So I got married on 25/4 and my husbands birthday is the 26/4. We both live in Marrakech and were sat at home with a houseful of people and noise and decided to pack a bag jump on a hotel site and get a hotel at a good price. This hotel was less than half price for the night but we were treated quite rudely because of this. We remembered someone recommending this hotel to us only in march so thought it 15 minutes from home and its been praised....... Our experience was far from good and even though we didn't let it spoil our celebrations it left us feeling very disheartened. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!
1. We booked around 5.30pm arriving around 7pm. When checking in it took 3 yes 3 people to sort us out. The only guy I can praise was the bellman who from the second we arrived made us laugh and was so friendly. Even when we explained we had no change as we just hopped on our scooter and came he was like no problem I don't expect it. We tipped him later and he was very grateful. I found the ladies in the front desk very unorganised. Dealing with me and my husband separately which we couldn't understand why as the reservation was in my name. We produced all paperwork required (as we are Muslim and he is Moroccan we need to prove we are married). But they kept forgetting to make copies so check in took forever.
2. I specifically paid for a standard double room. When checking in they said they had given us a twin, and that's how all the rooms are.... We know this is rubbish as the person who recommended the hotel got a double bed! As newly weds we were both a little miffed. The bellman was great though he organised someone from housekeeping to come and make the twins into one bed using the same sheets. And it worked but I wasn't happy this was meant to be a romantic night. The room though was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable even though my husband and I had separate quilts..... Not really how you imagine spending your first legal night in a hotel under separate bedding. They were single quilts so we couldn't even get both of us under one. Can't fault the bathroom the bath was big enough for 2 and the shower was powerful and hot. Was enough mats toiletries and towels.
3. Room service! What a farce! Now I am completely understanding this is a foreign country. A country I live in and have a husband from here. Im fully aware English is not taught unless you pay to go to school but in the hotel industry in morocco I know basic English is a requirement. The girl who answered had none. Then left me waiting for 10 minutes while she found someone who could speak English. Once I got him he took my order quickly. Only then to call me back 5 minutes later to complete the order as he hadn't written down what I asked for. And then once it arrived things were missing. So we had to wait more time. The wine wasn't even cold and the ice bucket I requested had about 10 cubes in. Again not very impressed.
4. Noise. I was woken at 5am by staff bellowing to each other outside my door. My husband would sleep through an earthquake but even he was woken. We heard them again at 6 and again at 8. We had planned to wake at 8 anyway to go to breakfast.
5. Breakfast. There's lots of food. We arrived at around 8.45. I found the food choice ok. My husband didn't like it but he's used to his mums cooking which is amazing. Nothing fresh had been out out though. The honey was dirty the butter was fresh as it was still hard. The bread rolls were stale. The natural yoghurt was hot not warm hot. As I am pregnant I crave a good healthy breakfast and I couldn't eat most of what I chose. We had to hunt someone down for water only to be given 2 wine glasses. We had no cutlery I had to go ask someone for some. No napkins either. Very shoddy. And the order everything is in isn't organised all very running all over the place. I said good morning to the girls cleaning the tables only to be sneered at and ignored.
6. The pool. We loved the pool! As we were checking out at 12 we sat by it from 9-11.15 and it was very relaxing. Music played and the pool guy was very helpful. Apart from one incident he got angry with a cleaner and was screaming at her across the pool.
7. Check out. Well..... What a palava. When I booked this room it assured me my taxes were included...... This was not the case when checking out. I was charged £4 in additional charges. When I produced the receipt of my booking which confirmed I had paid tax the woman started to argue with my husband! She was rude and aggressive. We paid it anyway to avoid anymore confrontation but it was the icing on the cake. She didn't even say goodbye or Thankyou to us when we settled our room service bill. Just slammed our money on the counter. I was livid. My husband had to drag me out the hotel puffing and blinding with the bellman wondering who this crazy English woman was.
DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL THE STAFF ARE AWFUL
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zalagh Kasbah Hotel Marrakech