“Rooftop breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Nesma

You added Riad Nesma to your Saves list
Riad Nesma
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   128 Riad Zitoune Lakdim | Medina, Marrakech 40040, Morocco   |
Ranked #115 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
NEW YORK
“Rooftop breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The beautiful rooftop breakfast, basic and tasty, made up for the annoyance of having to ask for a bar of soap, a blanket, how to make the hot water work, and the "broken" tv. Wonderful Riad in the middle of it all, great AC, great bed, substantial room, great value!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bonn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

From here we walked everywhere within the center of Marrakech. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. However, the furniture was a bit tasteless. We stayed on the ground-floor, meaning that we didn't have a window with daylight. Weird feeling! Nice breakfast and very nice service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Staying at Riad Nesma on our first trip to Marrakech was a blessing: it was very easy to find (considering the otherwise mad streets of the Medina) and very easy to reach the main attractions (the main square, Bahia Palace, Badi Palace and the Sadiaan Tombs).

Navigating late at night from the main square back to the Riad was relatively simple and safe, unlike some other parts of the Medina.

In the Riad itself, the room was very clean and tidy, air conditioned and can be locked. The staff was very friendly and helpful, fluent in English and available 24/7.

Breakfast was prepared on request and provided enough carbs to keep you going till lunchtime.

Definitely recommended, especially for first timers in Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

What a great staff at Riad Nesma! The front desk staff was amazing, and the ladies who did breakfast were lovely. One of the gentlemen at the front desk spent our stay spoiling our young daughter. He was very kind.

The rooms are small, but cute. The bathrooms are clean and attractive. The roof terrace was very nice. Breakfast was typically Moroccan but very good.

The central courtyard could have used a few candles and rose petals to give that really wonderful riad experience, but that's just a small detail that I can certainly overlook.

Don't hesitate to give this place a try.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I enjoyed my first trip to Marrakech and I loved the central location of Riad Nesma. I appreciated reading others reviews before booking a reservation. The airport shuttle was convenient and I waved away wheelbarrow man because I didn't mind carrying/rolling my luggage for 20 yards. The breakfast is fantastic but don't forget to reserve your meal with the front desk. I did forget once, but the staff was accomodating and I had a great breakfast. The hotel staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond the call of service. I came down with fever and the staff gave me doliprane (acetaminophen.) I also enjoyed meeting other guests and it seems we all had the same Fodor's guide which must be how we discovered this riad :)

I booked a day trip tour to the Atlas Mountains with the front desk and it was a great value. It was a group tour of 15 for about 200dh/person. I ended up making a good friend on the tour. I was glad I brought clothes hangers from home and I walked down the street to haggle for 6 liters of Sidi ali (bottled water). The whole trip was an unforgettable experience and I would recommend this riad to anyone visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I just returned from a holiday to Marrakech with my boyfriend and we spent a week in Riad nesma. It exceeded all expectations and all bad reviews here should be ignored. The room was large
Had air conditioning ( which is essential in the heat) bathroom was decent size. In response to the person who said it was a jail because it only had one window, that is ridiculous. Breakfast was so tasty we had bread,cake, pancakes, coffee fresh juice and an assortment of jams served on the roof terrace every morning by a lovely marrakeshi woman. The location was perfect and only 1 minute from the small square and 5 minute walk from
Djemma el fna (main square) and the entrance was in the souks which made it special. The reception was helpful giving us bargaining tips, telling us how much items were worth and booking tours. Overall I had a fantastic experience at Riad nesma and I will be advising all my friends to stay here if they visit morroco. In regards to the baggage man trying to charge 5 euros, it was annoying but he has nothing to do with the hotel,
We asked the reception if we had to pay him and they said he wasn't connected to the hotel and escorted him out, after all
The people are poor and will try earn money any way they can

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Riad Nesma? Share your experiences!