco   |
Ranked #120 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
“great service in the riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

It's a not bad location, it's the end of the street from the market sqaure. We actually found it a very difficult walk from the market, especially the first day when u have your luggages and the streets and stores are terribly indicated. The street was narrow, and lots of people imposed themselves to offer u the directions.
But once we arrived at the riad, it's fantastic. the service was excellent, the guys really helped and reassured us from the chaos, and gave us the survival guide in marrakesh. ( they pretty much booked all the excursions for us with very little commision fee, conpared to the other riads) They simply replace the tourist infomation center ( which was always closed everytime we passed by)

• Stayed October 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Forest Hills, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I came here after a trek throughout the countryside of Morocco and thought I heard angels singing when I first walked up the stairs to this Riad. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but I was delightfully surprised when I saw how clean and quaint the Riad was from the trickling fountains to the tiled designs throughout the space. Highlights of the Riad are below:

- Clean, air conditioned rooms with TV/safe
- Free breakfast of pastries and beverages on rooftop everyday
- 10-15 minute walk to the square and souks
- Extremely friendly and attentive staff

They also seem to have daily excursions leaving from the Riad, which I didn't participate in any, but they had some cool options. I'd definitely stay here again during my next trip to Marrakech!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The beautiful rooftop breakfast, basic and tasty, made up for the annoyance of having to ask for a bar of soap, a blanket, how to make the hot water work, and the "broken" tv. Wonderful Riad in the middle of it all, great AC, great bed, substantial room, great value!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

From here we walked everywhere within the center of Marrakech. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. However, the furniture was a bit tasteless. We stayed on the ground-floor, meaning that we didn't have a window with daylight. Weird feeling! Nice breakfast and very nice service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Staying at Riad Nesma on our first trip to Marrakech was a blessing: it was very easy to find (considering the otherwise mad streets of the Medina) and very easy to reach the main attractions (the main square, Bahia Palace, Badi Palace and the Sadiaan Tombs).

Navigating late at night from the main square back to the Riad was relatively simple and safe, unlike some other parts of the Medina.

In the Riad itself, the room was very clean and tidy, air conditioned and can be locked. The staff was very friendly and helpful, fluent in English and available 24/7.

Breakfast was prepared on request and provided enough carbs to keep you going till lunchtime.

Definitely recommended, especially for first timers in Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

What a great staff at Riad Nesma! The front desk staff was amazing, and the ladies who did breakfast were lovely. One of the gentlemen at the front desk spent our stay spoiling our young daughter. He was very kind.

The rooms are small, but cute. The bathrooms are clean and attractive. The roof terrace was very nice. Breakfast was typically Moroccan but very good.

The central courtyard could have used a few candles and rose petals to give that really wonderful riad experience, but that's just a small detail that I can certainly overlook.

Don't hesitate to give this place a try.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I enjoyed my first trip to Marrakech and I loved the central location of Riad Nesma. I appreciated reading others reviews before booking a reservation. The airport shuttle was convenient and I waved away wheelbarrow man because I didn't mind carrying/rolling my luggage for 20 yards. The breakfast is fantastic but don't forget to reserve your meal with the front desk. I did forget once, but the staff was accomodating and I had a great breakfast. The hotel staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond the call of service. I came down with fever and the staff gave me doliprane (acetaminophen.) I also enjoyed meeting other guests and it seems we all had the same Fodor's guide which must be how we discovered this riad :)

I booked a day trip tour to the Atlas Mountains with the front desk and it was a great value. It was a group tour of 15 for about 200dh/person. I ended up making a good friend on the tour. I was glad I brought clothes hangers from home and I walked down the street to haggle for 6 liters of Sidi ali (bottled water). The whole trip was an unforgettable experience and I would recommend this riad to anyone visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Nesma? Share your experiences!