“Clean and basic, not for single female travellers but pleasant otherwise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amour de Riad

and 1 more site!
You added Amour de Riad to your Saves list
Amour de Riad
109 Derb Jamaa Derb Dabachi, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #592 of 1,113 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Clean and basic, not for single female travellers but pleasant otherwise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I enjoyed staying here, it was clean and fairly comfortable, the most important aspects of somewhere to sleep. It's not luxurious, but pleasant and good if you're on a budget.

My only issue if with one of the workers who harassed me when I stayed there, despite me dressing conservatively. Staying with my friend and her mother I felt fairly safe, but if I was a lone traveller I would have felt quite anxious and probably wouldn't have stayed longer than a night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights in total here and it was basic but affordable. A good place to stay if you're just looking for a cheap central place to stay. However, as the other reviewer mentioned you might want to bring your own towel! The one supplied was a hand towel.
Also, most importantly for female travellers, I was harassed by one of the hotel staff, a man, who gave me a bit of unwanted attention and wouldn't take no for an answer. For this reason I personally wouldn't go back to this riad. I'd recommend it, though, if you want somewhere cheap and central and clean to stay.

• Stayed November 2010
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

The location was excellent, easy short walk to the square. Staff were friendly and helpful. The single rooms are to be avoided. My room (Safran) was really dire. The bed sloped so bad that I nearly fell out of bed twice and gave up at 6am and went onto roof terrace to watch sun up instead. The room was really small and claustraphobic and contained only bed and a plastic stool. The toilet was so small you couldn't sit straight on it and it was hard to move. The fan on the ceiling was so large that everytime I looked up I laughed as I felt like I was under a helicopter! It had comedy value, but the place was, in character, like a small prison. A few pictures in rooms and a few added touches could have made a world of difference. Also the tea-towel sized "bath towel" also made me laugh. It was however, no joking matter as this was the most expensive riad of our stay! Thank god it was only for one night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Amour de Riad? Share your experiences!