“Beautiful Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Cherrata

Save Saved
You added Riad Cherrata to your Saves list
Riad Cherrata
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Arset Elhouta Derb Cherrata 25 | Medina, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #18 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at Riad Cherrata in March 2013. We chose it because of the fab reviews and they weren't wrong! Valerie is a wonderful host and she really does everything in her power to welcome you and help from the minute you arrive. The Riad is beautifully furnished and kept spotlessly clean, linen changed every day and the breakfasts are truely memorable! Valerie gave us hand drawn maps for making finding our way around easier and a mobile phone for backup. Valerie will book anything from Taxis to restaurants or in our case a trip to the Spa - she deserves all the business she gets because she works so hard to achieve excellence. If we ever visit Marrakech again, we will be staying here as the location is perfect too - just 10 minutes walk to the main square and 10 minutes drive from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Marrakech on 15 March 2013 to celebrate my 50th birthday with 6 friends. I chose Riad Cherrata on a friend's recommendation and it was a brilliant choice. This Riad is a little gem! Valerie, the owner, is the perfect host. nothing Is too much trouble for her. We had 3 rooms between us and she gave us 3 mobiles to use so we could stay in touch if we split up as we moved around the city. she had maps with her recommendations, booked taxis and restaurants for us and went iout of her way to make sure we had a good time. Breakfast is a feast, lovely pastries, local yummy yoghurt and freshly squeezed OJ .

She organised a birthday present for me, and was always on hand for us. rooms are lovely, very clean and fresh. Roof top terrace is fab, loungers to relax on and great views over Maarakech towards the Atlas Mountains.

Location is spot on, a 10 minute walk to the main square. Go with her recommendation for a hammam...that was fab!

Room Tip: All rooms were great but ones on the back a little quieter than those on the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bromley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 3 night stay at Riad Cherrata. Valerie was our wonderful host and from the minute we arrived to the minute she waved us off in the tax back to the airport she was amazing. Our trip was a birthday celebration. Valerie pulled all the stops out to make sure we had a weekend to remember. The Riad was elegant, peaceful but yet felt like a home from home and was a perfect base to come back to after the hustle and bustle of the souks. I will definitely recommend this Riad and look forward to making a return visit very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was wonderful and the breakfasts were fresh, home prepared and big enough to keep you going all day. Valerie was a wonderful host, both making us feel like welcome guests and preparing us for what to expect. One evening, she redefined customer service. We went out for a meal some distance from the Riad and were unprepared for the heavy rain that fell while we were eating. As she knew where we were she brought us some rain gear ! Amazing. The meal Sadia cooked for us one evening was also marvellous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I traveled to Morocco as a single female traveler in Early February, 2013. I had my first night in the Riad Cherrata where I was greeted by Valerie, the loveliest lady who not only provided me with a welcoming smile but mint tea, maps, fantastic recommendations for places to eat and what to see, and even provided me with a cell phone in case I needed some assistance. The rooms were pretty and very clean as was the entire Riad. It had a modern feel to it but still had a very Moroccan vibe. I loved it! I travelled around Morocco for one month and the Riad Cherrata was by far my favourite place that I stayed. It truly felt like home to me...seeing Valerie, Saadia, Izza and Halima in the Riad brought a feeling of calm and comfort to me. I would highly recommend a stay at the Riad Cherrata. It was a highlight of my trip!

Room Tip: I stayed in two separate rooms. I visited the Riad Cherrata on two separate occasions because I lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My 15 year old daughter and I spent 6 days at the peaceful Riad Cherrata and enjoyed every minute of our stay in Marrakech. The airport transfer arranged by Valerie made for a hassle free start and there were lots of other small extra touches, which added to our enjoyment. The personal welcome, the maps, the restaurant recommendations, the fabulous breakfast, the lovely room which was both spotless and comfortable, the waterproof capes and umbrella we were lent when it rained unexpectedly, the great location, the extra guidebooks we were offered, the mobile just in case we got lost or needed anything .... Nothing was too much trouble, highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
isle of wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a wonderful experience it was staying at Riad Cherrata. Valerie and team went beyond any expected requirements to make our holiday very special. The Riad is beautifully presented, exceptionally clean and what can I say about breakfast besides wow. Coming back after a busy day was so calming, hard to believe it's situated in the heart of the Medina. Valerie helped with transport and bookings, she provided a hand drawn map to ensure we didn't get lost and also a mobile phone. My husband had a birthday while there and we returned to our room to find a gift for him. The little touches just made the stay more special. Valerie arranged our airport transfers for both arrival and departure. She greeted us when we arrived and waved us off when we left, we really felt more than guests. I would highly recommend the Riad Cherrata if you want a wonderful experience and to be made to feel like VIPs at very reasonable prices. Both my husband and I will hold very special memories of our stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Cherrata? Share your experiences!