“An honest review...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #308 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
bristol
“An honest review...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 10.30pm after a horrendously long queue at the airport(there is no sense of urgency at all!!)

1.Food -crap in general expect for tagines.
On arrival we were told that dinner is finished and no food is available at all?!!its a hotel for gods sake...how can you have no food?!
Nevertheless I persisted and asked for a small snack as there are no nearby shops.we were presented with an appalling salad.
Food didn't get much better throughout the week.
-hardly any genuine Morroccan food
-they always serve left overs..which often taste and smell off
-juice glasses are like shot glasses
-limited choice of meat..either get weird cuts of meat or u have fish-the rest is all veg.
-breakfast exactly the same every single day..I have more variety in my house!

Shuttle bus service..(sigh)
Don't get me started.our main
Driver Hassan was brilliant.so punctual and helpful.on the last day we were surprised to
See a different driver who picked us up 40mins late!!!!!thats 40mins of baking in the sunshine and getting heat stroke!!so annoyed.no apology for being late.ruined our last day as we planned on going from new town to old town for lunch.instead we waited ages for our driver and ran out of time to get lunch.complained several times at reception ..and in the end we got a plate of stale croissants instead of being offered some real
Lunch!!!
So annoying.

Rooms are big..but so bare..like someone has forgotten to decorate the rest!

Generally very clean.

My final verdict?you can do much better than here.its miles away from any shops (we walked 1.5hrs and found no decent places to stop).

Food is meh.outside food way better and easy enough to access.

This is just a crap resort and does not in anyway reflect the amazing vibe of marrakech.

• Stayed September 2013

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Prague
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

At 22:40, I went to a bar to take two beers which is included in the price for the all inclusive and they informed to be out of beers and I should wait till tomorrow to get it and if I want, they informed me that I need to pay for it in another bar, note that the other bar was in the same hotel.
Called the responsible for the night shift and he informed that once they are out of the beers, they are out of beers and there are nothing they can do, so I needed to pay for the beer, or choose what was left in the bar...
Asked to talk to the manager and they informed that he is on holidays, so nothing can be done! Was really mad and frustrated regarding this kind of treatment from them.
After, the responsible came once again, to talk to us, gave us the money back for the beers we bought and gave us two more extra beers, even after we say that we only want the money back.
Second really bad experience in another hotel all inclusive at Marrocos, and booth for the same group: Atlas Hospitality! The next day, I believe in their way to say sorry, they put
We order a cappuccino at the bar, and he Putin a cup hot milk and one spoon with chocolate...I asked about the coffee and he said is this,so in the end I had a hot chocolate which for them is a cappuccino.
The worse thing is: it was only the first half day that this happen.

The swimming pool have animator, who are always calling you for do some activity: aerobic, volley and so on. They try to talk to everyone and seems friendly to me!
I went to take a towel for the swimming pool and the receptionist asked me a deposit for it, and informed once I get the towel back, I would then take the money back. This is a bit weird for me. Do they think that normal people will steal swimming pool towels?????

At the restaurant, they offer really small glasses, the same since of the saltshaker ( not large as well) and there are not so many food for choose, and cutlery is dirty. We need to hunt for a small spoon for the coffee or tea. During the dinner we saw a cat's fight, and one of the cats jumped into one guest who were seat there. There are 2 cats which seems to be from the hotel, and they are always there during the meals begging for food.

The shuttle we used to came from the Atlas Royal until here, did not know how to read and a trip which takes around 3 hours was 6 hours. We passed over and over again at the same place, he was totally lost! He asked the directions to everyone on the street. I was crying at this point and couldn't believe this!

Not so many people able to speak English, so French is needed here!

They have wifi for free and also shuttles for free ( determinate times) from the hotel to the city and also back, even though we paid a taxi as we couldn't find the bus on the supposed stop.

The room is clean, but the towels are really old and torn due to the long time so usage. I wouldn't say that this is a 4 stars hotel, even that I had an all inclusive there. The first thing I did once I get in the city was to eat at Mc Donald's. I did not like it at all!

Room Tip: Be fluent in French before book this hotel.
Belfair, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed the night here after 2 weeks of dealing with paperwork and government processes. It was a nice stay, with a good pool that had entertainment and decent service in the food/drink area. It was a gift from a family member so I can't comment on the value of the stay as far as price goes, but overall it was nice.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel is stunning and absolutely spotless and the rooms were always clean and tidy. By the end of lunch/dinner times, yes the restaurant was ready for a clean but that might have something to do with greedy people grabbing copious amounts of food (and leaving most of it) dropping their food and leaving used plates and cutlery everywhere, it was like feeding time at the zoo sometimes. But please note that this is the ‘guests’ fault and not the staff. The staff were always cleaning and were really helpful. The food was OK and there was quite a lot to offer but similar kinds of things were served every day so did get a bit boring.

