“Very good location, good value and very welcoming.” 4 of 5 stars

Amour de Riad
109 Derb Jamaa Derb Dabachi, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #660 of 1,148 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very good location, good value and very welcoming.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed in this riad for 4 nights and really enjoyed. I did not book in advance just because i descided to stay in Marrakech for 4 nights more i went to look for another accomodation for myself. I rang the bell and step into the calmness, Husein who works there and the 2 ladies they were very nice and welcoming so i did not hesitate to stay with them in my last days in Marrakech.
I found the price very good as well. I have payed 3 x more for an another riad for 7 nights and was quite happy to get the same even better quality for less money.
Room was small but for 1 person who spend the days out or on the roof is more than enough. Toilet and shower were on the corridor but always very clean.Only one thing could have been a bit better this is the matrasse on my bed, it was not very comfortable whenever i moved made funny noise and in the morning i got up with back pain.I think it would be really helpful to change the mattrasses in the single rooms, otherwise my general opinion is this is a very lovely riad with very helpful and welcoming staffs and i will definetely turn back because the location was excellent for me as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Erika7419

Kassel, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

A very friendly and lovely place! The rooms are clean and the hostel was renvated lately. The young team that manages the hostel is very nice, helpful and always open for a chat. For breafast they serve fresh orange juice, coffee, bread and marmalade. We felt very save and welcome. If you want to go on an excursion, the hostel cooperates with Atlas Trekking, a reliable agency for excursions in High Atlas mountains or the desert.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with windows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Riad is an excellant location only minutes from the main sqaure. The alleyway leading to the Riad is dark and i wouldnt recommend it for solo female travellers because of this.
Our room number 4 was on the first floor on the outer wall which overlooked the alley-this meant it was noisy at night with people shouting and running along the alley.
The room was small and the bed was very creaky.
Bathroom ok but shower tray flooded.

Staff were very friendly and breakfast consisted of bread, honey and pancakes with coffee which was good.

Overall an average stay and good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank channii70
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I enjoyed staying here, it was clean and fairly comfortable, the most important aspects of somewhere to sleep. It's not luxurious, but pleasant and good if you're on a budget.

My only issue if with one of the workers who harassed me when I stayed there, despite me dressing conservatively. Staying with my friend and her mother I felt fairly safe, but if I was a lone traveller I would have felt quite anxious and probably wouldn't have stayed longer than a night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Smashers999
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights in total here and it was basic but affordable. A good place to stay if you're just looking for a cheap central place to stay. However, as the other reviewer mentioned you might want to bring your own towel! The one supplied was a hand towel.
Also, most importantly for female travellers, I was harassed by one of the hotel staff, a man, who gave me a bit of unwanted attention and wouldn't take no for an answer. For this reason I personally wouldn't go back to this riad. I'd recommend it, though, if you want somewhere cheap and central and clean to stay.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank Ashwah
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

The location was excellent, easy short walk to the square. Staff were friendly and helpful. The single rooms are to be avoided. My room (Safran) was really dire. The bed sloped so bad that I nearly fell out of bed twice and gave up at 6am and went onto roof terrace to watch sun up instead. The room was really small and claustraphobic and contained only bed and a plastic stool. The toilet was so small you couldn't sit straight on it and it was hard to move. The fan on the ceiling was so large that everytime I looked up I laughed as I felt like I was under a helicopter! It had comedy value, but the place was, in character, like a small prison. A few pictures in rooms and a few added touches could have made a world of difference. Also the tea-towel sized "bath towel" also made me laugh. It was however, no joking matter as this was the most expensive riad of our stay! Thank god it was only for one night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends