“Very nice hotel, pleasant staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa

You added Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Zone Touristiqur Agdal Lots 18 | Avenue Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #729 of 1,081 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Witney
“Very nice hotel, pleasant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my partner have just returned from a 3 night city break in Marrakech. I was very apprehensive after reading the reviews of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to say we have only good things to say about Zalagh Kasbah. The staff was helpful - yes it does take a bit longer for them to get the things sorted but we thought this might have been the speed of life in Morocco rather than them not wanting to help. Food was nice, couscous with caramelised red onion and raisins was particularly nice. So were desserts. Room was large, clean and bed were very comfortable. I would highly recommend paying a bit extra for the poolside view. Pool itself was very well kept and we had no problems with loud music or the lack of sun loungers. Shuttle runs around 6 times a day - there is a schedule displayed at the reception. We walked to medina once and it is a long walk - although very nice, can be a bit tiring in the sun. My experience leads me to believe that a smile and respect goes a long way in Morocco. I was very happy at this hotel and I would return. Oh and my partner said he had the nicest massage in his entire life - so he would recommend the spa.

Room Tip: Poolside view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

hotel has a 4 star rating and the rooms and pool complex are pleasant enough.
The staff are quite rude however and are suspicious without reason from check in.
We had an all inclusive package and the food selection was quite sparse.
Also dishes were left on tables and it attracted a lot of birds and insects into the restaurant. Staff seemed oblivious to this and just ignored them.
A lot of tour groups seem to start and finish here and we met quite a few people who had problems with the staff.
Wifi was also only available in the lobby not the rooms and was painfully slow.
A little more attention to customer service could improve this hotel greatly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a part of a Cosmos tour. There would be no other reason to stay here. The hotel is relatively new (about 3 years old) but the rooms look 30 years old. The cleanliness standards are less than stellar. My air-conditioning unit did not work and it took two hours to get it looked at only to have the guy go away to look for something and not to return. Eventually, I got someone in who took the filter out, which was thick with crud. He cleaned it but the air conditioning never did work. the beds in the rooms were hard and uncomfortable. there was free wifi in the lobby but it never worked. The pool is quite lovely. The food in the hotel was so-so. The medina is far from the hotel. The hotel does have a sporadic shuttle service to the medina. There is a Carrefour grocery store a 10 minute walk away from the hotel and it is open late (9:30 p.m.)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning and end of a tour of Morocco. First impressions were good, the rooms were fine, breakfast was good and the pool complex was lovely. The problem is the attitude of the reception desk. From the moment we checked in the customer service was the worst I have ever received.
Our air conditioning was leaking badly, water running from the ceiling, and it was obviously an existing issue as the ceiling was brown and had already been cut apart. After more than an hour and three more trips to remind them (during which it was clear they hadnt even recorded our room number) our tour guide stepped in and someone showed up.
Then our key card didn't work, which is quite common, but it took arguments and numerous trips back to reception to convince them to give us a new card. How easy would it have been to just give me a new one rather than waste my time and their's? Then while at breakfast housekeeping came into the room and took all of our towels, leaving none in their place, inconveniently before we had showered. Though we requested more towels, none arrived. We had to check out so ended up using pool towels.
We then needed to get a taxi to the airport. We were told to pay about 70 dirhams, and to ask reception to arrange as otherwise taxis would inflate the price. But reception quoted me 200 dirhams. I argued that that was to much but they wouldn't budge. We relayed the conversation to one of the bell boys and he confirmed that was far too much. We ended up going to a taxi driver directly and paying 120. Obviously the reception woman gets a cut of the taxi fare from any unsuspecting tourists.
These problems were so unnecessary and could have easily been avoided.
There are plenty of other hotels in Marrakech, my advice would be to choose somewhere else!

Farnborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel has reasonable rooms,fairly good food and is clean and presentable. Ideal for a long weekend or stopover as part of a tour but is a 10 minute drive from the centre of town and there is not a lot in the immediate area. The drinks are expensive and the staff are in the main very non descript and faceless. Breakfast is bland and if you get down late there will not be a lot left. I would not want to spend a week based here.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

People who review this hotel badly are doing it a great disservice! We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking a very attractive pool area. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The pool restaurant served us an excellent spaghetti Napolitano and a tasty Morrocan salad.The breakfast and evening buffets in the main restaurant were extensive and very tasty. The hotel is surrounded by other hotels, night clubs, cinema and modern shopping mall. There is a free bus into the centre of Marrakech which we made use of.
The pool music was repetitive and volume increased as the day wore on so I would consider it a minor annoyance. The pool attendant was attentive and the pool was clean.
We have enjoyed our stay and it compared favourably to the others we stayed in, in Casablanca, Fes, Erfoud and Ouazazate.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pool.
Blackpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

First impresses of this hotel were good. The room was tastefully furnished and clean and the pool area looked impressive. In fact the pool area does require a mention as being a great place to spend your time. Time is something we have plenty of here. For this hotel is a bus ride or taxi ride from Marrakech itself. A bus that has 14 seats with about 30 or more people trying to get on it. Fights ensued last night with general chaos all around. Outside this hotel, let me stress, there is NOTHING to see or do. No shops, no bars, no restaurants. All of that has be travelled to. This hotel has a bar where you can purchase 250ml bottles of local lager for 50dh that is almost £5 (UK) meals here are not very good at all. How a hotel, wherever it location, can earn 4 stars without having an a la carte restaurant is a bit of a mystery. It remains the only restaurant I have been in that the waiter came to take my order complete with pad, before I have seen a menu. A salad from the buffet I. This case for two came to 130dh. Considering that it was not really a salad but a collection of varying coleslaws does seem steep. The most popular "excursion" from this hotel,was to the Carrefore supermarket a few hindered yards down the road. This store sold large cans of local beer for 19dh. The small ones that he hotel sells for 50dh are on sale for 12. It seems that most guests stung by the high prices and lack of choice headed for the store. Meals in the snack bar are over priced and poorly served. A typical burger and one drink each combo will set you back close to 200dh - 260 dh being £20. As this report is live I have to include that today has been a nightmare poolside. The towel attendant, either at his own choice of at the request of some other guests have commandeered the CD player and the usual relaxing instrumental tunes have been replaced with R and B tunes that are being played louder than the house system would normally a,low. Thus, the throbbing beats are distorted. The lyrics of Mother F***** at high volume are not suitable for the elderly crowd and the families who quickly dispersed. It took my partner and me four times to get it turned down. It was only when he spoke to management that things quite need down. Overall, my experience of Morocco hasn't dimmed. This is my 8th visit, although my first to Marrakech. I will not be returning to the city. And certainly not to this hotel. It has left a bad taste and at the moment I am prisoner like I the lobby. Something I never would expect to be doing whilst on holiday. I have never written a review live from resort, so this shows my overall lack of enjoyment and strength of feeling.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a decent quality. If you have a pool view then fine, if you have an outside roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!