I don’t know why harldy anyone mentions that there is an AQUA PARK!! There’s 4 adult slides which were fab! There is always something going on at the hotel and the animation team (Didi, Niko and Momo) were brilliant. They do announce the activities in French but if you ask they will explain in English and do try to get everyone involved.

We booked the Arabian nights trip through the rep called Rashid at the hotel which was brilliant and well worth the money.

Fab location, quiet and out of the way but there is a free bus service to and from the city centre about 6 times a day which takes about 20 minutes, otherwise the hotel will gladly book you a taxi which will cost about 10 euros each way.

Only bad points…..Most of the time everywhere was clean however the public toilets were pretty disgusting, the shop was hardly ever open and the guy on reception was really miserable at all times! Evening entertainment was quite dull, the same musicians every night and no drinking in the animation room so would rather go into the centre every night. The all-inclusive stops after 11pm (nothing at all available) so even though there is a nightclub, the place is like a ghost town by about 11:30. Also…no ice cream at all, you can only buy it from the gift shop but that is never open.

Its a shame this hotel gets such bad feedback because everyone (except face ache on reception) were really friendly and helpful andthe hotel is gorgeous. A lot of the bad feedback about this hotel is the language of the staff. People should really look and think logically before they book, yes they speak French (surprise surprise) so rather than whining about it you could either learn basic manners/day to day French (as you would expect from people holidaying over here) or book to stay in the UK or Benidorm.

Most announcements/information are in French (3rd Language for most of the locals after Berber and Arabic) as this is what the majority of the guests speak. The staff do speak English which for many of them is a 4th language but they are fully capable of having a conversation, helping and answering any questions. I’m sorry to bore you with these facts but I do think its unfair that people say the staff are rude and don’t speak English when they do, but tourists are too ignorant to bother learning any of the basic manners in another language themselves when you go to another country.

Room Tip: Request room with a balcony!!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel overall, but just a shame staff are arrogant and unhelpful. Food was always cold at dinner and lunch times, the floor in the restaurant was always grubby. Lunch an dinner time felt like food war, people always pushing in to the queues. The bar for drinks was never open on time. The location of the hotel is very far from local attractions. The pools were cleaned early morning's, plates with food an rubbish were left to be cleaned the next day. This is the 3rd time me an my best friend have visited marakech an this has to be the worst hotel we've stayed in so far, we did read the reviews before we booked but took our chances. Overall we had a lovely holiday we just know never to stay at this hotel again :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

we got a great package deal through hotels4u
Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. The staff couldn't do enough for you. Very friendly with most speaking some English. The hotel itself was very well laid out and our room was of an excellent standard. The food was varied and right up my street. Will definately return and have made some lovely friends. Can't wait to return.
We had two trips out organised by hotels4u rpresentative rashid which were excellen and one to the souk where the was necessary to discover and he was very knowledgeable and entertaining.
I would recommend the hotel to others, and would visit again.

Room Tip: room we got excellent i remember it was 1111
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We returned from the Atlas Targa yesterday and can only be positive about it all.
On arrival the staff were helpful and tried their hardest to understand my pigeon French (for the ignorant review writers who moaned about the French speaking. ... get a life, you're not in Europe, you're in Africa! !, you're lucky to get French! !).
Our rooms were perfect (although no fridge but we got over that).
Water slides were a total bonus at the pool, having two boys under ten meant they were occupied!
Marrakech centre is 15mins away by free shuttle bus which is easily bookable and prompt there and back.
Airport is also 15mins away.
Food was ok at mealtimes, plenty to choose from ranging from traditional tagine to pizza and chips! Only sad thing was the gluttonous food hoarders who should have been ashamed of their wastefulness!
All inclusive bar was good, felt sorry for the bar staff who work very long hours and after chatting to them earn about £2 a day.

Pools were clean, safe and easily accessible.

I couldn't fault this holiday. My children had a wonderful time and experienced new things.
The well organised excursions are cheap and easily available. Would recommend the waterfalls in the atlas mountains. .. a three hour bus journey, but breathtaking. Cost 660dirham for two which is about £50.

Would definitely return and feel sorry for the reviewers who could possibly say bad things about such a beautiful country/culture and experience..... remember this is not Europe!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Atlas Targa & Resort? Share your experiences!