“Fantastic Riad with a personal touch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Cherrata

Save Saved
You added Riad Cherrata to your Saves list
Riad Cherrata
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Arset Elhouta Derb Cherrata 25 | Medina, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #16 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Fantastic Riad with a personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I'd recommend staying at the wonderful Riad Cherrata if you're visiting Marrakech. Valerie, who runs the Riad greeted us with mint tea and pastries before taking the time to explain where all the sights are on a map. She then walked us to a nearby restaurant as it was late when we arrived and explained to the owner we would pay tomorrow once we'd changed some sterling. Valerie even provided us with a mobile phone for our entire stay and said we could ring her any time.
The team of staff are always smiling and provided superb fresh baking each day for breakfast. Perfect, 5 star service in a traditional setting.

• Stayed April 2013

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Riad Cherrata over the Easter Week and as most other guests, we had the most unbelievable time! It needs repeating, Valerie is a host like no other! Warm, knowledgeable and always willing to help. Riad Cherrata is truly like a home-away-from-home. The entire building is spotless, with beautifully simple bedrooms and bathrooms. Located just outside the main soukhs, Riad Cherrata provides guests with the tranquility required after a busy day haggling and fighting crowds. Nothing prepares you better for the day ahead than the carbo-loaded feast of breakfast, filled with delicious pastries, preserves and yoghurt freshly prepared by the resident chef.

If you're looking for a riad in Marrakesh, don't consider anything else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at Riad Cherrata in March 2013. We chose it because of the fab reviews and they weren't wrong! Valerie is a wonderful host and she really does everything in her power to welcome you and help from the minute you arrive. The Riad is beautifully furnished and kept spotlessly clean, linen changed every day and the breakfasts are truely memorable! Valerie gave us hand drawn maps for making finding our way around easier and a mobile phone for backup. Valerie will book anything from Taxis to restaurants or in our case a trip to the Spa - she deserves all the business she gets because she works so hard to achieve excellence. If we ever visit Marrakech again, we will be staying here as the location is perfect too - just 10 minutes walk to the main square and 10 minutes drive from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Marrakech on 15 March 2013 to celebrate my 50th birthday with 6 friends. I chose Riad Cherrata on a friend's recommendation and it was a brilliant choice. This Riad is a little gem! Valerie, the owner, is the perfect host. nothing Is too much trouble for her. We had 3 rooms between us and she gave us 3 mobiles to use so we could stay in touch if we split up as we moved around the city. she had maps with her recommendations, booked taxis and restaurants for us and went iout of her way to make sure we had a good time. Breakfast is a feast, lovely pastries, local yummy yoghurt and freshly squeezed OJ .

She organised a birthday present for me, and was always on hand for us. rooms are lovely, very clean and fresh. Roof top terrace is fab, loungers to relax on and great views over Maarakech towards the Atlas Mountains.

Location is spot on, a 10 minute walk to the main square. Go with her recommendation for a hammam...that was fab!

Room Tip: All rooms were great but ones on the back a little quieter than those on the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bromley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 3 night stay at Riad Cherrata. Valerie was our wonderful host and from the minute we arrived to the minute she waved us off in the tax back to the airport she was amazing. Our trip was a birthday celebration. Valerie pulled all the stops out to make sure we had a weekend to remember. The Riad was elegant, peaceful but yet felt like a home from home and was a perfect base to come back to after the hustle and bustle of the souks. I will definitely recommend this Riad and look forward to making a return visit very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was wonderful and the breakfasts were fresh, home prepared and big enough to keep you going all day. Valerie was a wonderful host, both making us feel like welcome guests and preparing us for what to expect. One evening, she redefined customer service. We went out for a meal some distance from the Riad and were unprepared for the heavy rain that fell while we were eating. As she knew where we were she brought us some rain gear ! Amazing. The meal Sadia cooked for us one evening was also marvellous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I traveled to Morocco as a single female traveler in Early February, 2013. I had my first night in the Riad Cherrata where I was greeted by Valerie, the loveliest lady who not only provided me with a welcoming smile but mint tea, maps, fantastic recommendations for places to eat and what to see, and even provided me with a cell phone in case I needed some assistance. The rooms were pretty and very clean as was the entire Riad. It had a modern feel to it but still had a very Moroccan vibe. I loved it! I travelled around Morocco for one month and the Riad Cherrata was by far my favourite place that I stayed. It truly felt like home to me...seeing Valerie, Saadia, Izza and Halima in the Riad brought a feeling of calm and comfort to me. I would highly recommend a stay at the Riad Cherrata. It was a highlight of my trip!

Room Tip: I stayed in two separate rooms. I visited the Riad Cherrata on two separate occasions because I lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad Cherrata? Share your experiences!